• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

LD Defends Sitting Horf

hawkman

• Premium Member

Ridiculously retarded move. It doesn't take John Hollinger to see it. just look at professional basketball coaching history the last 60 years and please show me ONE coach outside of Woodson and his Protoge LD who would sit THEIR BEST DAMN player an entire half because he picked up two quick fouls. Just a beyond awful coaching decision IMHO.

Edited by Atlantaholic

Ridiculously retarded move. It doesn't take John Hollinger to see it. just look at professional basketball coaching history the last 60 years and please show me ONE coach outside of Woodson and his Protoge LD who would sit THEIR BEST DAMN player an entire half because he picked up two quick fouls. Just a beyond awful coaching decision IMHO.

One of the announcers last night made reference to a JVG comment from a weekend game this past weekend where JVG said he used to do that and that most coaches do it but looking back on it now he'd never do that again.

Absolutely ridiculous that LD thinks that our scrub big men did a good job of making Dwight work for his points in either game.

This is by far LD's most frustrating feature as a coach. Awful flashbacks of the Woody years.

Horford does not pick up fouls at a high rate and is not guarding Howard. He should have been brought back in the game when things went sideways in the 2nd. The Magic were absolutely dominating the glass, particularly on their side of the court.

• Like 1

This is by far LD's most frustrating feature as a coach. Awful flashbacks of the Woody years.

Horford does not pick up fouls at a high rate and is not guarding Howard. He should have been brought back in the game when things went sideways in the 2nd. The Magic were absolutely dominating the glass, particularly on their side of the court.

Agreed jhay...while I think there were bigger issues as far as why we lost the game...LDs ameteur move probably cost us a few points and a chance at O.T. late (just a chance). LD needed to realize that while the refs wouldn't foul out Howard pretty much no matter what - they also would have been a bit tentative about fouling out Horf (he is a 2nd level all-star and it would have looked really bad).

With Horford not playing center I think it was a poor decision to sit him all that time. Live and learn LD (I hope)..:kickcan:

Edited by DJlaysitup