Kirk Hinrich was not a lateral move

NJHAWK

Its not because if we had kept Bibby we wouldnt have had to give up Jcraw 2 and a 1st round pick. Kind of sick watching Bibby bury the Lakers with clutch 3's last night. I know some of you went bananas saying Hinrich shut down Derrick Rose last time we played the Bulls. Well tonight was reality.

Edited by NJHAWK

Its not because if we had kept Bibby we wouldnt have had to give up Jcraw 2 and a 1st round pick. Kind of sick watching Bibby bury the Lakers with clutch 3's last night. I know some of you went bananas saying Hinrich shut down Derrick Rose last time we played the Bulls. Well tonight was reality.

Cmon man, it took Bibby what like 5, 6 games to finally show he still has a pulse. We know good and well Bibby will have his moments as he never lost the abilty to shoot the rock. It doesnt bother me at all because theHeat have the talent that can masks Bibby's weaknesses, we dont. He hurt us, they can hide him, its just the way it is

By no means am I calling him the scapegoat tho, because right now I would trade any of our guys for the "Kirk Hinrich" of their position. Its not about talent and potential, its about work ethic, desire and the will to win and Hinrich has that. He doesnt quit, he doesnt complain, he just keeps hustling whenever he is on the court and thats all u can ask for from a player, something we have been missing. I want Mario West back too btw

big props to Hinrich and Wilkins, the 2 hardest working guys we have. Its no coincidence they both are mid seadon additions, we seem to be after blue chippers lately.

Listening to Coach LD after the trade (and after Bibbs silily dissed the Hawks a bit on the way out) it was obvious that LD thought that the team had gotten too "comfortable" and was not paying attention to coaching. Bibbs seemed to be one of the prime culprits..but he may have been just a target of opportunity since he was at least tradeable.

I really think we have a nice, get along type team that takes it easy more times than not. We figured that bringing in Kirk would liven us up (and it did for a bit) but we still have 2 1/2 players who are simply doing their thing and cashing checks.

I personally have been in this situation - job-wise. I've been in a situation where there was a bunch of easy going, good for nothing, ride-the-train employees who were actually p!ssed at me becuase I worked a bit harder and tried to advance things. I was loved by my bosses but disrespected by co-"workers". They all wanted things to just go along easy and no need to rock the boat. They had their little spot in the corporation and they didn't want anybody making things different.

• Like 1

Rose shot 9-24 and got most of his FTs with Hinrich on the bench. Plus Rose has a good chance of being league MVP so there's not a lot of shame in getting beat by him a few times. Hinrich defends Rose as well as anyone in the league.

People blaming our struggles on the trade are crazy. Unless losing Bibby made our mentally fragile team crumble. Hinrich has been our most consistent player since the trade. We clearly missed Josh against OKC and Denver and the Hawks just don't have the personnel to beat a healthy Lakers team. The Knicks and Bulls games were simply poor efforts. Horford disappeared in both games. Games that could have been won if he played to his capabilities.

Edited by High5
  • Like 2

I'm surprised how well Kirk has been shooting the ball as a Hawk and he doesn't get that many good looks. He is good defender, anyone watching games shouldn't doubt it. Maybe some folks think that good defender wins every one on one situations and hence the confusion?

• Like 2

Rose shot 9-24 and got most of his FTs with Hinrich on the bench. Plus Rose has a good chance of being league MVP so there's not a lot of shame in getting beat by him a few times. Hinrich defends Rose as well as anyone in the league.

People blaming our struggles on the trade are crazy. Unless losing Bibby made our mentally fragile team crumble. Hinrich has been our most consistent player since the trade. We clearly missed Josh against OKC and Denver and the Hawks just don't have the personnel to beat a healthy Lakers team. The Knicks and Bulls games were simply poor efforts. Horford disappeared in both games. Games that could have been won if he played to his capabilities.

Bibby did two things well we need for Horford and other to succeed that Hinrich doesn't do. The PnR and get us into our sets. I have faith that the offense will pick up within a month but the PnR seems to be dead and gone w/o Bibby.

Bibby did two things well we need for Horford and other to succeed that Hinrich doesn't do. The PnR and get us into our sets. I have faith that the offense will pick up within a month but the PnR seems to be dead and gone w/o Bibby.

That's on the coaches. I'm sure Hinrich is more than capable of running a pick and roll game with Horford. And Horford had the best game of his career with Hinrich so I don't agree that Hinrich is some kind of hinderance. He just needs to be more assertive. He was doing it early against the Lakers. He was taking Bynum to school and then of course the Lakers length got to be too much, but Horford can do that against just about any other team. There's no excuse for him to be worked over the way he was against New York and Chicago.

That's on the coaches. I'm sure Hinrich is more than capable of running a pick and roll game with Horford. And Horford had the best game of his career with Hinrich so I don't agree that Hinrich is some kind of hinderance. He just needs to be more assertive. He was doing it early against the Lakers. He was taking Bynum to school and then of course the Lakers length got to be too much, but Horford can do that against just about any other team. There's no excuse for him to be worked over the way he was against New York and Chicago.

Horford is a very good player. We need the PnR for him can make him a great player. Put it this way. Hinrich is a solid passer out of the PnR. He can make a decent pass to the player out of the PnR. Bibby is a very good passer out of the PnR. He can create some space for the player which give him a easier shot. CP3 and Deron are elite passers out of the PnR. They can create easy looks and shots for the player. A very good player like Horford who is a PnR PF. Can be elite with an elite PnR PG. With a very good PnR PG, he's very good but not elite. With a solid PnR PG, he's not as good as he can be. Doesn't means he's not good but it does mean his production overall could take a hit. It's not an excuse, while Hinrich is better overall for the team, he's not better for Horford as Bibby was offensively speaking.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

this is ridilculous the first game Hinrich didnt shut anyone down .I said it then and Il say it again our team defense shut Rose and the Bulls down because everytime we drove someone rotated to take away the driving angles and then someone slid in on the weakside to take away the easy pass forcing him to make a bunch of cross court passes and then we REBOUNDED EVERYTHING.

What Hinrich does is allow us to implement a DEFENSIVE GAMEPLAN and he will expend the energy to do it what we saw last night is exactly what I said when Bibby was here . Al and Josh do not put forth the effort that is called for consistently for us to be a elite team offensively or defensively. Im not saying they dont try but the level upon which weve placed them is not one in which they can play consistently .

The day of the trade I said Hinrich would eventually expose Al and Joshs defense and its beginning to show .

Getting Hinrich was a good move but like all moves its dependent upon your core players holding firm at least or growing at best. Our bigs have gone from, having a Rodman and Buck williams swagger to a Okur and Boozers swagger and I dont think anyone couldve forseen that

I will be dead serious. If we can't trade Hinrich for Steve Nash or Hinrich in a package for Dwight Howard or another elite player, this could be one of the worst trades in Atlanta Hawks history. Not due to the fact of what Hinrich is but due to the fact that Hinrich doesn't make us that much better and our need to get value or our franchise is slighted for the foreseeable future.