• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

More on the Hinrich situation

Guest Squawker

Guest Squawker

Dont know if someone already posted but here it is anyways...

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2011/02/22/trade-rumors-by-da-vol-i/?ls=iref:nbahpt2

"The Atlanta Hawks are interested in Washington Wizards veteran point guard Kirk Hinrich, according to league sources, but the Hawks are not willing to give Washington both a young player and a first-round pick for Hinrich, the Wizards’ current asking price."

Hinrich is not worth a first unless we are getting McGee IMO. Okey doke. Sessions and Harris for Mo and Teague. NO EXCUSES SUND.

I think you are right "theoretically" GT...but realistically we have proven over the years that we are one of the worst teams at actually getting value out of mid to late 1st round picks (Smoove being the exception). So I personally wouldn't have a problem with giving up a 1st round pick that we would likely screw up anyway for a guy who would have immediate value to the team.

I think you are right "theoretically" GT...but realistically we have proven over the years that we are one of the worst teams at actually getting value out of mid to late 1st round picks (Smoove being the exception). So I personally wouldn't have a problem with giving up a 1st round pick that we would likely screw up anyway for a guy who would have immediate value to the team.

Understood. But I am looking at it from a "good" deal perspective. I understand we don't have the "Spurs tenacity" of finding a Manu or TP9 with the pick but Wiz would be fleecing us with a Bibby/JC2 or Teague/1st rounder for Hinrich even though I think Hinrich would be good for this team. The Sessions trade looks better IMO.

Edited by GameTime

if it's the 2011 pick then who cares? It's going to be in the 20s of a weak draft and we already have two 2nd rounders. The team is likely to sell the pick regardless or trade back rather than pay a guaranteed mil to youngster that won't see the court much.

Edited by CrawfulToCrawesome

Hard for me to get over the fact that Hinrich is already 30 years old...

Granted Hinrich wouldn't be our "PG of the Future", but I think we all need to get away from that kind of thinking anyway. That was the old BK approach and it is outdated IMO. In today's game the longterm future is about three years.

orl bout to get randolph!...we suck

The Grizzlies are talking to a number of teams, with several players on their roster potentially in the mix. The three Griz names we're hearing the most are O.J. Mayo, Hasheem Thabeet and, to a lesser extent, Zach Randolph. But with Memphis poised to overtake the now-depleted Nuggets (and possibly the Jazz) as the seventh or eighth seed in the West, it may now be hesitant to make a deal.

One interesting tidbit from a source in Memphis: Last week Sam Smith of Bulls.com floated a potential Randolph-to-Magic deal. While it's unclear if it was actually proposed, I was told that, internally, the Grizzlies have discussed sending Randolph to Orlando for Brandon Bass and Jason Richardson. The thinking in Memphis is that the deal would keep the Grizzlies competitive this season while also giving them a young power forward for the future. Randolph is an unrestricted free agent this summer and it isn't clear if the Grizzlies can afford to keep him, while Bass is due $4 million next season and has a $4 million player option in 2012-13.

If the Grizzlies or Magic make the offer -- still a big if at this point -- would the Magic bite? Smith's report cited Magic interest, but from what I can gather, Orlando has never made an offer. Randolph would give the Magic a great low-post scorer, but losing Richardson would be a big blow. With the Nets likely to waive Troy Murphy, perhaps Murphy is a cheaper and less risky long-term option for Orlando.

They want too much, if they want a 1st, take Marvin. A young player, lol. Like who? Not trading JC2. They want Teague, we aren't trading a 1st or a 2nd.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

They want too much, if they want a 1st, take Marvin. A young player, lol. Like who? Not trading JC2. They want Teague, we aren't trading a 1st or a 2nd.

I guess I'm just looking at it differently than you supe...I don't see much value in our 1st round pick next year, nor do I see much value in Teague or JC2.

Teague and JC2 were both "gambles" and I've seen enough now to be comfortable that they aren't going to pay off. No big deal. Teague was the 6th PG taken in the draft and once we didn't get Lawson I really didn't care. JC2 was a shot in the dark as a Craw replacement who hasn't panned out...keep him..trade him...I really don't care. Neither of them are getting any appreciable playing time anyway.

As far as Marvin, I would gladly include him in any trade scenario...but I wouldn't overdo it just to get rid of him and his contract. IMO Marvin is nowhere near an "impact player" nor will he ever be. He is also paid about twice what he is worth. Still, he plays decent defense, makes a shot here and there, and is fun to joke about in the chatroom when he clumsily falls down.

Marvin (IMO) is a backup SF making starting SF money (thanks to ASG)...I don't know how you are gonna trade that.

• Moderators

Anyone who wants the Wizards to add McGee if we add a first rounder needs to understand that McGee is worth WAY, WAY more than our first rounder. Adding him completely changes the deal because he is instantly the most valuable part of the deal.

Just eliminated McGee from conversation because we don't have the pieces to get him.

As for Hinrich, I don't mind Teague or JC2 along with second round picks or if we give them our first for their second round pick.

According to DA the Wizards are not interested in Marvin and want us to give them Bibby plus a young player (Teague or JC2) PLUS a 1st and that's too much to give up for a 30 year old PG.

If nothing else goes down, we'll have to bite on that unless you don't mind a 1rst round exit with the 8th highest payroll in the league.

If nothing else goes down, we'll have to bite on that unless you don't mind a 1rst round exit with the 8th highest payroll in the league.

No we don't have to bite on that. Adding Hinrich in a deal that will leave us once again with only 1 PG won't do much if anything to alter the outcome of our season.