• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Teague Needs to play

wolvetigers

LD needs to explore playing Teague in the 2nd Quarter instead of having Jamal at the PG. Not only would Teague put pressure on the opposing PG with his speed, but it allows Jamal Crawford to play the SG position and play off the ball. Everytime Hinrich goes out the game, Nelson goes on a run. IT will be interesting to see what type of adjustments LD has mind.

Now we all we need to do is remind Josh to attack the Paint, and Joe to swing the ball quickly when a double team comes then the Hawks should be ok.

GO HAWKS

• Like 3

• Premium Member

LD needs to explore playing Teague in the 2nd Quarter instead of having Jamal at the PG. Not only would Teague put pressure on the opposing PG with his speed, but it allows Jamal Crawford to play the SG position and play off the ball. Everytime Hinrich goes out the game, Nelson goes on a run. IT will be interesting to see what type of adjustments LD has mind.

Now we all we need to do is remind Josh to attack the Paint, and Joe to swing the ball quickly when a double team comes then the Hawks should be ok.

GO HAWKS

Yes.

Yes.

And YES.

Teague - If for nothing but to give the young guy a taste of the playoffs, Teague should get some PT. But yeah, his speed and defense is a valuable asset against Nelson.

Smoove -Goes without saying. We're NOT going to win with him hanging around the perimeter.

JJ - We see they are crowding the sh!t out of him. WHY doesn't that ball move as soon as it gets to him? It's obvious they aren't letting him score - and we've got SO many other players that can hit shots. I don't think that's on JJ though. That's on Drew. He's got to recognize what VanGundy is doing. Honestly, I was sitting there shaking my head laughing - saying to myself, "Yeah, that would have worked last year holmes. We got a new plan of attack now." I was surprised that we didn't recognize that and make an adjustment. PLENTY of guys on this team can make shots.

Edited by Wretch

GO HAWKS

As long as Jamal keeps shooting well in this series I doubt we will see Teague get any PT. A Blow out is the only way Teague will see any PT.

Teague sucks offensively and has a tendency to commit stupid turnover's when he enters the game ! Sorry but I just don't see him taking minutes away from hinrich and crawford.

Also. I don't have a problem with Smoove taking SOME jumpers as long as they are good shots, but he has not spent the majority of the games on the perimeter like y'all are trying to say he has.

• Like 2

why would we want to take the ball out of Crawfords hands at this point ?

Where does this fantasy that Teague somehow creates offense for anyone besides himself come from ?

Crawfords been on fire and yet how many plays have you seen us run for him off the ball ? If we wont run them for him as hot as hes been the last two games when hes in with the starters why would we then expect us to run them when teague comes in ?

Teague should get some minutes tonight but please can we stop with the drug induced ideas of him coming in as a pg who is gonna distribute the ball ? When he comes in he should come in as a Nate Robinson type smaller guard looking for his shot .

• Premium Member

We all respect the fact that Jamal is shooting well. I even predicted that he (or Al) would be series MVP. With JJ the way he has been, it's even more vital that Jamal get his shots.

Do I want him running the point? No.

In the playoffs? Absolutely not. What Jamal at the point basically amounts to is one on one/iso basketball. That's fine as long as his shot is falling like it did in game one. I'm much more comfortable with him off the ball and away from the ball and if Hinrich isn't in the game, I think Teague at a minimum could get the job done in limited stretches. Morevoer, I have no questions about his ability to defend the perimeter - which is really what the thread is about.

We all respect the fact that Jamal is shooting well. I even predicted that he (or Al) would be series MVP. With JJ the way he has been, it's even more vital that Jamal get his shots.

Do I want him running the point? No.

In the playoffs? Absolutely not. What Jamal at the point basically amounts to is one on one/iso basketball. That's fine as long as his shot is falling like it did in game one. I'm much more comfortable with him off the ball and away from the ball and if Hinrich isn't in the game, I think Teague at a minimum could get the job done in limited stretches. Morevoer, I have no questions about his ability to defend the perimeter - which is really what the thread is about.

again you havent answered what does moving jamal to sg do for his scoring and our overall team scoring which is nothing . Again thats why jamal even when Kirk is in brings the ball up

first hes our best ballhandler and he doesnt get pressured

neither Kirk nor Teague are shot creators they dont create a bunch of shots for others

How many plays did you see us run for jamal even when kirk was in at sg ?

