• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks top 5 coaches of alltime...

Diesel

• Premium Member

Top 5 coaches of all time

Here's my "Really??" moment.

5. Mike Woodson and Bob Weiss (tie) Weiss became the new coach of the Hawks after the Mike Fratello era ended and accumulated an 124-122 record. Plus, the Hawks made the playoffs twice during his three-year tenure. Weiss was a low-key hire and his run had ended in 1993.

Can we just put LD down at 5?

What about Kevin Loughery?

• Moderators

If there is any one thing more dreadful than the Bleacher Report, it is the Yahoo! Contributor Network. Are these 6th grade writing composition projects?

Who is Lenny Wilkins, Nique and Dykstra's love child? Is there an editor in the house?

~lw3

Its interesting that all of those guys except Woody and Richie Guerin found jobs after coahcing the Hawks often several. Its still early for Woody, but so far he's had no takers. Lenny was Hall of Fame as player and a coach, and Hubie was Hall of Fame.

Woody had the worst record but did improve every year. He only had 2 winning seasons. Hard to see him on a greatest list.

I think this list would make a lot more sense if they just stopped at the Four Greatest Hawks coaches of all time.

I agree.

Woody was definitely a better coach than Bob Weiss. Weiss still had the superstar version of Dominique ( despite losing him for 1/2 a season ) and a very good Kevin Willis on the team, plus Doc Rivers and then Mookie Blaylock. Weiss was as mediocre and inconsequential of a coach as you would ever see.

People hated Woody, but Woody got the most out of the guys he coached. He turned a "4th option" into a 4 time All-Star . . a guy who couldn't shoot at SG and SF, into a versatile small PF who was a borderline All-Star . . and a PF out of college into an All-Star at C.

Woody >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Weiss