• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We need Joe Johnson tonight.

MVP23

Its games like this where players earn their money. Its one thing to show up against the Bucks with 7 people in the arena. The bright lights are on. This should be a sell out, on national TV on a Tuesday night with nothing else on. This is why we paid him. He needs to prove me wrong, and at least, at least show up. Keith Bogans can't guard Joe Johnson, if Joe Johnson tries. I'm expecting a big game from him....hope I'm right..

Edited by MVP23
  • Like 3

Joe's going to get doubled by Thibadeu because he knows that the hawks barely have any legitimate offensive guys other than Crawfish and Jo Jo. Don't expect him to score more than 18-20. We're going to need a big night from Horford and Smith on the offensive end, as well as needing them to get boxout and rebound on the defensive end. Hinrich is gonna have to keep rose in check which is more like, making him work hard for every shot he takes. If our guys do that, then we have a solid chance at winning.

Edited by Supporter

Joe's going to get doubled by Thibadeu because he knows that the hawks barely have any legitimate offensive guys other than Crawfish and Jo Jo. Don't expect him to score more than 18-20. We're going to need a big night from Horford and Smith on the offensive end, as well as needing them to get boxout and rebound on the defensive end. Hinrich is gonna have to keep rose in check which is more like, making him work hard for every shot he takes. If our guys do that, then we have a solid chance at winning.

Most teams double JJ by design that's no secret... not only they stop JJ, but they get the ball out of his hands and usually ball winds up with Smoove on the perimeter (what a coincidence)!? Opponents bet on that!

There's only one way to deal with it. JJ needs to be more aggressive and attack before he gets doubled. He can score, get to the line or find an open or cutting teammate... plus, Smoove has to hang on the weakside, looking for offensive rebounds, putt-backs and cutting opportunities!

• Like 2

Most teams double JJ by design that's no secret... not only they stop JJ, but they get the ball out of his hands and usually ball winds up with Smoove on the perimeter (what a coincidence)!? Opponents bet on that!

There's only one way to deal with it. JJ needs to be more aggressive and attack before he gets doubled. He can score, get to the line or find an open or cutting teammate... plus, Smoove has to hang on the weakside, looking for offensive rebounds, putt-backs and cutting opportunities!

You're speaking the truth, but how many games have you and I both watched where Joe just settles in being doubled team and either passes out to smoove or throws a turnover. It seems like almost every team recognizes this except the Hawks. Another solution other than what you mentioned is that Josh after getting the pass immediately goes into the paint and forces the defense to collapse and pass it out to the open shooter but Josh is too ignorant to do that.

You're speaking the truth, but how many games have you and I both watched where Joe just settles in being doubled team and either passes out to smoove or throws a turnover. It seems like almost every team recognizes this except the Hawks. Another solution other than what you mentioned is that Josh after getting the pass immediately goes into the paint and forces the defense to collapse and pass it out to the open shooter but Josh is too ignorant to do that.

I'll rather have Smoove on the weakside (near the paint)... we have capable shooters in Crawford, Hinrich and Marvin who can make open shots.

• Premium Member

JJ was the only guy that actually played well on both ends of the floor tonight. Not that little details like that ever stopped MVP23/benhillboy/mrhonline.

JJ was the only guy that actually played well on both ends of the floor tonight. Not that little details like that ever stopped MVP23/benhillboy/mrhonline.

Yep. Those 13 points really helped the cause tonight..