• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Best Hawk fight?

Diesel

Basketball fights are normally pretty tame, but that brouhaha against the Knicks got a little bit hairy. And you've gotta love a fight against those 'Bad Boy' Pistons teams, with Laimbeer and Mahorn and Jeff Malone and Jeff Ruland (very briefly) and all those guys getting all rough and tumble and basically instigating violent reactions due to their physically violent style of play.

• Premium Member

It had to be scary seeing Oakley and Ewing coming after you...

However, I had to laugh at Isiah Thomas shooting practice shots while the fight was going on in Detroit.

Also, Zaza... Zaza is just the reinforcer. We need to get him an Enforcer!

I always thought Wes Mathews was one of the toughest guys ever. He would back down from no one. I know it sounds crazy, but I seem to recall him going after Mahorn once. Is this just old age catching up with me, or does anyone else remember that?

Does anyone remember the scuffle between Shareef and Kenny Thomas? I think Jason Terry got a few shots in on Eddie Griffin if my memory serves me correct. I doubt there is any video footage of that incident.

• Premium Member

C'mon son! How does this not even get a mention D?

Skip to 1:43

OK, I laughed hard with Doug Edwards and the EARSHOT... Probably the most impactful thing Edwards ever did.

Who knows where this team would be right now if it wasn't for that Zaza headbutt to Kevin Garnett....

NBAPlayoffs20080428Celtics-HawksG4H.jpg

I tried to find this fight on Youtube. I think KG paid to have them all removed.

Does anyone remember the scuffle between Shareef and Kenny Thomas? I think Jason Terry got a few shots in on Eddie Griffin if my memory serves me correct. I doubt there is any video footage of that incident.

4:18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qorGzu1vYQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Oh yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh Dion Glover sighting!!

You watch those clips, and you realize just how tough Doc Rivers was back in the day. Right after that clip of the MIA - ATL fight, there's Doc again involved in a fight vs Phoenix and Kevin Johnson. Doc didn't take crap off of anybody. He tried to rip KJ's head off, but Barkley saved him.

When people talk about why rivalries don't exist today like they did back in the day, the fighting is actually one of the reasons why. You can't even push and shove people anymore without getting thrown out of the game. And God forbid you did like what Doc and Oakley did back in 1988. That is an automatic 1 game suspension in today's NBA. But back then, they got double technicals and STILL didn't get ejected.