• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Holy Cow

DJlaysitup

Josh Smith went 8 for 15 on fg attempts...5 for 7 on free throws...got 8 (yes EIGHT) assists, one block and one turnover. 21-10-8. Nearly a triple double.

But jump on in H8ters...I'm confident that you-all can figure a way to pin this loss on Smoove's "attitude" or lack of team play. :angry:

:banghead:

• Like 1

Yea Smoove was pb the boards like a mad man. I just wish he didn't settle for 7 outside shots ib the 1st half. He could have gotten whatever he wanted inside against Scola tonight. He played a very good all-around game.

Josh Smith went 8 for 15 on fg attempts...5 for 7 on free throws...got 8 (yes EIGHT) assists, one block and one turnover. 21-10-8. Nearly a triple double.

But jump on in H8ters...I'm confident that you-all can figure a way to pin this loss on Smoove's "attitude" or lack of team play. :angry:

Hiccup! Pour another stiff one DJ. Hiccup!

Chuck Hayes was the difference..let him get Wayyy over his average in points and rebounds for the second straight game..maybe Etan could have slowed him down..Pachulia had a very bad stretch in the third that hurt as well..

Zaza did have a bad stretch in the third where he gave them a couple easy and 1's, but one was because he was the only player who bothered to put any hustle in. Somebody needs to teach Zaza how to get better position on switches and fast break defense.

Josh's first half shot selection was poor, but beyond that, he played well. I just wish he would stop shooting 23-foot two pointers. If he is going to stand at the three point line, stand behind it, not on it.

And can I ask why you made a thread asking for the haters to bring hate when nobody was hating yet...?

There was no point mayne!

Again I say, just look at the body of work from Feb 1st through tonight. Josh is not the problem.

I have looked at that body of work and more and I say he is A problem. Not the problem. That's what the Josh apologists don't seem to realize. It's like he's related to some of you guys here and you just have to stand up for him out of some fraternal honor. Gimme a break. I've tried to stand up for the rationality behind why myself and many others are frustrated with Josh. But as soon as he has another nice stat line the apologists highlight those stats and forget that there is a lot more to a win or a loss than one guy's stats. Outside of Josh's anus is a true picture that has a lot of his feces on it.

Josh played pretty well but I think he could sat in the post more and drove and maybe had more FTs and got their guys in foul trouble. His stats are nice tonight. Would be nice if Al could play in the post, but he just doesn't have any post moves. I think most people want to put Josh in a position to draw fouls and get their bigs in foul trouble early so they can't establish a rhythm. That's my hope at least.

I love threads about induvidual player stats after the team LOSES!!!

• Like 1

• Premium Member

The preemptive "defend Josh against unfair attacks" threads appear about as often as the "criticize Josh" threads on here these days. That should tell you something about the (lack of) need for the former.

I can live with a loss like this. We had this one in hand most of the game, but let it slip away on the road. Tough, but a well fought game.

Josh may have had a good game statistically, but he still has no business around the perimeter.

Edited by Boss

I'm really getting tired of people talking poorly about Smoove. He def needs an attitude adjustment but has proven he is arguably one of the best players in the eastern conference. It's time people give him some respect for his defense. Its phenomanal and he made a huge block down the strech last night despite the loss.

Do you know why Josh gets crapped on so much and not Al or Joe...because when Joe and Al have bad, horrible or subpar games it is still within the confines of the offense or defense. They all miss open shots, have turnovers, miss assingments on D, not block out on a rebound - but they don't play out of character and do things they shouldn't be doing.

• Moderators

Do you know why Josh gets crapped on so much and not Al or Joe...because when Joe and Al have bad, horrible or subpar games it is still within the confines of the offense or defense. They all miss open shots, have turnovers, miss assingments on D, not block out on a rebound - but they don't play out of character and do things they shouldn't be doing.

This is debateable. Its based on this board's believe that Josh should never shoot a jumper, never dribble the ball, never do anything but stand near the basket and go for rebounds. But this isn't reality.

But even if you accept what you're saying about Josh I'd contend that Joe stands there with the ball too long, dribbles too long, tries to split double teams and turns the ball over all in direct contridiction to what the offense is supposed to be doing. Its 'in character' for Joe because that's what he's always done but its certainly not what he should be doing as evidenced by the fact that for the most part it has quit working for him.

• Like 1

This is debateable. Its based on this board's believe that Josh should never shoot a jumper, never dribble the ball, never do anything but stand near the basket and go for rebounds. But this isn't reality.

But even if you accept what you're saying about Josh I'd contend that Joe stands there with the ball too long, dribbles too long, tries to split double teams and turns the ball over all in direct contridiction to what the offense is supposed to be doing. Its 'in character' for Joe because that's what he's always done but its certainly not what he should be doing as evidenced by the fact that for the most part it has quit working for him.

It's not that Josh should "never" shoot a jumper or dribble the ball it's all about time, distance and circumstance. We've all seen it too many times - you know the type of specific plays.

I don't think it's just the boards belief about Josh, it's commentators, so called "experts" on local and national radio and TV, coaches and even Josh himself saying he needs to play inside more. We can all nit-pick about specific things that certain players do that we don't like but I think most are talking about following the game plan the coaches want to implement.

It's not that Josh should "never" shoot a jumper or dribble the ball it's all about time, distance and circumstance. We've all seen it too many times - you know the type of specific plays.

I don't think it's just the boards belief about Josh, it's commentators, so called "experts" on local and national radio and TV, coaches and even Josh himself saying he needs to play inside more. We can all nit-pick about specific things that certain players do that we don't like but I think most are talking about following the game plan the coaches want to implement.

Yup.

Last year, when Woody was still coaching, you never saw this amount of chucking from Smoove. He played within his game down low, being a defensive enforcer, and a more aggressive player. Last years Smoove deserved an All-Star bid, and a All-Defensive 1st team at the least. This season..... his game has changed. He shoots more long jumpers and plays more of a finesse game. Same goes with Al Horford, even though he is a good mid-range player.

The point is, we are a jump shooting team, Joe Johnson said it himself. That is our mentally, that's what LD has brought to this squad. A "motion offense". Smoove is chucking because he has the freedom to do so.