• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The needs that we filled, and the needs that remained

niremetal

This post made me feel a lot better. And we should also remember that the last time the Hawks traded for a new Point Guard (Bibby) was when things finally changed and Hawks went to the playoffs for the first time.I think a change is what this team needs because they have become to accustomed to seeing the same faces and having the same standards set day in and day out. It's time for a new beginning and hopefully trading Bibby for Hinrich helps us make that leap towards the right direction.

I disagree with the ball stopping culprits being jj and jamal .

This entire team stops the all because its a one screen team . The key to any motion offense is the energy level of the bigs . They have to constantly be screening and moving but if you watch you will see the primary screen get set and then its either stand around and watch or call for the ball..

If you dont believe me watch the Bulls and Celts games tonight and watch the level of energy that KG and Noah etc use on offense that doesnt involve them getting the ball. They set screens and move and thats where Rondo and Rose pick up quite a few easy assists .

I think Al and Smoove simply are reluctant to pick up ticky tack fouls screening and have to come out of the game with the 2 foul rule .

This isnt 2 players stopping the ball its a entire teams mentality that is stopping the ball.

• Premium Member

This entire team stops the all because its a one screen team . The key to any motion offense is the energy level of the bigs . They have to constantly be screening and moving but if you watch you will see the primary screen get set and then its either stand around and watch or call for the ball..

If you dont believe me watch the Bulls and Celts games tonight and watch the level of energy that KG and Noah etc use on offense that doesnt involve them getting the ball. They set screens and move and thats where Rondo and Rose pick up quite a few easy assists .

I think Al and Smoove simply are reluctant to pick up ticky tack fouls screening and have to come out of the game with the 2 foul rule .

This isnt 2 players stopping the ball its a entire teams mentality that is stopping the ball.

I definitely can't disagree with that. I think that JJ and Jamal are the most frequent culprits simply because they were tasked with initiating the offense the most, but the frontcourt is not blameless either. Like I said, post-ups are just ISOs by another name - it's going 1-on-1 with no expectation of ball movement or off-ball movement.

Edited by niremetal

I definitely can't disagree with that. I think that JJ and Jamal are the most frequent culprits simply because they were tasked with initiating the offense the most, but the frontcourt is not blameless either. Like I said, post-ups are just ISOs by another name - it's going 1-on-1 with no expectation of ball movement or off-ball movement.

I would slightly disagree about the post-ups. In a post-up game, with a true post threat, opens the offense more than a slasher going 1:4. I do agree that it is another form of 1:1 ball, but it's been shown to be more effective WHEN you have a guy that can get his shot.

But that is just a nit-pick on a very good post.

This entire team stops the ball because its a one screen team . The key to any motion offense is the energy level of the bigs . They have to constantly be screening and moving but if you watch you will see the primary screen get set and then its either stand around and watch or call for the ball..

Actually, Horford constantly sets screens.

You say watch the Bulls and Celtics for players moving without the ball. You know why they move without the ball so well ? Rose and Rondo dominate the ball and create shots for others.

Too bad we have not had one of those types of PGs.......At least Hinrich is a step in the right direction though.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Thanks nire. I can honestly say I appreciate and value posts by you, crawful and coachx the most. Its good to have reasonable and intelligent voices around here.

+1 on the original post...

Add me to the list of those that agree with this reasoned post! You stripped out the emotion and presented great insight.

We don't have a single player that get's to the FT line consistently. Not one in the top 40 of the NBA at getting to the line. Sessions and Harris are both in top 40. Kirk is nowhere to be found. He is a stop gap who is getting paid $9 million a year and cost you 2 1st round picks. Horrible.

We don't have a single player that get's to the FT line consistently. Not one in the top 40 of the NBA at getting to the line.

+1

essions and Harris are both in top 40. Kirk is nowhere to be found. He is a stop gap who is getting paid $9 million a year and cost you 2 1st round picks. Horrible.

-1 for unjustified anger.

The Hawks tried to get both Sessions and Harris but did not have the pieces to make it happen.

Crawford was the 27th pick in the draft. That is not worth much.

Our pick this year will be around 22-25 in an even weaker draft. Again there is no value there.

Heck, it took a unprotected lottery pick for the Cavs ship off Mo Williams......so it doesn't look like they were willing to take Teage / Mo for Sessions or even Teague / Mo / 1st for Sessions.

There is no way the Nets would deal us Harris given the results of what they actuall got in Deron Williams who is a top 10 player in this league.

Edited by coachx

Sessions and Harris are both in top 40. Kirk is nowhere to be found. He is a stop gap who is getting paid $9 million a year and cost you 2 1st round picks. Horrible.

Well you had nothing positive to say about Sessions either, so what exactly is it that you'd want? It seems your primary interest lies in complaining, no matter what we might or might not do.

Anyway, very good post Nire.

Well you had nothing positive to say about Sessions either, so what exactly is it that you'd want? It seems your primary interest lies in complaining, no matter what we might or might not do.

Anyway, very good post Nire.

Do you think I care about what you think about me? :thumbsdownsmileyanim: No I did not think much of Sessions, but I thought the world of Devin Harris, STUCKEY, and other PG's that get to the line. Did you ask me about my full thoughts before you jumped out there trying to criticize someone? Stop reading my posts. There is not a person on here who can bother me with there opinions I have stopped reading most of you guys post already, follow the lead dude.

• Premium Member

In my top 5, I'd definitely have something about how thin we are at the 3... Damien is a 2, not a 3, and we're going to be in trouble there if we can't find an alternative solution. And it seems like every player right now being bandied about as a buy-out possibility is something other than a 3... with the exception maybe of Kapono, who simply doesn't have any skill set worth having beyond his 3-point shot.