• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anyone doubting the Hinrich trade now?

thecampster

That's cool, but I am also sure Kirk Hinrich does not have what it takes to lead a team to the Eastern Conference Finals since we are basing things off of the past. My thoughts have a lot more facts to back them up than yours considering Kirk has had that chance many many times

What facts do you have ? I'm curious because you have done nothing, but blurted out half-formed ideas and off-the-wall opinions. Regardless of how you feel about Hinrich, he gives us a much better chance of leading us to the ECF than a player who will probably be in Europe in the next couple of years. Jeff Teague is horrible, and the sooner you come to grips with that fact I'm sure that your experience around here will be a little bit smoother.

What facts do you have ? I'm curious because you have done nothing, but blurted out half-formed ideas and off-the-wall opinions. Regardless of how you feel about Hinrich, he gives us a much better chance of leading us to the ECF than a player who will probably be in Europe in the next couple of years. Jeff Teague is horrible, and the sooner you come to grips with that fact I'm sure that your experience around here will be a little bit smoother.

You have lost it

There is no doubt that the Hawks are a changed team. The only change made was Hinrich for Bibby. It's not hard to figure. Hinrich isn't Deron or CP3, but he's showing what the Hawks can do with a quality starting PG (especially one that iniatiates the D). Wait till guys are trying to get by a hustling Hinrich and he leads them right into a waiting Smoove. BAM! Horford has the boards.

Got to say, one medium move (Hinrich) and I'm a happy Hawks fan.

Edited by tbhawksfan

There is no doubt that the Hawks are a changed team. The only change made was Hinrich for Bibby. It's not hard to figure. Hinrich isn't Deron or CP3, but he's showing what the Hawks can do with a quality starting PG (especially one that iniatiates the D). Wait till guys are trying to get by a hustling Hinrich and he leads them right into a waiting Smoove. BAM! Horford has the boards.

Got to say, one medium move (Hinrich) and I'm a happy Hawks fan.

Actually, not completely true. Just as important in my opinion is the subtraction of Mo Evans. I can't understand why Mo got so much burn. His team concept defense was almost as bad as Bibby's man defense. Mo drove players on this team nuts by being in the wrong spot on both ends of the floor. Being a long term Hawk, he had to be barked into the right spot way too often and was just as bad as Bibby fighting through screens. Clearing space for Wilkens to get time on the floor was nearly as important. If Damien can rediscover his just average offensive skills, this move does set us up for a run. New York only beat us on Guard and Bench Guard play their one win, Miami only gives us trouble when playing off screens (that is no longer a problem now).

Rondo is no longer a world beater with Kirk slowing him down. The only real match up issues left are Dwight Howard and our own injury situation.

That's cool, but I am also sure Kirk Hinrich does not have what it takes to lead a team to the Eastern Conference Finals since we are basing things off of the past. My thoughts have a lot more facts to back them up than yours considering Kirk has had that chance many many times

What are these facts you speak of? You bash the trade for Hinrich advocating we should have kept Bibby instead? What has Bibby done in the way of taking a team to the Conference Finals since he was still a guard that could drive the lane and had Vlade Divac and Chris Webber to pass to? What has Teague done to tell you he could do a better job of leading a team to the ECF? I think Teague can be an effective PG in the league either as a starter or backup, but to discredit Hinrich is hog-wash. We don't need more offense. We needed more defense and especially from the PG position. Bibby couldn't guard a refrigerator with a grand piano tied to it. Hinrich is an elite defender at the PG position. There are plenty of your precious "facts" to prove that. The team hasn't lost with Hinrich suiting up and the defense has been allowing a mere 80PPG with him playing. I'll give Teague some of that credit, but Hinrich has played the majority of the PG minutes in each of those 3 games. Coincidence? Kinda' doubt it.

• Premium Member

What are these facts you speak of? You bash the trade for Hinrich advocating we should have kept Bibby instead? What has Bibby done in the way of taking a team to the Conference Finals since he was still a guard that could drive the lane and had Vlade Divac and Chris Webber to pass to? What has Teague done to tell you he could do a better job of leading a team to the ECF? I think Teague can be an effective PG in the league either as a starter or backup, but to discredit Hinrich is hog-wash. We don't need more offense. We needed more defense and especially from the PG position. Bibby couldn't guard a refrigerator with a grand piano tied to it. Hinrich is an elite defender at the PG position. There are plenty of your precious "facts" to prove that. The team hasn't lost with Hinrich suiting up and the defense has been allowing a mere 80PPG with him playing. I'll give Teague some of that credit, but Hinrich has played the majority of the PG minutes in each of those 3 games. Coincidence? Kinda' doubt it.

Don't feed him.

• Like 1

Hold the shot stick down longer Lol. Its not as natural as bibbys shot in the game but once you get it down it's extremely effective.

Thanks for the advice. I'd been wondering the same thing myself. Kirk is dishing out the assists but shooting dreadfully since I did the trade. lol.

At first it was just a "lateral move". Now it's a lateral move "if it's about getting to the ECF." Next, it'll be a lateral move if it's about making it to the Finals. And then, it'll be a lateral move if it's about winning the Championship. 2 peat, 3 peat. And so on, and so on, and so on, and so on................................. lol! Give it up dude. This team is playing DEFENSE. What good is an occasional 3 ptr from Bibs, if your're giving it right back on the other end?

And a +1 for you sir...sorry I can't make it a +100. That's the point. Offense is for show, Defense is for Dough.

Hold the shot stick down longer Lol. Its not as natural as bibbys shot in the game but once you get it down it's extremely effective.

Yup, Bibby's was very quick and Kirk's you have to hold until it kind of "pops" out of his hands. Probably a bad way to describe it, but that's just what I thought. I feel like Kirk pretty much does everything better than Bibby in 2k, especially defense obviously.

Side note: Hilton Armstrong has a terrible rating, but he actually hasn't been too bad. I'm hitting a lot of mid-range jumpers with him haha.

This is still a lateral move if it's about getting to the Eastern Conference Finals. At best Kirk Hinrich will be our 4th best starter and battle Marvin for least effective starter. He is taking minutes away from your future PG and we are not going anywhere. His numbers are about the same as Teague's or worse since the trade.

facepalm_jim_76437.jpg

DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS

• Like 1