• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Drew on 680

frosgrim

• Premium Member

Smoove, Zaza, & Teague are the only ones who show heart. I really can't see how anyone could argue with that.

Pretty easy. The only way you can argue that Smoove shows "heart" is if "doing your own thing without regard to whether it's helping the team" qualifies as heart. Because I sure as hell didn't see Smoove boxing out, committing hard fouls, closing out on shooters, moving around to set off-ball screens to free up his teammates, diving on the floor after loose balls, or cutting to the basket off the ball. Nope. I saw him jump at the ball in an effort to get the rebound for himself instead of boxing out (which is more likely to ensure that the team gets the rebound). I saw him plant his *ss on the perimeter and ask for the ball instead of cutting to the basket, so he could shoot one of his precious jumpers so that he can prove his doubters wrong (nevermind that it would be better for the TEAM if he focused on dominating with his strengths rather than proving he had no weaknesses). I saw him b*tching at the refs instead of getting back on defense. I saw him continue his lazy closeouts on shooters unless he had a chance at a block.

Basically, I didn't see Smoove do any of the "little things" that help the team but don't show up in the box score or highlight reel for him. And if you didn't see his loafing around on offense and getting back on defense repeatedly during the playoffs, then I don't know what the hell games you were watching.

No one - and I mean no one - outside the Smoove Fan Club on Hawks blogs is saying that Smoove played with "heart" in these playoffs. They're saying he played like someone who still doesn't get it and probably never will.

Edited by niremetal
  • Like 3

• Premium Member

I feel an appeal to Reggie Evans!!!

Reggie. Please pick us. We have admired you from afar.

I also feel an appeal to Jared Jeffries.

Jared, we could use your 6 foot 11 defensive/athletic play here in the ATL!!

Okay, then so what players would you want to get for the Hawks to give up Josh or Al?

Al Jefferson please. His post game would give us some semblance of half court offense. I don't think Utah gives him away though.

Bring in some role guys like Craig Smith , Reggie Evans, and big bruit like Fensenko. Plus we need a catch and shoot sniper like Kapono for Teague to drive and kick too. Teague needs at least two 3 point shooters in the starting lineup to spread the floor for his dribble drive penetration. All the ball movement in the world does you know good without shooters who make open shots.

Pretty easy. The only way you can argue that Smoove shows "heart" is if "doing your own thing without regard to whether it's helping the team" qualifies as heart.

I stopped reading after the first sentence. You're looking at it the wrong way. You're mad about something. Who did I leave off? I left off Damien and... that's it.

Edited by AHawks89

I stopped reading after the first sentence. You're looking at it the wrong way. You're mad about something. Who did I leave off? I left off Damien and... that's it.

A common retort to any Smoove criticism is that you just don't like him or you're mad at something. This is what you say when you don't want to address the content of someone's opinion. If Smoove would add some brains to his heart, he would be a fan favorite again here in Atlanta. Now, to continue to defend him without being realistic about his fatal flaws just shows that you are a fanboy/girl of Smoove and not a fan of helping the team out. I'll admit it's fair to point out Horford's shortcomings in the playoffs but it's really the first time he's shown any sort of lapse in his game since he's been a Hawk. So I'll take it that it was an anomaly until he continues to play like this for a full season and another playoff series. Josh has been declining in popularity due to his erratic play for about 3 seasons now. Why is this so hard for the fanboys and girls to accept?

A common retort to any Smoove criticism is that you just don't like him or you're mad at something. This is what you say when you don't want to address the content of someone's opinion. If Smoove would add some brains to his heart, he would be a fan favorite again here in Atlanta. Now, to continue to defend him without being realistic about his fatal flaws just shows that you are a fanboy/girl of Smoove and not a fan of helping the team out. I'll admit it's fair to point out Horford's shortcomings in the playoffs but it's really the first time he's shown any sort of lapse in his game since he's been a Hawk. So I'll take it that it was an anomaly until he continues to play like this for a full season and another playoff series. Josh has been declining in popularity due to his erratic play for about 3 seasons now. Why is this so hard for the fanboys and girls to accept?

This has nothing about Horford vs Smoove. What I was saying is, I didn't read what he typed out after the first sentence. Why? Because he's thinking about the wrong defenition of heart. You see those guys I listed above showing a lot of emotion during the game, hustling for balls, being physical, etc. Because someone does something that they shouldnt, don't mean they have heart. You can tell who has heart out there. It's not hard to pick out. Seeing Smoove at the end of the game all sad compared to the other players really showed he wanted it all. I think Nirm just wanted to let his anger out on Smoove because I didn't mention Horford? Maybe the same reason you're on the same boat. Like I said, that isn't what I meant. So stop trying to... :stirthepot: Edited by AHawks89
  • Like 1

Saying that one player shows heart while the other doesn't is complete bullsh*t. Just because Smoove is out there making puppy dog faces when losing doesn't mean he is showing heart. Joe has showed heart when he came back early from injury, Horford showed heart when he got decked by Griffin and still managed to shoot the freethrow. You can't just single out one player and say that they have heart and ignore the others, because that is simply wrong. Guys show heart in different ways on and off the court.

Edited by Supporter
  • Like 3

Guess some people has never played competitive sports. I play all the time, and we all know who is playing with heart and who is not. That's your opinion, and that is mine. So let it be. :)

Edited by AHawks89

this entire post is hilarious !!! ha ha

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Guess some people has never played competitive sports. I play all the time, and we all know who is playing with heart and who is not. That's your opinion, and that is mine. So let it be. :)

So this is all a matter of opinion, but anyone who disagrees with you must have never played competitive sports? Ok, buddy.

• Like 1

So this is all a matter of opinion, but anyone who disagrees with you must have never played competitive sports? Ok, buddy.

Exactly. I said something out of hand, just like you did when I left of your boy Horfords name. (I'm guessing this is why you're being so defensive). Did I mean that, no. Just giving you an example what you did.

Look what has started...

I don't think it's possible to make nice comments about certain players in here. This whole Smoove vs Horford thing is getting old. :chillpill:

Anyways, back to the topic.. We need some tough & physical vets on this team.

Edited by AHawks89

Larry Drew is the lowest paid coach in the NBA. No reason why the ASG or Rick Sund would listen to him and if they get new ownership or let Sund walk and someone else takes over at GM they will surely want to come right in and put there imprints on the team and there imprint will have nothing to do with some words said by a redundant coach who will be gone at the end of next season. Drew is more of a politician than coach. He play the politician and tried to lesson the significance of his role in Teague Gate. He always points the fingers at his players with his redundant speech of shot selection and energy. Drew is exactly what this team does not need. Teague, Josh, and Al are all still young basketball players and they need to learn to take ownership and that's something Larry Drew nor his family is good at if you look at his son.

• Premium Member

Exactly. I said something out of hand, just like you did when I left of your boy Horfords name.

Wrong. I don't think Horf should be on that list. Just that Josh shouldn't be.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Here is the Interview

http://www.stationcaster.com/stations/wcnn/media/mp3/Larry_Drew___Hawks_Head_Coach-1305568012.mp3

Really a shame that 680 never post their audio in a timely manner. It's actually a good interview. Too bad many will not get to hear it since it's buried so deep within the thread.

Edited by NineOhTheRino