• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is it Captain Kirk?

Brotha2ThaNite

I grew up in Chicago and have watched Kirk for years and he definitely can defend. The difference between when he was with the Bulls and Wiz is that this Atlanta group is excited and ready to win. All those years on the Bulls he had to deal with lackluster effort from Ben Gordon, Luol Deng, etc. I think that not only are the Hawks excited defensively (and overall) to have Kirk, but I think being on a winning motivated team has excited Kirk as well.

• Like 1

Part if it is Kirk and part of it is getting rid of Bibby and Mo. Wilkins is now playing Mo's minutes and he is easily a better defender than Mo. Pretty much anyone would be a defensive improvement over Bibby.

Hinrich played hard for the Wizards even though they were a garbage team. That is just how he plays.

I am not normally into trade speculation but i posted Hinrich to the Hawks trades on our trade board and on a Wizards board a couple of months ago. It just seemed like a natural fit.

Edited by exodus

• Moderators

Part if it is Kirk and part of it is getting rid of Bibby and Mo. Wilkins is now playing Mo's minutes and he is easily a better defender than Mo. Pretty much anyone would be a defensive improvement over Bibby.

Hinrich played hard for the Wizards even though they were a garbage team. That is just how he plays.

I am not normally into trade speculation but i posted Hinrich to the Hawks trades on our trade board and on a Wizards board a couple of months ago. It just seemed like a natural fit.

I suspect some of it is a short-term boost in our focus and energy from guys being shopped and acquiring an upgrade in Kirk. Guys are probably a little more dialed in right now than they would be if this had been the team from the start of the season and we were a month in.

He is not that good defensively. Guys can get past him and have been. He will not be getting this praise with those poor stat lines when we lose. His statline for 32 minutes would have gotten Teague sent to the D League

• Like 1

His arrival has done two things that I've noticed.

1) we pressure more up the court and not allow teams into their sets without resistance.

2) we are crashing the boards more on both ends because Kirk can get back on defense and push the ball up court quickly.

They may be subtle changes but Drew is incorporating part of Woody's balls to the wall O boarding while having the personnel to stop transition points.

Not sure why we keep feeding the troll, but...

For the people that don't agree with him just put him on ignore from this page ... http://www.hawksquawk.net/community/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=members&area=ignoredusers

His arrival has done two things that I've noticed.

1) we pressure more up the court and not allow teams into their sets without resistance.

2) we are crashing the boards more on both ends because Kirk can get back on defense and push the ball up court quickly.

They may be subtle changes but Drew is incorporating part of Woody's balls to the wall O boarding while having the personnel to stop transition points.

No no it coincided with me posting his offensive playbook a week ago after that disgusting performance against the Suns and Lakers where we had 4 to 5 guys playing outside of the paint for the majority of the game. So all credit goes to me for forcing him to change his system! :dancer:

• Like 1