• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Instead of a big name..

Diesel

• Premium Member

Instead of a big name like Howard or CP3, why not go after defensive players?

I think I saw that Rondo was not happy about them trading away Perk.

How would Perk/Rondo look with this squad?

Instead of a big name like Howard or CP3, why not go after defensive players?

I think I saw that Rondo was not happy about them trading away Perk.

How would Perk/Rondo look with this squad?

But Howard is a defensive and offensive big man not just a name. that's why he is my 1st choice... was never really high on CP3. i liked Deron more. I seriously wonder how Rondo would work with our players, also. He needs players to be able to hit outside shots (KG, Ray, PP... aka Piss) since he isn't a good shooter himself and we all know our perimeter players are flukie, at best.

If this team was a couple role players away, I would agree. But this team is a superstar away. They added a solid PG and only got slightly better. Let's face the music. Only two players can create for themselves. No one can create for Al at a very high clip. We need a real center. I wouldn't mind Okafor but his price tag is too much and he's not good enough to change our outcome. Now with CP3 with him, he's at a great piece. Give us a solid center and moves Al to PF which he will be very productive with CP3 and it puts Joe back to Robin role. Where he's best at. We don't have a #1 option. Horford has potential with an elite playmaker but that's it. Even with a #1 option, you still have to be elite given our roster flexibility. These Hawks are very talented but the fix and the lack of that players to glue them is our issue. You can't get too mad at the Hawks, they tried to bring in heavy hitters so far in Nash and Melo but no cigar.

Edited by nbasuperstar40
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

If this team was a couple role players away, I would agree. But this team is a superstar away. They added a solid PG and only got slightly better. Let's face the music. Only two players can create for themselves. No one can create for Al at a very high clip. We need a real center. I wouldn't mind Okafor but his price tag is too much and he's not good enough to change our outcome. Now with CP3 with him, he's at a great piece. Give us a solid center and moves Al to PF which he will be very productive with CP3 and it puts Joe back to Robin role. Where he's best at. We don't have a #1 option. Horford has potential with an elite playmaker but that's it. Even with a #1 option, you still have to be elite given our roster flexibility. These Hawks are very talented but the fix and the lack of that players to glue them is our issue. You can't get too mad at the Hawks, they tried to bring in heavy hitters so far in Nash and Melo but no cigar.

+1

...you took the words out of my mouth. It's about a lack of said player on this team, because every serious team has one. It's about establishing an identity, because we don't have a real plan when we go out - it's anybody's game to step up (read: take shots). It's about $$ - because we need fans to draw in money, to pay for players, and to pay for a real coach.

Moreover, if we want to be real about it - it's theses types of players (and coaches) and the winning environment they create, that draw the free agent role players we're talking about. If we're talking about trades, well...we'd have to give up what we have and break up the core we're trying to build upon.

I just don't see any way out of this besides going after a big ticket.

Edited by Wretch

• Premium Member

We also tried to do this in the 90's. Remember that team? Remember how we went all out for Rick Fox? The coveted scoring/defensive SF that eluded us for centuries....

Remember where he ended up?

A lot of the Celtic players were upset about that trade. If getting Rondo were possible I would do it. It might put us into position to possibly lure Doc Rivers here too in a couple of years when he decides to coach again.

No way the Celtics let Rondo go. He is a top tier PG in the league. Arguably one of the best defensive players at his position and controls the game very well.

But Howard is a defensive and offensive big man not just a name. that's why he is my 1st choice... was never really high on CP3. i liked Deron more. I seriously wonder how Rondo would work with our players, also. He needs players to be able to hit outside shots (KG, Ray, PP... aka Piss) since he isn't a good shooter himself and we all know our perimeter players are flukie, at best.

Rondo is the best case scenario at PG if we keep Smoove. They have been playing together since kids. Rondo (and Dwight) knows Smoove more than anyone.

• Premium Member

:offtopic:

Billionaire investor Tom Gores has agreed to buy the Detroit Pistons

Noting like having a rich owner.