• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

"Thin-skinned Hawks look to be no match for rugged Bulls"

atlguitar

http://www.nba.com/2011/playoffs/2011/eastseries5/04/29/bulls-hawks-series-preview/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

:Talking Ear Off:

I will find it quite ironic that this may be the next article posted on all the lockers and if we can win this series, he can eat crow and so can chuck and anybody else in the media treating us like a red -headed stepchild.

This dude is gonna get his answer on whether the hawks players take this kind of journalism lightly, that's for sure.

Tired of national media acting like small town homers, let's bring back the "Shock the World" slogan. Only we fans are allowed to talk this much crap about us when we just won our first round series in 6 instead of 7 with josh (or horf) not having a single game in beast mode (which they surely should against the Bulls).

If Derek goes down we would have matchup advantages or ties across the board, but I hope he doesn't because I want us to play all the teams at full strength to see/show what we're made of. Something is different about the Hawks this year for sure, we have superheroes and their evil twins showing up unpredictably. Is LD or Teague Neo ???

On second thought maybe the writer is a Hawks fan hoping for some reverse psychology magic.

Edited by atlguitar

We are always the underdog, no matter what. Every ESPN Analyst picked Orlando to beat us last round. Every. Single. One.

Let them talk, I don't care. Just go out and play ball, let the games speak for itself.

Edited by Boss

This team surpassed my expectations in the first round. I said multiple times before the season ended that we were going to get bounced in the first round. We didn't. I was wrong.

In this round, I'm expecting to get our asses handed to us. I thought with Hinrich, we might make it a 6 game series. Without him, I'm expecting 4 or 5 games. If we just play the Bulls as competitively as the Pacers did, I will be happy with the effort, and you never ever know. Anything, however unlikely, can still happen. There's always a chance, however slim.

• Premium Member

I'm not about to throw in the towel. I was frustrated with this team at the end of the season because of Smoove, JJ, and Marvin. They really haven't played up to their potential in the playoffs, but Crawford stepped up on the offensive end and our team showed up defensively. It isn't a question of talent - and this is where people are not giving us our due. We have a loaded starting 5. It sucks that Hinrich is injured, but we still have a strong starting unit - and the best 6th man in the league. This team could be incredible if they would play the right way, because the talent is there. Right there with the best in the NBA.

I like Chicago. But they are a bit overrated. Rose is not overrated, but Chicago is not a team that is going to just blow teams out of the water. They are a very gritty team and a very energetic team. The thing is, we have the same kind of team. Horford and Smith are every bit as capable on the glass, but our advantage is that Smoove is a better shot blocker than all three combined. He has the potential to be Deke-like. Not nearly on that level, but there was a time when teams respected Josh in the middle. He can be so key in this series.

Horford is every bit the player that Noah is AND MORE because he's BIGGER and has a better shot. Again, we match up well from a talent perspective, but nobody is giving the team it's due. Horford should have a huge series.

...and I guess they just think Crawford is hit or miss off the bench. Just a chucker. This guy has more 4 point plays than Reggie Miller. You don't do that without talent. If Crawford, JJ, and Horford play up to their level, we'll put on a grand show. If they play above their level, there's not many teams that can stop them. If Josh Smith would just stay away from the perimeter and get back to what made him so important to us...we'd walk away with this series.

Man I can't wait for Monday!