• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I don't think we should trade Hinrich

capstone21

• Admin

I think we should either let Crawford walk or try for a SnT and we may be the better team for it.

WIth his emergance in the Bulls round I really like the idea of a three guard rotation of Kurt, Joe and Teague.

Hinrich would be pg when Joe is on the floor and sg when he is on with Jeff.

We lose some scoring (maybe not with Hinrich and Teague combining to make up for what Bibby and Crawford gave us) but we are much better defensively.

We suddenly have better ball flow because we lose an iso player and replace it with point guards controlling the ball.

We will miss the instant offense and the 3 point shooting but we will suddenly have a team where the ball is passed around and we always have guards that play defense.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I think we should either let Crawford walk or try for a SnT and we may be the better team for it.

WIth his emergance in the Bulls round I really like the idea of a three guard rotation of Kurt, Joe and Teague.

We lose some scoring (maybe not with Hinrich and Teague combining to make up for what Bibby and Crawford gave us) but we are much better defensively.

We suddenly have better ball flow because we lose an iso player and replace it with point guards controlling the ball.

We will miss the instant offense and the 3 point shooting but we will suddenly have a team where the ball is passed around and we always have guards that play defense.

Well, I think we need to address our 5 and 4 spots before we talk about three guard sets. The main question is what do we do with the big lineup. Keep it or toss it. It has proven it's worth. If we get a Better 5, we can't go 3 guard.

• Admin

Well, I think we need to address our 5 and 4 spots before we talk about three guard sets. The main question is what do we do with the big lineup. Keep it or toss it. It has proven it's worth. If we get a Better 5, we can't go 3 guard.

I wasn't talking about doing a 3 guard lineup. I was saying a three guard rotation but instead of Crawford it will be Hinrich or Jeff who comes off the bench in that 6th man role.

Basically we shouldn't trade KH but instead let Crawford go.

• Premium Member

I wasn't talking about doing a 3 guard lineup. I was saying a three guard rotation but instead of Crawford it will be Hinrich or Jeff who comes off the bench in that 6th man role.

Basically we shouldn't trade KH but instead let Crawford go.

Both financially and from a development standpoint, that's a consideration. IF at all possible, I would like to use Craw in a SNT if we're not keeping him. I will say that Craw had a big hand in us getting past Orlando. I will also say that he has no business being our PG.

I think the value is when you finish games with PG, Craw, and Joe in at the same time.

We let Crawford go when we didnt offer him a extension there really is no decision to be made regarding him now.

Kirk is not a scorer bringing him off the bench you better have 2-3 more guys on the bench that can play because one or two guys wont be able to fill the role that jamal played . Same thing goes for Teague.

I felt like we should have traded Jamal in a deal that included a Center when he had his expiring and I feel the same way about Kirk. If Joe, Josh, and Al are your core you need to build around that and have everything else for trade bait and the Hawks have failed to do that. Jamal should have been traded during the season and Kirk should get traded also.

Edited by TRUEINTELLECTPLAYA

I think Crawford causes problems on both the offensive and defensive ends when he is on the floor at the 1 and that's where he plays most. I think the ridiculous 3s and 4 point plays lure us into thinking he's better than he is.

• Like 1

I think Crawford causes problems on both the offensive and defensive ends when he is on the floor at the 1 and that's where he plays most. I think the ridiculous 3s and 4 point plays lure us into thinking he's better than he is.

and how is that different from anyone else on this team ?

I agree with both the main point and the reasoning why of your thread.

+1

• Like 1

Seems to me you just don't like Hinrich, and you're just moving people around for the sake of moving them around. The $$ savings will just go in ASG's pockets, and we will not be improved at all by any of the trades.

Guess It should seem to you that I don't like Joe or Marvin either since my trades moved them before they did Hinrich. You would be wrong on everyone except Marvin, Marvin is the player I don't like, every other trade I make is because I think it would help the team, Hinrich included.