• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hinrich Production Prediction for Rest of Season

Superiorblogman

Predict Hinrich's Production for Rest of Season 2010-11  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What type of numbers will Mr. Hinrich have the rest of the season with the Hawks? He has the same PER as the guy that got this problem started "Mr Bust" himself. Both have a 13.6 PER. Unfortunately, Hinrich cost even more than Marvin with a similar production rate, just another reason I think this is just a horrible trade. Moving on, let's see your prediction for the guy. I say he averages 10 pts and 5 assists a game with the Hawks for the rest of season in 30 minutes a night. What you say?

• Like 1

Hinrich is a 16/6 guy until he got moved to sg thanks to rose and wall

Now that he's back at pg, his per will shoot up and he'll be much much better than you are thinking

If you can't see the difference between him playing sg and pg, then why are you even bothering to 'analyze' the trade???

And, Horford is playing out of position and is an all-star. If you can't see that it is quite possible that people like yourself are looking at this the wrong way why are you even on a basketball site? I was always told if you can play you can play and I still believe that. Hinrich does not look like he has "it" anymore to me.

Edited by Superiorblogman

What type of numbers will Mr. Hinrich have the rest of the season with the Hawks? He has the same PER as the guy that got this problem started "Mr Bust" himself. Both have a 13.6 PER. Unfortunately, Hinrich cost even more than Marvin with a similar production rate, just another reason I think this is just a horrible trade. Moving on, let's see your prediction for the guy. I say he averages 10 pts and 5 assists a game with the Hawks for the rest of season in 30 minutes a night. What you say?

Seriously man, have you ever seen him play just the point. I've laid out every statistical reason why you are wrong on this. Take some time and see how it goes. Give him 5-10 games to adjust and then start grading him on what you see then.

And, Horford is playing out of position and is an all-star. If you can't see that it is quite possible that people like yourself are looking at this the wrong way why are you even on a basketball site? I was always told if you can play you can play and I still believe that. Hinrich does not look like he has "it" anymore to me.

Bad analogy

Bottom line is hinrich had 17 per when he was pg and had more than 2 more apg with only .5/game more tos, or 4:1 ratio incremental when playing pg over sg

Seriously man, have you ever seen him play just the point. I've laid out every statistical reason why you are wrong on this. Take some time and see how it goes. Give him 5-10 games to adjust and then start grading him on what you see then.

Hinrich is no young guy I have seen him play basketball since Kansas. Basketball is basketball. Joe Johnson ran the PG position and put up crazy numbers and a bad team. He plays SG and puts up really good numbers for a lot of years. Kirk plays combo guard for a couple of years and that is to blame for all of his decline? :thumbsdownsmileyanim: This thread was really dedicated to predicting his numbers not for you guys to try to continue and justify everything about this guy.

What does this have to do with Hinrich being a better PG than SG? Cmon son.

I voted 15pts and 7asst. I also think he will get us 1.5stl and 3.5reb. It will be improvement all the way across the board. Bibby shot a better % from 3pt but Hinrich will knock down plenty of those wide open 3pts that Bibby had. His defense at the position could make a world of difference. We won't have to worry about the Earl Boykins and Shawn Livingston's of the world having career nights against us.

I voted 15pts and 7asst. I also think he will get us 1.5stl and 3.5reb. It will be improvement all the way across the board. Bibby shot a better % from 3pt but Hinrich will knock down plenty of those wide open 3pts that Bibby had. His defense at the position could make a world of difference. We won't have to worry about the Earl Boykins and Shawn Livingston's of the world having career nights against us.

You speak the truth brotha :beer:

• Premium Member

I care far less about his box score stats than I care about the effect his presence has on his teammates. The other starters will have to help and chase opposing players around far less than they used to. Assuming he does that, takes care of the ball, and knocks down open shots when he gets them, I don't care what his stats are.

Edited by niremetal
  • Like 1

I care far less about his box score stats than I care about the effect his presence has on his teammates. The other starters will have to help and chase opposing players around far less than they used to. Assuming he does that and knocks down open shots when he gets them, I don't care what his stats are.

couldn't say it better i more looking forward to his defensive presence more than can he score

Nire, I agree with you. If he can run the "offense" (haven't seen much of that motion stuff lately), get guys the ball in positions where they can make plays, and play stellar D--all of which I totally expect--his stats become secondary. I hope to also see a more business-like approach from him...Bibby was too carefree for my tastes in that regard. Hinrich coming to work everyday with his hard hat, tenacity, and some floor leadership would do SO many wonders on a team that is sorely lacking in these departments.

However, I voted 12 points/6 assists. We still have ball-dominant guards in Joe and Jamal (who will play 25+ mins no matter how poorly he is playing it seems), so I expect his offensive numbers to not wow us and approach his career averages.

• Like 1

I think around 14 to 16 and 7 to 9. He will put up great fantasy numbers ..... problem is this is not fantasy. He will not make us a contender to deal with simply because we will still get crushed by most of the contenders stars ( offensively and defensively). I am just happy as hell the Pacers did not get Mayo, otherwise I would take them as a a serious threat to us this season.

I knew going in the ASG did not want to shed Crawfords expiring to better our team, so not trading Jamal for a player of substance did not surprise me. What does is the fact that after all the hype on trying to get a young PG like Harris, Brooks, Sessions et all, they all end up being traded to other teams and we end up with a older PG of the future. Hinrich is solid and will be solid for two more seasons at best, but after that we will be in scramble mode once again to stabilize our PG position.

It is now pretty apparent to me that it is not just us fans that overvalue our players, its the ASG as well. The ASG probably thought they could get Harris, Brooks, Sessions etc... with garbage contracts such as Marvin, Bibby, ZaZa et all and chances are pretty good other GMs went into shock or just died laughing that Sund would even call with such a asinine offer.

We got the best player we could considering what our dumbfounded cheap owners were willing to trade and now we can sit back and watch as NY passes us by just like Miami and Chicago have already done.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

We got the best player we could considering what our dumbfounded cheap owners were willing to trade and now we can sit back and watch as NY passes us by just like Miami and Chicago have already done.

THIS is the sad but undeniable truth. NY is an offensive juggernaut, but their defense is soft. I still think it could be a slugfest between the Hawks and the Knicks.

I think around 14 to 16 and 7 to 9. He will put up great fantasy numbers ..... problem is this is not fantasy. He will not make us a contender to deal with simply because we will still get crushed by most of the contenders stars ( offensively and defensively). I am just happy as hell the Pacers did not get Mayo, otherwise I would take them as a a serious threat to us this season.

I knew going in the ASG did not want to shed Crawfords expiring to better our team, so not trading Jamal for a player of substance did not surprise me. What does is the fact that after all the hype on trying to get a young PG like Harris, Brooks, Sessions et all, they all end up being traded to other teams and we end up with a older PG of the future. Hinrich is solid and will be solid for two more seasons at best, but after that we will be in scramble mode once again to stabilize our PG position.

It is now pretty apparent to me that it is not just us fans that overvalue our players, its the ASG as well. The ASG probably thought they could get Harris, Brooks, Sessions etc... with garbage contracts such as Marvin, Bibby, ZaZa et all and chances are pretty good other GMs went into shock or just died laughing that Sund would even call with such a asinine offer.

Good post. :thumbsupsmileyanim: