• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

More on Josh Smith's Attitude Problems

Eddielives

• Premium Member

Good post and tells what is going on with this team and organization. Woody was a better coach hands down no contest.

This team has no heart and is a disgrace to the fans of Atlanta.

Edited by Vol4ever
  • Like 1

I don't think Josh's attitude is the problem per se, like the article said it's the lack of leadership from the guys who Flies Under The Radar, Man and "dee" coach.

Edited by Bruin

Good post and tells what is going on with this team and organization. Woody was a better coach hands down no contest.

This team has no heart and is a disgrace to the fans of Atlanta.

Praising Woodson as being a better coach than Drew is like saying a cat's turd is better than a dog's turd...they both stink.

LW is right, Josh Smith may have his attitude problems, and there are other glaring problems with this team (ownership, roster, lack of effort, no leadership, etc), but Drew certainly hasn't done a darn thing to convince most fans that he was up to the challenge as head coach. That's too bad because getting a proven coach will help mitigate some [not all] of the many problems plaguing this team.

Edited by TheTruth
  • Like 4

The 680 AM guys were interviewing Steve Holeman Monday morning and this article was brought up.

Holeman said he had not seen this guy at 1 Hawks game all season (all press sit together a couple of sections to Holeman's right every game) and went on to add how much energy Josh brings every night. He then added that sometimes its bad energy and sometimes its good. Holeman then said this writer probably sleeps in his mom's basement.

Then Holeman mentioned that he thought Marvin Williams was the key to the Orlando series along with Collins health. Holeman said Marvin can't dissapear on offense in that series.......I assume he also thinks Marvin's length and perimeter defense will be vital against the Magic's perimeter oriented 6'10'' guys like Turkelough and Anderson.

Josh should be motivated for the playoffs. As bad as this team has looked this year I still have some optimism in the 1st round .That Magic team is just as disfuntional as the Hawks are.......but the Hawks have more talent.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Complete nonsense from a "reporter" trying to kick up dust. If LD is fired it's because he's a horrible coach.

Edited by NineOhTheRino
  • Like 2

The 680 AM guys were interviewing Steve Holeman Monday morning and this article was brought up.

Holeman said he had not seen this guy at 1 Hawks game all season (all press sit together a couple of sections to Holeman's right every game) and went on to add how much energy Josh brings every night. He then added that sometimes its bad energy and sometimes its good. Holeman then said this writer probably sleeps in his mom's basement.

Then Holeman mentioned that he thought Marvin Williams was the key to the Orlando series along with Collins health. Holeman said Marvin can't dissapear on offense in that series.......I assume he also thinks Marvin's length and perimeter defense will be vital against the Magic's perimeter oriented 6'10'' guys like Turkelough and Anderson.

Josh should be motivated for the playoffs. As bad as this team has looked this year I still have some optimism in the 1st round .That Magic team is just as disfuntional as the Hawks are.......but the Hawks have more talent.

I give you a +1 but it is for Holeman. :rofl: That is great stuff there.

As bad as this team has looked this year I still have some optimism in the 1st round .That Magic team is just as disfuntional as the Hawks are.......but the Hawks have more talent.

I agree. The Magic are ripe for the plucking, and removing Dwight from the picture, their defense is highly exploitable.

And RE: Larry Drew, like Harry Truman said, the buck stops here. He's the top guy orchestrating the entire show out there on the court, so any failure in that or any failure to get his players under control and to play within his system lies squarely on him, and he will rise or fall because of that. It is totally unfair for this guy to try and preemptively place blame for Drew's failings at the feet of Josh Smith. That's just wrong. Smith's stubbornness is just a symptom of a much larger disease, and that I would say is having a coach who does not have the gravitas, the credibility or the authority (within his players minds) to get them to play as he would like them to play and get them to do the things that he would like them to do.

• Premium Member

Josh doesn't have an attitude issue. He does seem to be developing a weight issue. Still has his freakish athleticism but he better tell wifey to ease up on the home cooking before he 'Eddy Curry' himself out of a job.

• Like 3