We need this Starting lineup

ngc7

st---Teague,johnson, smith horford , pachulia

bench----hinrich crawford wilkins williams then whichever scrub big feels good.

we have energy in the first from teague and pac and our bench is much deeper.

if pac looks like crap early bring marvin or wilkins in early and move smith and horford to 4 and 5.

st---Teague,johnson, smith horford , pachulia

bench----hinrich crawford wilkins williams then whichever scrub big feels good.

we have energy in the first from teague and pac and our bench is much deeper.

if pac looks like crap early bring marvin or wilkins in early and move smith and horford to 4 and 5.

If Zaza comes back to playing like Zaza did 2 years ago I say give him the chance the start. He hasn't really been playing strong this season, he doesn't have the heart. Last night may have been one of his best games all year. Good to see him play with some hustle.

• Like 1

If Zaza comes back to playing like Zaza did 2 years ago I say give him the chance the start. He hasn't really been playing strong this season, he doesn't have the heart. Last night may have been one of his best games all year. Good to see him play with some hustle.

Right on. If both Teague and Zaza play with high levels of confidence, then yup that lineup looks pretty solid.

Zaza stands no chance against bigger centers with low post game which Camby has not. We need to adjust our frontcourt on per game basis like LD successfully did earlier in the season.

With Hinrich and Teague both starting you have solid quickness and defense at the guard position. Hinrich could easily switch if he had to. Kirk is a combo guard. Also when it comes to "running plays", having Kirk starting at the same time as Teague would help as well.

Bottom line for me is that Jeff has shown some hope with the amount of playing time he's gotten so far. I see no reason why we shouldn't start him.

I'm of the opinion that Hinrich's assets are wasted at the 2. Anyone else agree?

He's less affective sure, but on this team his defense would thrive and he could also take over the point if Teague was struggling.

I'm of the opinion that Hinrich's assets are wasted at the 2. Anyone else agree?

I do but I'm getting the suspicion that if Teague emerges as the starting 1 that Kirkland will replace Jamal entirely as the combo off the bench come next season.

It's worth a try depending on the match-up. We can try a lot of different rotations but I don't see any rotation getting us out of the first round.

• Premium Member

I do but I'm getting the suspicion that if Teague emerges as the starting 1 that Kirkland will replace Jamal entirely as the combo off the bench come next season.

Unless Marvin is moved, I think it's a given that the Hinrich trade was about replacing Jamal next year. I actually think that part of the deal is a smart play. Jamal will cost too much for the Hawks to keep.

Unless Marvin is moved, I think it's a given that the Hinrich trade was about replacing Jamal next year. I actually think that part of the deal is a smart play. Jamal will cost too much for the Hawks to keep.

Atlanta must keep Jamal.

This would be ideal. Having a real backup PG, who plays defense, who could run plays (should be much more familiar with our "system" and plays by then) and can score a little bit would, in my opinion >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> a Jamal Crawford that plays little D, tends to chuck, and can disrupt the offense by "getting his."

But eh, that's just me.

As for the topic at hand, Kirk's assets ARE wasted as a 2 guard. His D is very good, but not as good against other 2 guards. People must remember that he is only about 6' 4''...many SG's will be taller than that (although he does an excellent job staying with his man).

With all of our current personnel (from ownership to the players), if Teague can get the minutes AND produce like he did last night on a somewhat consistent basis, it will grant us increased flexibility in how we perform as a team AND give us options this offseason in regards to, hopefully, trading or casting off certain players.