• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rick Sund speaks

NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member
  • Premium Member

My bad. I thought they posted the whole Rick Sund clip. I'll update the link as soon as they (790) fix it.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

*The Hawks were "elite," but not championship contenders.

My favorite part is where Sund says that only three teams had made the second round three consecutive years, with two of those winning a championship (Boston, LA). He fails to mention that the Hawks, unlike the Celtics and Lakers, were swept the first two seasons and were then closed out at home in the third one.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

My favorite part is where Sund says that only three teams had made the second round three consecutive years, with two of those winning a championship (Boston, LA). He fails to mention that the Hawks, unlike the Celtics and Lakers, were swept the first two seasons and were then closed out at home in the third one.

I'll repeat:

Rick Sund and JJ are a match made in heaven.

I'll repeat:

Rick Sund and JJ are a match made in heaven.

I understand that spin is part of his job, but I believe that he believes in alot this B.S. A perfect fit with his owners.

Meanwhile, why can't we bring in someone who expects, nay, demands better? Assuming the CBA gets hashed out, this offseason will be the most telling of all.

• Premium Member

Yeah, but they were there.

How would you compare the hawks vs. the Magic?

Magic were in the finals 2 years ago. This year, we put them out. Would you say that they are moving closer to the goal or farther from it?

He makes a good point, you can't rush experience.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Magic were in the finals 2 years ago. This year, we put them out. Would you say that they are moving closer to the goal or farther from it?

Compare which season's Magic with which season's Hawks? With the Magic, you're talking about drastically different teams. I would say the Hawks have neither moved closer nor farther away in each of the last three seasons.

I'm not buying into the "experience" line for the Hawks. For the Thunder? Absolutely. But the Hawks have been in a TON of playoff games the past four seasons and are really no closer to the EC Finals than they were during that emotional Celtics' series. (Not to mention the fact that Jamal is likely gone and Joe will likely show a slight regression next year).

The Magic messed that team up with dumb trades. The Magic from the finals year would sweep this years Hawks,.

• Like 2

Lil OT but I guess it counts as a lockout watch. I just saw Zaza walking down Madison ave. here in NYC.....with no bags and just window shopping. I guess they took that memo from the union to save their pesos to heart.....that or he just has everything already and is thoroughly unimpressed with the summer collections.

Guess this is another one of those no major changes coming, we love our core speeches. I am seriously annoyed and uninspired by the presence and words of Rick Sund and the ASG when it comes to this team

Edited by TRUEINTELLECTPLAYA

• Premium Member

Guess this is another one of those no major changes coming, we love our core speeches. I am seriously annoyed and uninspired by the presence and words of Rick Sund and the ASG when it comes to this team

He pretty much said he's OK with being the 8th best team in the NBA. It's a shame some of us don't feel we deserve better.

I don't expect him to pull a Donald Trump and fire people for bs reasons but man he has to learn to sell the product. Hinting that 8th best is good enough will not entice non-diehards to show up. The team needs new blood on the court and in the front office. Now it's just heartless leadership leading heartless players. Oh well...what should we expect from a NBA lifer / retread?

Edited by NineOhTheRino

I would really like to see what Rick's real thoughts are, because what he is regurgitating right now is what Michael Gearon is telling him to say, IMO.

His real thoughts are "My wife wants to put in a new kitchen." So he's going to continue to toe the line and collect his checks.

His real thoughts are "My wife wants to put in a new kitchen." So he's going to continue to toe the line and collect his checks.

Yeah. The thing with Rick is, who knows if he would be a good GM? We cannot tell because Michael Gearon has his hand up Rick's rear end, making him do what he does when it comes to the major decisions such as signing Joe Johnson to a ridiculous contract that he will never live up to, resigning Mike Bibby to a bad contract, and giving Marvin Williams a bad contract based on what you think he can do rather than what he has done. In the areas where I think Rick actually has a little more input, such as the late first round picks and second round players the team has drafted, I would give him a passable grade. Jeff Teague was a nice draft pick that I do not feel was dictated by Michael Gearon Jr.

Sund is a "yes-man" for a bunch of DIP$HIT "owners"... I said it, yeah, F*CK THE ASG... I'm tired of our city getting the shaft by these A$$CLOWNS and nobody saying $hit about it.

I would personally spit in Gearon's & Levenson's face if given the opportunity. Those A$$Holes personify evil and incompetence.

I believe that Sund was hired and rehired mainly due to his ability to, I guess, "masterfully" spin the owners' BS or down right obvious financial motivations with a straight face. Most GM's have too much integrity but I'm sure for a lifer like Sund he's just more worried about his grandkids being able to afford a good school and semesters abroad than anything else.

• Like 1

I believe that Sund was hired and rehired mainly due to his ability to, I guess, "masterfully" spin the owners' BS or down right obvious financial motivations with a straight face. Most GM's have too much integrity but I'm sure for a lifer like Sund he's just more worried about his grandkids being able to afford a good school and semesters abroad than anything else.

And that is the sad part about it, for a man Rick Sunds age to not have any more dignity about himself is just sad. This is not really what the so-called old wise men try to teach young bucks. Just do what you have to collect a check is the thought process that leads prostitutes to selling there bodies, for dope boys to sell dope, for crackheads to do anything to get the crack. My major problem with Sund is that he allows himself to be a yes-man or in urban terms a do boy. He does not even respect his own legacy why should I take it easy on him when I smell BS everytime someone utters Sund speaks.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

JJ or his agent must have pictures of MGJ doing something highly inappropriate.