• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

THANK YOU JOSH SMITH!

LastDon

He did the dirty work last night..He hit the boards hard, stayed around the basket offensively..contested shots swung the basket ball in the half court and picked up assists..When this guy brings his hard had and scrap like a power forward we are hard to beat..he did a nice job on Aldridge..Josh Smith is a big key to the hawks success we need his energy more so than scoring...

• Like 1

He did the dirty work last night..He hit the boards hard, stayed around the basket offensively..contested shots swung the basket ball in the half court and picked up assists..When this guy brings his hard had and scrap like a power forward we are hard to beat..he did a nice job on Aldridge..Josh Smith is a big key to the hawks success we need his energy more so than scoring...

The first and second half were two different stories for Josh Smith. He played fairly badly in the first half and fairly well in the second half. He is in love with that shot that is about a foot or two inside the 3pt line (he attempted and missed at least 4 that I remember) and he had something like 4 turnovers in the first half that had me cringing. Some of his best plays last night were his put backs off offensive boards and I thought he played well with Teague helping to create a few fast breaks. Dominique said something about Aldridge last night about how he stays within his game and works on what works for him (staying near the basket). I immediately wondered if he was comparing him to Josh in his head. Well anyway.. same old story. Tale of two Joshes.

Yeah we got to see Josh Smith "The Shot blocker" again. The one guards use to fear.

he still made some bone headed plays

Yes he did.............several unforced turnovers where the PG was begging for the ball.......as usual Smoove ignores them and turns the ball over. Take away his stupidity and he is an allstar.

I do not hold that technical foul against Smoove at all. When boxing out a blazer player shoved Smoove to the ground, with force, and there was no whistle. That is how fights start. You have to blow the whistle after a violent push down like that.

I figured people would always try to say something negative true. :resent:

Fixed !

Edited by coachx
  • Like 2

Yes he did.............several unforced turnovers where the PG was begging for the ball.......as usual Smoove ignores them and turns the ball over. Take away his stupidity and he is an allstar.

I do not hold that technical foul against Smoove at all. When boxing out a blazer player shoved Smoove to the ground, with force, and there was no whistle. That is how fights start. You have to blow the whistle after a violent push down like that.

Fixed !

And yet, people still pointing out the negative things instead of saying good things. :beathorse:

And people wonder about our fans time-to-time. :banghead:

• Like 1

Josh does not deserve "thanks" for playing half a decent game and half a stupid game.

Josh NEEDS to focus on his defense and forget about trying to be a playmaker. I don't

know how many times I have heard Nique say "again....that's where Josh needs to give

the ball to the guards and fill the lane". It's so ridiculous that he doesn't realize this

himself. You would think after all those turnovers, he would just stop it, but witness

Josh's 3 point shooting....he doesn't learn from mistakes. Josh better stay away from

Las Vegas because I guarantee he wouldn't get up from the table until his pockets are

empty.

The next time Josh plays a game they way a power forward is supposed to play, I will give

him THANKS.

• Like 4

Josh does not deserve "thanks" for playing half a decent game and half a stupid game.

Josh NEEDS to focus on his defense and forget about trying to be a playmaker. I don't

know how many times I have heard Nique say "again....that's where Josh needs to give

the ball to the guards and fill the lane". It's so ridiculous that he doesn't realize this

himself. You would think after all those turnovers, he would just stop it, but witness

Josh's 3 point shooting....he doesn't learn from mistakes. Josh better stay away from

Las Vegas because I guarantee he wouldn't get up from the table until his pockets are

empty.

The next time Josh plays a game they way a power forward is supposed to play, I will give

him THANKS.

Sorry Jack.......I mant to +1 you to balance out that -1 (since your post is valid) but hit the wrong button.

• Premium Member

He is in love with that shot that is about a foot or two inside the 3pt line (he attempted and missed at least 4 that I remember) and he had something like 4 turnovers in the first half that had me cringing.

...and I think we all need to examine this one sentence. Four shots that are pretty much throwaway possessions if we do not get the rebound. Given that they are likely long rebounds, it's pretty much going the other way. Then you've got four turnovers from unnecessary plays where he's trying to do too much. Talk about momentum killing and forehead slapping if a game gets close. This is why we need Josh Smith under control.

...and I think we all need to examine this one sentence. Four shots that are pretty much throwaway possessions if we do not get the rebound. Given that they are likely long rebounds, it's pretty much going the other way. Then you've got four turnovers from unnecessary plays where he's trying to do too much. Talk about momentum killing and forehead slapping if a game gets close. This is why we need Josh Smith under control.

That shot 1 foot inside the arc is as dumb as Josh is. Either take 1 step back and go for 3 or take a few steps in and shoot a 15-20 footer. I have no problem with Josh shooting an open in rythym jumper from the foul line in. It's when

he moves deeper than that and fades away with it, that his perc. drops way down.

but when was he under control? In his 2ndand 3rd year he was really horrible with the ball, he practiced post moves with Olojuwon and got better at it but he still likes to toss the ball away or pass the halfcort with it and get it stripped. Drew obviously has no control over him. I think Smith needs a psychiatrist :D