• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who stole Crawford's mojo?

Sothron

• Premium Member

I can't be the only one whose noticed that since game 1 Crawford has been completely killing us on both sides of the floor. We all know he's not a good defender but he's out there for his offense. Where is it? He has been putting up clunkers for five games in a row now.

So what happened?

I can't be the only one whose noticed that since game 1 Crawford has been completely killing us on both sides of the floor. We all know he's not a good defender but he's out there for his offense. Where is it? He has been putting up clunkers for five games in a row now.

So what happened?

Well in games 2-4 he was being doubled and has been given up the rock only to never get it back.

On one hand you guys want him to not play the point but are not asking why is no one creating any looks for him or why we are not even running any plays for him .

How many times have you seen Joe and Teague kick it out. When either of them drive they are not kicking they are tossing it up at the basket unless someone is open under the basket.

Outside of the 4th quarter pass for that Crawford three in game 4 even though they are doubling Joe and jamal alot how many times have you even seen the ball make it past 2 passes .

Too much im only gonna give the ball up if they force me to from this team against a good defense and not enough ball sharing

• Premium Member

That's just Crawfrod. We couldn't count on the guy to play like Allen Iverson on steroids for two series in a row. The guy is the very definition of feast or famine and the truth is that there will be nights like last night where the guy is just going to be liability. Hopefully he can get in a groove again, but we can't be counting on it.

That's just Crawfrod. We couldn't count on the guy to play like Allen Iverson on steroids for two series in a row. The guy is the very definition of feast or famine and the truth is that there will be nights like last night where the guy is just going to be liability. Hopefully he can get in a groove again, but we can't be counting on it.

But hes not a liability hes a threat even if he doesn't have the ball because the Bulls will still respect his scoring ability that opens up the floor for Joe and Teague the problem is they established themselves very well as not going to give up the ball so when the bulls defense did collapse in the 4th they had no passing angles .

Crawford is not a team player and has never been that's why he has been traded so much. He does not play well within a team concept its either ISOCrawford or bust and they took that away so its bust. I do wish that they were running him off screens and the same goes for Joe. I think they are trying to get them off screens but Bogans and Brewer are getting away with riding guys out with there forearms and a lot of hand checking but don't do that to Mr. MVP and crew. To be clear the Bulls stole his thunder. I think this is good for the Hawks long run because they see what Crawford is and that's a guy that is already in his 30's who is very one dimensional. He should only be resigned if it is for a sign and trade

That's just his nature. He'll win games for you with his ridiculous shooting, but there will be more games where he's a liability on both ends of the floor. That's why he's no longer a starter, but unfortunately we play him like a starter no matter how poorly he's playing. Drew should give him a chance in the first half and a chance in the second half, but if he doesn't have it then someone else needs to play.

He had a mediocre season a superstar first round and now lackluster 2nd round....sounds just like the namesake. Personally I think he's putting more arc on his jumpers than I'm used to seeing, perhaps the Bulls length and closeouts are bothering him. Beyond that the Bulls are allowed to body up on all of our guys and he likes to initiate his dribble drives from 35 feet away from the basket. This has led to him getting stripped constantly, losing his dribble or the Bulls defense having more time to help on his drives. Add that to the fact that he's very slight and it's not hard to see why having bigger stronger players draped on you for 15 seconds and 30 feet away away from the goal is wearing on him. He is not without blame though, I have brought it up a few times in the chat about why is he setting up 10 feet behind the arc when he's playing off ball. He's not in a position to score or to have defenders keep an eye on him and is just setting himself up as a bailout so he can go one on one rather than playing off the action.

LIVING IN THE PAST

Have any of you heard this expression when used about some old person who only wants to

talk about things that happened way back when they were a youth?

Now, about the Hawks. We appear to be "living in the past" with Crawford. Over his time in

Atlanta he has been both hero and goat. He has been great! He has been awful. We remember

the great and tend to forget the awful. Alltimers?

Crawford was great - - sometimes - - this season. Against the Bulls, he has been awful. Not

just one game or part of one game, but the entire series. Even when he's great and hitting those

shots, his ball handling and his defense have been - - Well, you know, not great.

He is capable of having one of those games where every shot seems to fall. The nets are smoking!

We desperately need a couple of those games from him. Run him out there and see what happens.

If he still can't score, get him out of there and insert Wilkins. He has much better defensive

skills and has been known to drive the ball inside and score. Not tons of times, but it happens.

GO HAWKS!! :clapping: