• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hallelujah!

macdaddy

I want owners who hires a real basketball man and lets that person pick his players and HIS COACH. Actually I dont want owners, Id rather have an owner. Id rather not wait for 3 parties in 3 different cities have to come to an agreement to change a light bulb at Phillips or take each other to court over and over.

Edited by NJHAWK

I hope the Thrashers stay here in Atlanta.......although they've fallen flat on their faces after such a promising start earlier this season.

I agree. It would be nice to have all 4 major sports here in town. The Thrashers need a scorer to help them, but until the ownership situation is resolved, they aren't adding any payroll.

• Moderators

Cousins was indeed the name that came to mind when they brought up the Gulch development.

I'm in the separate-owner camp, with the Hawks owner controlling the operating rights at Philips. That frees up the Thrashers to go to Winnipeg or Winder or West End, wherever, if they choose to go, without requiring another sale. I just like to see Joe Johnson and (someone like) Ilya Kovalchuk's salaries to come from separate pockets.

~lw3

Hard cap would not be bad if it was $75 to $80 million, but America's favorite past time does not have a hard cap and noone is complaining with the ridiculous salaries some of those guys get. Maybe they will try something like that after Albert get's $30 million a year. I actually think the Yankees are good for sports. Just because you have a high payroll does not mean you will win it all and it has been proven. I am with the players because how much they get paid is not the problem. Kinda like healthcare, I am all for making it illegal for them to reject people with pre-existing health problems but you can't make someone go to the hospital. I don't think anything should be mandatory other than things we can't change like death. Just suffer the consequences. Keep the luxury threshold. On the other hand, what if someone needs serious treatment and can't afford it. Apply that theory. You have to find a way to share the wealth which is what going over luxury does. I don't see what the owners are whining about other than they want more money but so does the players. Without the players they would not have anything to own the players better not go for a hard cap. They got it right.