• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Will Joe Be Booed Off, Again?

benhillboy

The fact that this is a valid question for our max guy is depressing in itself. I'm betting yes, since his fans have already given him a pass because he's getting hacked without foul calls and Chicago's double teams have an impenetrable force field around them. Poor Joe. Most will be satisfied that he's shut down, not realizing that true great players relish contact and the over-pursuit of the defense because they're smart and athletic enough to split, circumvent, pass out and move, or simply break it down before it arrives. See countless examples of Dirk, Wade, James, and Rose. I sure hope this isn't the case, but it's much more likely than his Once-in-a-lifetime Game 1 performance.

• Premium Member

The fact that this is a valid question for our max guy is depressing in itself. I'm betting yes, since his fans have already given him a pass because he's getting hacked without foul calls and Chicago's double teams have an impenetrable force field around them. Poor Joe. Most will be satisfied that he's shut down, not realizing that true great players relish contact and the over-pursuit of the defense because they're smart and athletic enough to split, circumvent, pass out and move, or simply break it down before it arrives. See countless examples of Dirk, Wade, James, and Rose. I sure hope this isn't the case, but it's much more likely than his Once-in-a-lifetime Game 1 performance.

1) Can we boo you off the forum for another pointless Joe-bashing thread?

2) I love how you and MVP23 think your personal loathing of JJ is enough to make any asinine question or comparison about him "valid."

3) You're posting this before the biggest home game the Hawks have played in almost 25 years? :warning:

Edited by niremetal
  • Like 2

I love it. No intelligent rebuttals actually discussing how our "star" can take advantage of doubles and tough defense? Nothing? Just whining and taking up for a guy who cares nothing about you anyway? Nice.

Let's Go Hawks. Oh, and Joe Johnson, too.

Edited by benhillboy

benhillboy didnt you say in a post the other day how Joe was playing better then you thought he would and said he was playing with house money with you. Now as for Joe, he has played great in 2 games, good in 2 and bad in 1 in this series. Joe isnt the one hurting this team right now it is your boy Crawford that has been shut down since game 1. That being said I hope Joe and Jamal come out on fire because we need both of them to win tonight.

Guest Squawker

Ahh yes its Joe's fault. Because Al is tough and has the best post up moves! Oh and Jamal is just on FIRE! Smoove is SOOO CONSISTENT! And Marvin is exceeding our expectations when we drafted him!

oh wait... that seems wrong.

He's the Lindsey Lohan of Hawksquawk posters. Always doing stuff for attention, then acting all innocent when people call him out.

Pick a side Ben.

Tonight and possibly Sunday night will be the most important Atlanta Hawk games that you've ever seen in your LIFETIME. And who knows if and when we'll be in this position again.

So pick a side.

Either you want JJ to ball tonight, greatly increasing our chances of winning . . . or you want him and the Hawks to fail, so that you can boo JJ.

smh . . . such an attention wh-re

• Premium Member

I love it. No intelligent rebuttals actually discussing how our "star" can take advantage of doubles and tough defense? Nothing? Just whining and taking up for a guy who cares nothing about you anyway? Nice.

Let's Go Hawks. Oh, and Joe Johnson, too.

Intelligent rebuttals can only really be made in response to intelligent posts.

Edited by niremetal