• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What planet is Marvin Williams on?

willthepureshooter

Marvin......................

Just hit the open shot. That's all I want. Just hit an open shot Marvin......make a damn layup.

I miss the days when hitting the midrange jumper was what he excelled at. Hell, he did it better than anyone else on the team a couple seasons ago.

Now? He can't even hit wide azz open jumpers. And it's really too bad...he stays open 24/7.

The back injuries have taken away his explosiveness..in years past when he received that baseline dump off he could go up and jam..he can't even get garbage putbacks anymore either..he can't finish and his first step is even slower than ever..hopefully he can regain his explosiveness in the off season..but if not a once modest contract is looking like horrible by the minute..

• Premium Member

Why does Marvin play like he is Kurt Thomas' age. Wasn't this guy picked number two overall as a freshmen just a few damn seasons ago? And people trying to say he wasn't one of the biggest draft busts. I'd trade his *ss for Darko in a heartbeat.

Wasn't he a top 5 draft pick we took?

LOL - +1 AMTBM for an excellent baiting technique at your posting (#) level :P . You are fitting right in! :dancer:

To be fair though, you are right and we all need to accept the fact that we have a key position (SF) where there is an actual and fair argument as far as whether Marvin should be getting the major minutes or should Damien be getting them.

Marvin (as you said) was a top 5 pick...and he has been coached and cured for many years within our system. Damien came in as a 10-day contract player..got another 10 days..was let go..and then later picked back up.

The simple fact that we are having any kind of debate over which guy should be playing major minutes at SF tells me that NEITHER of them should. We should have a veteran SF at a bit above the minimum who would likely outplay both of them.