• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

None of the rumored players are going to save this team.

Plainview1981

It's this franchises destiny to be inept. They've been inept since they moved to Atlanta, and that will continue for the near future. They're trapped in the worst contract in the league (JJ) and terrible contacts that ZaZa, Bibby, Marvin and Josh all have. And don't say Josh isn't overpaid. Stat players who don't make their team better and have no heart are NOT worth 10 million per year plus. The only keep able player on this team is Al and he's the 3rd or 4th wheel on a great team.

This team is the worst team I've ever seen that somehow has a decent record. But that's going to change.... The east being terrible is the only reason this team is going to make the playoffs. If they were in the west, they would finish the season under .500. This team is unwatchable, uncoachable, heartless and careless. They have no pride and no desire and this roster is the biggest showcase of what is wrong with the modern NBA. Dirtbag money grabbing players with no worth ethic and no desire to be successful. This team deserves MORE beat downs like what they suffered tonight against LA and what they suffered at the hands of Philly and New Orleans. The players on this team only deserve bad things to happen to them.

Obviously ownership is to blame for not improving the team. HOWEVER, that doesn't excuse all of these blowouts. It's strictly a lack of competitive desire. Look at all the injuries Portland has suffered... Yet, they still play hard and are above .500. This team can't muster up decent efforts no matter if they're healthy or not.

To the players and ownership.

You're losers... The city of Atlanta laughs at you and wishes you would all go. By this time next year, you will be lucky if you average 5,000 fans if you continue to throw this heartless and waste of skin out there.

Ownership...

You made a huge mistake when you drafted Marvin Williams... And you nearly made just as big of a mistake when you re-signed Joe Johnson to the worst contract in the NBA. What did you get? You got a player with no heart and shoots 38-40% from the field and plays no defense and brings NO LEADERSHIP to the table. The idea of leader by example (on the court) is a truly laughable idea. Leaders speak and get the best out of their teammates. Joe inspires nobody else to play better and he hasn't done so since he has been in Atlanta. The players might SAY otherwise, but actions speak louder than words. And the actions of this team show them to be nothing more than uninspired, overpaid jack******.

They say you get what you pay for.... The players on this team proved that saying to be a load of crap.

• Like 3

Haha. Hotlanta is the Eeyore of this board, that's for sure. :tongue:

LOL Seano...you got that right !!

The thing is.... a quality athletic pg CAN change the team...OVER NIGHT. Get a quality pg and also pitch a chucker (Craw) and you could see a world of improvement immediately.

I wish we could have traded Craw at the height of his value last year...but he still has to be worth something decent as offense from the bench and (especially) an expiring contract. :kickcan:

Edited by DJlaysitup

LOL Seano...you got that right !!

The thing is.... a quality athletic pg CAN change the team...OVER NIGHT. Get a quality pg and also pitch a chucker (Craw) and you could see a world of improvement immediately.

I wish we could have traded Craw at the height of his value last year...but he still has to be worth something decent as offense from the bench and (especially) an expiring contract. :kickcan:

There is no PG that the Hawks can get that will help this team in a big way. No, not even Harris. If Harris was that good, NJ would be better. He's had one really good year his entire career and that was two years ago. The problem is the lack of heart in the overall roster. That's the problem.

Harris is a POOR shooter and only an average passer. Sure, he's an upgrade... But not enough to change the fate of the franchise.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Here is what Joe had to say after tonight's game:

"Joe Johnson: "We didn't have that fire, that competitive nature. It's frustrating. I don't know what to do." "

Yeah, some leadership. Great job JJ.... How about not hogging up all of the Hawks cap space?

Oh wait... It's too late for that.

That quote does rub me the wrong way, I will admit, and I'm a JJ supporter. He is supposed to be our leader, our backbone, our captain....and he's saying "I don't know what to do?" Well, the first thing to do is not give quotes like that.... He's, more or less, waving the white flag in our faces.

• Premium Member

HOF post!

Refreshing to read truth vs some watered down PC bs.

Save this one to a txt file; Something tells me you'll need it for the playoffs.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

This team really isn't going nowhere. Too many empty players on this team and no true leader. Al's a leader but in order to work, he needs to be the superstar, he just can't be that player with our given personnel. Jamal is tanking till the 25th. Marvin needs to go for contractual purposes and we have too many holes. You guys are acting like PG is everything. It's an issue but this team has too many issues to count. In the off-season, trade Smith, Zaza, and Marvin if we can't offload him now to Phx. They could really use Josh and would keep the ball out of his hands unless it's setting him up for the score.

:thumbsdownsmileyanim:

I, the eternal optimist, or so we're told, agree with this post.

I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired about this team. They have no heart left. No desire. The only player I don't want

them to even think about trading is Al Horford. Release all the rest and sign D Leagers to surround AH. At best, they

want to play. They prove that by being D Leagers. If they didn't want to play, they wouldn't be there.

I'd rather have AH and the all star team from the D League than these clowns.

:cant believe: Hotlanta makes too much sense. I can't believe I said that. But, it's true.

GO HAWKS! YOU'RE PERFECT, JUST THE WAY YOU ARE!!

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

• Like 2

• Premium Member

What's even sadder to me is that I don't think Gearon will let Sund pull the trigger by the deadline tomorrow. That means we're stuck with this terribly flawed roster that has no shot of doing anything and an idiotic cheap as crap ownership that cries about lack of fans when they do NOTHING to better the team.

Its moments like these I really wish I was born in a different state just for sports reasons. I root for everything from the state of Georgia, thick and thin, and all I have for show for it is laughter from friends for rooting for Atlanta teams and one world title TOTAL in four major sports ever. EVER. It boggles the mind how one city can never win anything in four different sports.

• Like 3

It's this franchises destiny to be inept. They've been inept since they moved to Atlanta, and that will continue for the near future. They're trapped in the worst contract in the league (JJ) and terrible contacts that ZaZa, Bibby, Marvin and Josh all have. And don't say Josh isn't overpaid. Stat players who don't make their team better and have no heart are NOT worth 10 million per year plus. The only keep able player on this team is Al and he's the 3rd or 4th wheel on a great team.

This team is the worst team I've ever seen that somehow has a decent record. But that's going to change.... The east being terrible is the only reason this team is going to make the playoffs. If they were in the west, they would finish the season under .500. This team is unwatchable, uncoachable, heartless and careless. They have no pride and no desire and this roster is the biggest showcase of what is wrong with the modern NBA. Dirtbag money grabbing players with no worth ethic and no desire to be successful. This team deserves MORE beat downs like what they suffered tonight against LA and what they suffered at the hands of Philly and New Orleans. The players on this team only deserve bad things to happen to them.

Obviously ownership is to blame for not improving the team. HOWEVER, that doesn't excuse all of these blowouts. It's strictly a lack of competitive desire. Look at all the injuries Portland has suffered... Yet, they still play hard and are above .500. This team can't muster up decent efforts no matter if they're healthy or not.

To the players and ownership.

You're losers... The city of Atlanta laughs at you and wishes you would all go. By this time next year, you will be lucky if you average 5,000 fans if you continue to throw this heartless and waste of skin out there.

Ownership...

You made a huge mistake when you drafted Marvin Williams... And you nearly made just as big of a mistake when you re-signed Joe Johnson to the worst contract in the NBA. What did you get? You got a player with no heart and shoots 38-40% from the field and plays no defense and brings NO LEADERSHIP to the table. The idea of leader by example (on the court) is a truly laughable idea. Leaders speak and get the best out of their teammates. Joe inspires nobody else to play better and he hasn't done so since he has been in Atlanta. The players might SAY otherwise, but actions speak louder than words. And the actions of this team show them to be nothing more than uninspired, overpaid jack******.

They say you get what you pay for.... The players on this team proved that saying to be a load of crap.

:worshippy:

What's even sadder to me is that I don't think Gearon will let Sund pull the trigger by the deadline tomorrow. That means we're stuck with this terribly flawed roster that has no shot of doing anything and an idiotic cheap as crap ownership that cries about lack of fans when they do NOTHING to better the team.

Its moments like these I really wish I was born in a different state just for sports reasons. I root for everything from the state of Georgia, thick and thin, and all I have for show for it is laughter from friends for rooting for Atlanta teams and one world title TOTAL in four major sports ever. EVER. It boggles the mind how one city can never win anything in four different sports.

As a cartoon character says, "I resemble that remark."

:brick wall: