• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Prediction...

Diesel

• Moderators

Just throwing this out for discussion. What's another example of a player like Craw playing a major role on a contending team? I've become so frustrated with his total lack of effort on defense that I just don't see how we can survive in playoffs with him playing 30+ minutes. We aren't going to outscore anyone in the playoffs.

I can't think of a contender that gave so many minutes to a guy that dominates the ball and plays no d. I can see him getting playing time just not the amount he's getting now.

Just throwing this out for discussion. What's another example of a player like Craw playing a major role on a contending team? I've become so frustrated with his total lack of effort on defense that I just don't see how we can survive in playoffs with him playing 30+ minutes. We aren't going to outscore anyone in the playoffs.

I can't think of a contender that gave so many minutes to a guy that dominates the ball and plays no d. I can see him getting playing time just not the amount he's getting now.

Dirk

• Like 2

Are you guys serious with those comparisons...?

Dirk ... Yes, he's about as one dimensional as it gets, but people still can't stop that shot of his.

Boozer is much more of an offensive threat than Jamal. He can shoot the midrange shot consistently and play the pick n' roll/pick n' pop game all day.

'Melo... really? Dude is one of the best scorers in the league. Completely different league than a streak shooter like Jamal.

Bosh... well I'll give you that one. He's so overrated it's ridiculous.

Edited by WakaFlocka
  • Like 2

Dirk ... Yes, he's about as one dimensional as it gets, but people still can't stop that shot of his.

Boozer is much more of an offensive threat than Jamal. He can shoot the midrange shot consistently and play the pick n' roll/pick n' pop game all day.

'Melo... really? Dude is one of the best scorers in the league. Completely different league than a streak shooter like Jamal.

I'm not saying Craw's offensive chops are the same as those guys. You asked if there was another playoff team that relied so heavily on a no defense/offense only player, or at least that's how I took it. Whether we admit it or not, Crawford is relied upon greatly to generate offense.

• Moderators

I'm not saying Craw's offensive chops are the same as those guys. You asked if there was another playoff team that relied so heavily on a no defense/offense only player, or at least that's how I took it. Whether we admit it or not, Crawford is relied upon greatly to generate offense.

Those are good answers but I do think there is a difference. Dirk and Melo are big time all stars in this league. But I think the interesting thing in your list is none of those guys have really contended right? I know Dirk has been to the finals but again I think he's in a whole different league. The other guys are on contenders now but it remains to be seen what happens to them in the playoffs.

How about this. Name a player on a championship team from the last 10 years that provided nothing on defense and about the equivalent on offense as Craw that played 30+ minutes a game.

(disclaimer: i'm not trying to hate on him. I know what he can do to win games. but i do think he's not bringing the effort lately)

The more telling question would have been is there a contender that relies on such a inefficient offensive player? Crawford is like Iverson minus the free throws ( which is why he cannot avg 25 or more a game ) and defense. Which means he is almost useless as a starter except for when he is on a hot streak. He is a good sixth man but not anywhere near the offensive dynamos listed above.

• Premium Member

How about this. Name a player on a championship team from the last 10 years that provided nothing on defense and about the equivalent on offense as Craw that played 30+ minutes a game.

(disclaimer: i'm not trying to hate on him. I know what he can do to win games. but i do think he's not bringing the effort lately)

Sure you're hating on Crawford. I mean look at the tiny box that you have put this in.... Championship teams over the last ten years...

That's the Spurs, Pistons, Lakers, Celtics, and Heat. Now we are talking about 1/6 of the league. Then you know that the Celts, Spurs, and Pistons were defense. So we have the Lakers and Heat. When I say Shaq, what will you say... Oh, that's different.. Blah blah blah.. copy your answer for Dirk. Blah blah blah...

If you open it up to contenders and I said Hedo.. Oh that's different.. Blah blah blah.. copy your answer for Dirk..blah blah blah.. they didn't win anyway.

When I say NJ was more than Kidd and Kmart. But they had Jefferson too.. You will say.. Oh, that's different... Blah blah blah.. copy your answer for Dirk... Blah blah blah...

So you see, this is nothing but Crawford Hate.

• Moderators

Sure you're hating on Crawford. I mean look at the tiny box that you have put this in.... Championship teams over the last ten years...

That's the Spurs, Pistons, Lakers, Celtics, and Heat. Now we are talking about 1/6 of the league. Then you know that the Celts, Spurs, and Pistons were defense. So we have the Lakers and Heat. When I say Shaq, what will you say... Oh, that's different.. Blah blah blah.. copy your answer for Dirk. Blah blah blah...

If you open it up to contenders and I said Hedo.. Oh that's different.. Blah blah blah.. copy your answer for Dirk..blah blah blah.. they didn't win anyway.

When I say NJ was more than Kidd and Kmart. But they had Jefferson too.. You will say.. Oh, that's different... Blah blah blah.. copy your answer for Dirk... Blah blah blah...

So you see, this is nothing but Crawford Hate.

I disagree completely and don't really see why its so hard to come up with an answer. I only tried to put the 'tiny box' to make it simplier. Holding up Bosh as an example is bunk since he's done crap in his career and is only on a contender because he signed on with two hall of famers. It also remains to be seen if they can get anywhere in the playoffs.

Notice every player you mention who is a scorer and poor defender is a perenial all-star, mvp, or a hall of famer. I'm just curious where a player like Jamal fits. Hedo is a fair comparison. But I feel like you've made the point that if you can't defend and you're going to play a key role on a great team you better be a dominant offensive force. Jamal is that sometimes but unfortunately not lately. We'll see what he can bring in crunch time.