Hawks vs Thunder

Brokentree

Not to be negative but Im really seeing the difference between us and other teams on offense. Joe gets a screen and as soon as he gets around it he steps up for an open jumper, looks like a good shot because it was in flow and he was wide open, until you watch the Thunder. James Harden gets a screen and as soon as he gets around he continues his dribble as far to the rim as possible usually gettin a layup, a foul with his defender on their heels, or an offensive rebound by the roll guy following the ball. Joe= All-Star, Harden= Bench player but the two styles are what holds us back, we do not put any pressure on the opposing defense at all, we make it easy for them by settling for middle percentage jumpers instead of high percentage layups.

I wish for once our players would fight to score inside first before we take jumpers. Theres a reason 3 pointers are open more often than layups. because its the easy way out, establish toughness and put defenses on their heels, make them pick up fouls, then those 3's will be more disheartening

they have basically two guys who have it going and Durant and harden . Of course Durant is gonna get his but we need to make Harden give that ball up and start making some passes . can we force someone else besides Durant to make a jumpshot ?

It's frustrating how many chances the Hawks had tonight, but at the same time it's also kind of encouraging. Despite no Josh and Horford missing most of the first half, the game basically came down to a bad 3pt shooter (Westbrook) hitting a big shot. I haven't been much of an optimist this season, but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt until Josh gets back.

Hinrich is so overrated and I have been saying that. Teague looked good again tonight. He had 2 TO’s but Hinrich had some also. Hinrich could not guard Westbrook and could not guard Rose, Rose let him off the hook. This is what Hinrich would look like in a series against Rose or Rondo. He would get murdered like tonight. I also did not like him taking too many shots. Al did not get into a groove tonight and a big part was Jamal and Kirk dominated the ball too much. Foul trouble hurt but not as much as some will make it out to be.

• Admin

We are obviously watching a different game because Hinrich was solid on both ends while Teague once again struggled. Yes Westbrook got his but he is one of the strongest Pgs out there and Hinrich challenged him the whole time.

Hinrich is so overrated and I have been saying that. Teague looked good again tonight. He had 2 TO's but Hinrich had some also. Hinrich could not guard Westbrook and could not guard Rose, Rose let him off the hook. This is what Hinrich would look like in a series against Rose or Rondo. He would get murdered like tonight. I also did not like him taking too many shots. Al did not get into a groove tonight and a big part was Jamal and Kirk dominated the ball too much. Foul trouble hurt but not as much as some will make it out to be.

Teague played well but Westbrook had his way with him as well, just like Westbrook does against most players. I mean he did score a whopping 6 points above his season average tonight so yeah the defense on his was just horrible! And let's see Hinrich shot over 50% and had 21 points so obviously he took too many shots.

Hinrich is so overrated and I have been saying that. Teague looked good again tonight. He had 2 TO’s but Hinrich had some also. Hinrich could not guard Westbrook and could not guard Rose, Rose let him off the hook. This is what Hinrich would look like in a series against Rose or Rondo. He would get murdered like tonight. I also did not like him taking too many shots. Al did not get into a groove tonight and a big part was Jamal and Kirk dominated the ball too much. Foul trouble hurt but not as much as some will make it out to be.

Bad perimeter defense before the trade... Didn't look much better tonight. Too bad we can't have the 2007 KH. He was actually a good player then.

We got way more than enough out of our guards tonight, the problem was everyone in the front court sans Horford gave us very little offensive production and unfortunately Al gave us less than he probably would have if he hadn't been in foul trouble early.

• Like 1

We got way more than enough out of our guards tonight, the problem was everyone in the front court sans Horford gave us very little offensive production and unfortunately Al gave us less than he probably would have if he hadn't been in foul trouble early.

The lack of defensive effort in the 2nd half was typical of the Hawks defense. Wait and react to whatever the other team does. They reverted back.

It's really baffling how f***ing stupid you are.

• Like 2

This guys opinion is -300 in barely a week. No one cares for his trolling.

I wouldn't call for anyone to be banned, but if anyone deserves it he does. He's obviously just here to troll. I've ignored him, but unfortunately there's always going to be enough people that entertain his garbage to keep him around.

So we "reverted back" after one game? I dont buy that at all, this was just a bad game for us against a team that was on fire. You cant win them all, and mind you Josh Smith was out. We'll see how we do against the Knicks Sunday.

• Like 2

So we "reverted back" after one game? I dont buy that at all, this was just a bad game for us against a team that was on fire. You cant win them all, and mind you Josh Smith was out. We'll see how we do against the Knicks Sunday.

They've lost 5 out of 8 and 2 out of the last three and were down 20 against Chicago AT HOME. This team is only 18-10 at home. Really, I don't think there is even a homecourt advantage this year.

Yeah, they're not going to win them all. But they haven't been doing much winning at all lately.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 1