We dont do a bunch of isolations plays because jamal is in . Once you figure in the end of the quarter plays and the fact that jamal is taking 6 threes a game what isolations plays are you talking about ?

What do you guys think a pg for this team does ? Our pg duties involve calling the play passing it either to Joe on the wing or in the post or giving it to the big and cutting through and then they make the decision . Those things do not change no matter who is the pg .

I find it hard to be behind any offense that does not get the ball into the hands of your playmakers as much as possible . Saying you want him off the ball is basically saying you want to cut his offensive touches which makes no sense.

• Premium Member

again you havent answered what does moving jamal to sg do for his scoring and our overall team scoring which is nothing . Again thats why jamal even when Kirk is in brings the ball up

first hes our best ballhandler and he doesnt get pressured

neither Kirk nor Teague are shot creators they dont create a bunch of shots for others

How many plays did you see us run for jamal even when kirk was in at sg ?

We dont do a bunch of isolations plays because jamal is in . Once you figure in the end of the quarter plays and the fact that jamal is taking 6 threes a game what isolations plays are you talking about ?

What do you guys think a pg for this team does ? Our pg duties involve calling the play passing it either to Joe on the wing or in the post or giving it to the big and cutting through and then they make the decision . Those things do not change no matter who is the pg .

I find it hard to be behind any offense that does not get the ball into the hands of your playmakers as much as possible . Saying you want him off the ball is basically saying you want to cut his offensive touches which makes no sense.

- Jamal is not a playmaker. He's a scorer.

- Nobody is talking about limiting his touches.

- If you don't understand the benefit of playing a scorer (and a jumpshooter at that) off the ball, then I'm not going to explain it.

- I'm also not going to explain why having him at the point means more ISO/one on one. I will say that his purpose coming into the game is just that - shoot the ball as much as he can. And that is exactly what he does and will do.

- LD's Motion Offense™ is not reliant upon a playmaker and if it's all the same, I'd rather have Teague on the floor for his defense (at minimum - limited minutes) when Hinrich comes out.

I hope that's enough answers for you, because I'm checking out of this thread. :bye:

- Jamal is not a playmaker. He's a scorer.

- Nobody is talking about limiting his touches.

- If you don't understand the benefit of playing a scorer (and a jumpshooter at that) off the ball, then I'm not going to explain it.

- I'm also not going to explain why having him at the point means more ISO/one on one. I will say that his purpose coming into the game is just that - shoot the ball as much as he can. And that is exactly what he does and will do.

- LD's Motion Offense™ is not reliant upon a playmaker and if it's all the same, I'd rather have Teague on the floor for his defense (at minimum - limited minutes) when Hinrich comes out.

I hope that's enough answers for you, because I'm checking out of this thread. :bye:

Jamal is a playmaker hes had just as many big assists as hes had big shots for us . Playmaking is not just about being a pure passer its about being able to create shots for yourself and others

You are limiting his touches when you are putting the ball in the hands of guards who dont create a bunch of shots for other players themselves and we dont call a bunch of plays for him .

I fully understand the benefit of playing a scorer like jamal of the ball on some other team but on this team what evidence do you have that it will work or has worked ?

You cant explain why it means iso because it really doesnt you like quite a few others see him dribble up and assume him dribbling the ball up the court means that its an isolation play . But when he comes into the game he doesnt shoot the ball as much as he can and we dont even try and get him the ball most of the time . Last year with Woody we did what you are talking about but this year it hasnt been much of that at ll its based on reputation really .

LDs motion offense ? but I thought we were running iso's ? But if his offense doesnt call for a playmaker then what is the issue with jamal bringing the ball up and passing it off ? You seem to be just making excuses for this stuff because you wanna see Teague play . You wanna see Teague defense in the game ? WHAT !!!!!!! You cant sit there and make that claim no one can make a claim saying that they know what Teague will do when he gets into the game because hes done nothing consistently since hes been in the pros .

Ive said since before the series that Teague will probably get minutes at home but its his chance to show he can contribute anyone claiming that they know what he will do tomorrow is basically lying to themselves as he could just as easy come in and have 2 turnovers and stupid fouls as he could have a great block and a steal .

Umm, no.

• Like 3