• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rose Says yesterday........

Rattler4life000

that it should be an easy game..... I was listening to a Chicago sports radio station this morning, ESPN 1000. they played this quote from him yesterday..... I wonder have the hawks players heard this?

Exact quote " I think if we jump on them and just take their confidence away, I think that it should be an easy game"

That sort of statement shows that the Bulls believe they are much better than the Hawks. That sort of over-confidence looses games and series. I like it. Van Gundy was essentially saying the same thing through the first 4 games with the Magic as well.

• Premium Member

That's the sign of somebody that does not know that they are in a fight. You would have thought Game 1 was their wake up. Game 3 was just one really good shooting night... and in game 4, LD made adjustments. IF LD has rightly predicted the next adjustment and coached for it (i.e. defense on Teague and Rose to the drive) we will be able to go up on them and then they will know that they are in a fight.

In essence, I suspect that Thibedeau is looking for Rose to drive the ball 40 times tonight and he wants fouls called 23 of those 40 times. He's looking for a handout from Stern. Our players should have the mind that this is coming and plan for it.

• Premium Member

That sort of statement shows that the Bulls believe they are much better than the Hawks. That sort of over-confidence looses games and series. I like it. Van Gundy was essentially saying the same thing through the first 4 games with the Magic as well.

The Bulls fans feel the same way. They feel they have the far more superior team. I guess that's based on regular season records/accolades or something. Meh, been there done that. We're past that stage now. They are about to learn something we the fans learned and what Mike Woodson had to learn the hard way, the regular season means squat once you get to the 'real' season. If they remain overconfident and think they have the superior team because they have the 'best' player on the floor, they'll end up with the last team we faced who also had the best player on the floor at the time: at home wondering what the heck happened. That's why I don't get upset at these opposing teams/fans being so cocky. That's EXACTLY where you want them to be. They never see it coming. :spiteful:

Edited by hawkman
  • Like 2

The Bulls fans feel the same way. They feel they have the far more superior team. I guess that's based on regular season records/accolades or something. Meh, been there done that. We're past that stage now. They are about to learn something we the fans learned and what Mike Woodson had to learn the hard way, the regular season means squat once you get to the 'real' season. If they remain overconfident and think they have the superior team because they have the 'best' player on the floor, they'll end up with the last team we faced who also had the best player on the floor at the time: at home wondering what the heck happened. That's why I don't get upset at these opposing teams/fans being so cocky. That's EXACTLY where you want them to be. They never see it coming. :spiteful:

I totally agree with you... I wonder have the players or coaching staff seen or heard the quote....

Rose is a cocky s.o.b., guys everywhere say that he is humble, but everytime in a game when he starts smiling I just wanna punch him. He is as cocky as they come, don't get caught up in the hype people

Edited by Supporter
  • Like 3

Whenever the Hawks start to get respect they play like a team that doesn't deserve any respect. When they don't get respect they play like a team that deserve respect. :scratchhead: This team is clearly feeding off the negativity shown to them this year.

Agreed. I hope the negativity continues....please bring it on! Let's keep proving these "experts" wrong. I love it.