• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Where is Joe Johnson?

Wretch

• Premium Member

?

Averaging 20ppg/6.5rpg/4apg for the series, hitting clutch free throws, and playing phenomenal defense.

Edited by niremetal
  • Like 4

• Admin

He was hot early but his shot was not falling after a long sit on the bench due to foul trouble.

Joe brings many other things to the game and he contributes even when his shot isn't falling

Scored the last 8 points and made some clutch free throws

Didn't expect him to hit all those free throws down the stretch. Terrific clutch play. He's right were he's supposed to be, up 3-1 with his squad. I knew Jamal would handle the scoring, energy, and part of the leadership like he did last year. Joe has been a good complement.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

On awful efficiency.

That said, the defense, rebounding, and clutch FT's are nice.

He's shooting .435. You're telling me that's "awful" for a guard in the playoffs? I don't know his eFG% or TS% offhand, but my guess is they ain't bad either.

You've always been part of the JJ-bashing contingent. It was pretty clear you had your talking points ready on him before you made that post, and it's easy to predict you'll cherrypick some stats without providing context in order to keep the act up. Even in a game where he scored our last 10 points and played simply outstanding defense, you had to try and take a potshot. Too bad it was BS.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

If Joe was on that court, those free throws would have been meaningless. The real Joe Johnson that is. That's a cheap clone. Or a robot.

Didn't expect him to hit all those free throws down the stretch. Terrific clutch play. He's right were he's supposed to be, up 3-1 with his squad. I knew Jamal would handle the scoring. Joe has been a good complement.

EXACTLY. +100 to you sir.

He's shooting .435. You're telling me that's "awful" for a guard in the playoffs? I don't know his eFG% or TS% offhand, but my guess is they ain't bad either.

You've always been part of the JJ-bashing contingent. It was pretty clear you had your talking points ready on him before you made that post, and it's easy to predict you'll cherrypick some stats without providing context in order to keep the act up. Even in a game where he scored our last 10 points and played simply outstanding defense, you had to try and take a potshot. Too bad it was BS.

Joe had a great first few minutes tonight, and a great last minute. I was happy as hell with his defense and late free throws. Though he did have 1 assist and 6 turnovers, we won the game, and he sealed it for us!

• Premium Member

Cmon, everybody knows that Joe struggles against D12, and refs not calling fouls when Joe is getting bumped around on the perimeter doesn't help either.

He missed one...about 12 feet from D12 that slid off the opposite side of the rim.

• Premium Member

Um, yes. Are you arguing it's not?

Awwww, mrhonline didn't like being called out and gave me a -1. Thanks, mrh.

Entering tonight (when his FG% was .444), JJ was 16th among 40 SGs in FG% in the playoffs. After tonight (down to .435), he'd slip to 18th of 40. He's 5th among 11 SGs who have averaged 10+ FGAs per game:

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/scoring-per-game/sort/fieldGoalPct/position/shooting-guards

Btw, JJ's TS% for the series after tonight is .508. That's definitely not bad for a guard. Especially in the playoffs. Especially with the 3-time DPOY waiting in the lane. Especially getting as much defensive attention as he does.

You gonna say "my bad, his efficiency hasn't been awful" or are you gonna give me another -1?

Edited by niremetal
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

You can't make every single one, he scored the last 10 points for the Hawks, he did his job tonight.

If the real JJ was out there, he wouldn't have been in the game to score the last 10 points.