• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

11 free throws for Joe

arhawkfan

Joe had a terrible night shooting, but hit nearly every FT attempt. We got to the line A LOT. This needs to happen more in order for us to win games. Physical play = fouls called resulting in FT attempts. I was very surprised we made it to the line the amount of times that we did.

Can't really fault Joe tonight. He was fighting his way to the line, played aggressive and inspired D on Pierce despite foul trouble and plenty of the shots he got were great looks that he just missed wildly on. He took some questionable shots also off of offensive rebounds but there were also cases where he received a mismatch late into the shot clock so the best option was for him to go at it even despite his poor shooting night. Just an ugly gut it out win but if Joe was hitting just a fraction of the wide open looks that he got then this would of been a blowout.

That's what he needs to do, and what most stars do. If their shot is not falling, then drive to the basket and get to the FT line.

Exactly, he was actually brilliant tonight. His elbow is clearly hurting him as we have never seen him shoot this poorly in his career. I have a feeling he is going to get surgery again in the off-season..

• Premium Member

i felt bad for Joe tonight. You can tell by his body language and his face during timeouts that he was clearly frustrated with himself. I hope he puts his act together for the playoffs because we really need him.

No doubt......

If he could do this much more often I would have no problem with the guy, or at least very little. I just want him to understand how far-reaching the positive effects are from getting to the line, and do it consistently. That's why guys like Kobe, Durant, and Dwayne could care less about their shooting percentage in a single game when they can score a third of their average without defenders and the clock off by simply forcing the issue. If Joe shot his average number of attempts, 3 or 4, we lose against the Celtics, point blank. I'm sure if you had a sample high enough of Joe shooting 8-10 free throws, there wouldn't be many team losses in that breakdown.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

If he could do this much more often I would have no problem with the guy, or at least very little. I just want him to understand how far-reaching the positive effects are from getting to the line, and do it consistently. That's why guys like Kobe, Durant, and Dwayne could care less about their shooting percentage in a single game when they can score a third of their average without defenders and the clock off by simply forcing the issue. If Joe shot his average number of attempts, 3 or 4, we lose against the Celtics, point blank. I'm sure if you had a sample high enough of Joe shooting 8-10 free throws, there wouldn't be many team losses in that breakdown.

Good post. I think the biggest factor between Joe and Kobe, Durant, Wade etc. is that he is so much stronger than those guys and plays right through the contact that refs are reluctant to blow the whistle. Lebron is the other player with that size and capability but he is somewhat protected by the league and gets the calls. If you touch his headband, you get a foul. My advice for Joe to just keep driving. The only SGs that average more shots at the rim that Joe are Ellis, Wade, Gordon, Derozan, and S.Jackson. He just needs to keep posting up and keep driving.

• Like 1

what was with the green headbands? I missed that.

NBA Green week. Their attempt at increasing awareness for creating "green" solutions for the environment. Teams used to actually have green jerseys, guess they just settled on head and wrist bands to go along with the shoes.