• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Al Thornton released

GameTime

Now... Could they not have gotten him in the trade? :suicide:

"The additions of Rashard Lewis and Mo Evans combined with Josh Howard’s return from injury gave us a logjam at the small forward spot"

what!??? something isn't right about that

Edited by Bruin

Now... Could they not have gotten him in the trade? :suicide:

EXACTLY! I've been thinking - why the hell didn't we expand the trade to include Etan going to them and Thornton coming to us, seeing as though we were giving them both crawford and the pick. That would have made it much more fair.

• Premium Member

He is going to Golden State.

Brewer has narrowed his choices down to Boston/Miami and San Antonio

Well that sucks. I'm not ragging on Sund, but these are the type of pickups that we HAVE to make. Thornton would've pushed Marv for the starting SF position.

Thorton is possibly better than Marvin and would come cheaper. Brewer would add length. Just another reason why I can't really spend money on supporting the Hawks. They will never go both feet in when trying to take the next step or improve because it always comes back to money. People act like paying Hinrich $9 million next year is nothing when we were not going to pay Bibby and Jordan that put together, that $1 million extra we will spend paying Hinrich by himself could have been used to help get a FA that will deepen the bench. As someone stated a few days ago. I don't like this teams immediate future or down the line future.

Edited by Superiorblogman
  • Like 1

Thorton is possibly better than Marvin and would come cheaper. Brewer would add length. Just another reason why I can't really spend money on supporting the Hawks. They will never go both feet in when trying to take the next step or improve because it always comes back to money. People act like paying Hinrich $9 million next year is nothing when we were not going to pay Bibby and Jordan that put together, that $1 million extra we will spend paying Hinrich by himself could have been used to help get a FA that will deepen the bench. As someone stated a few days ago. I don't like this teams immediate future or down the line future.

hinrich is owed 8 million next year.