• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mike Bibby Buyout

cwill1410

Hey, if so, then I'd be all about bringing him back if that's do-able financially and if he wished to come back here. Bibbs would fill up that final open roster spot, and give us a shooter off the bench and provide a much more seasoned backup to Hinrich than Teague can currently provide.

Plus he could rest his old legs 30 days before being able to come back to us. I seriously doubt that they agree to buy him out though since we didn't include cash in the deal.

Just read this on ESPN. Not worth its own thread so I'll post here:

"The Wizards are stockpiling draft picks, as their owner explains in a thoughtful post about trading Kirk Hinrich. (Also, Mike Bibby can't wear number ten, which has been really important to him. Issue.)"

Oh No! What will Team Dime call themselves now? :Nail Biting:

Yeah, its pretty rare to see any buyout with more than a year left on a contract. Its even more rare for that to occur after a trade like this. As much as I would love to get Bibby back, this isn't likely to happen. Even if Bibby was bought out, would he want to return? He might be pissed at Sund and I don't blame him.

I wouldn't blame him either ... unless there was an under the table agreement where Bibby knew about this when the trade went down that he'd be bought out and would come back. Doubtful, but I suppose anything is possible.

Twitter isn't coming up but I'd be SHOCKED if Bibby got bought out with the lockout coming. Players don't get paid during a lockout but if he were bought out he wouldn't give any money back. Likewise if there was a salary rollback he wouldn't have to give any money back. It just doesn't make sense to buy out anyone with an extra year on their deal.

Ok. Twitter finally came up. It says that Bibby will ask for a buyout. THat doesn't mean anything. OF course he would love for the Wizards to pay him and he can go play on a playoff contender. The question is how many much of his 6.5 million dollar contract for next season he would be willing to give up in order to play in the playoffs this season.