• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Wojnarowski: Hawks getting increased volume of calls about Smith

Admin

I thought the deal was straight up with Portland. If it's part of the rumored 3 team deal we've heard about where Smith goes to Orlando, I understand now, but in that scenario, we were getting Camby, Miller, Anderson, and Duhon for Smith and Marvin. It was a slightly different than just Smith for Miller and a pick. That what my point.

It's not a 3 team deal that is being discussed, it's just Portland and Orlando but Orlando would be getting a big contract that can be waived to shed dollars plus a draft pick and we're afraid that they might turn around and trade Miller and that pick to us for Smith. Of course they'd have to add about 5-6 million more to the trade to make salaries work but it scares me that they would send Jameer away for an aging Miller without planning to move Miller for something else.

Is this franchised cursed?

Why make such a greedy selfish move? Just to save money?

How about win an title to get more butts in the seats? :suicide:

You know that is right.

This is getting just painfully looking at these trade rumors and ppl need to remember.

This team went to second round again for the third time and actually played hard versus top seeded team with a back-up PG at the helm.

If the ASG does this, that means they dont have money and they are going to lose fans and their money faster than the Thrashers did(we all know what happened to them).

In my heart of hearts, we should be trading Johnson and Marvin before going after Smith. ASG better pray that this deal doesnt happen.

Lots of traffic for these rumor sites, and now all of a sudden the atlanta market has a reason to watch the draft even though they only have a second round pick. This sure is marketing at its finest.

Lots of traffic for these rumor sites, and now all of a sudden the atlanta market has a reason to watch the draft even though they only have a second round pick. This sure is marketing at its finest.

Let us hope this is all it is...

...and a late 1st rounder at that. You won't be the only one pissed off. Never in my life have I considered boycotting the team, but if Smoove is dumped for nothing...I will not follow this team until we get new ownership. At a minimum, Josh Smith is worth a decent lottery pick. And if we are demolishing this thing, why not GET something of substance before you just dump everything.

Nonsense. If any of these proposed trades are true, then I'm afraid this damn franchise will just never get it.

what happened with the rumor cleveland was looking to trade the 4th pick for Josh? I don't care to trade josh for a rookie but I Would rather get the 4th pick for him than the 21st pick. This seems like the Kirk Hinrich trade all over again where we get very little value in return for what we have to give up.

• Premium Member

The thing about "flipping" Andre Miller is that he can't be re-traded unless it's a 1-for-1 situation. IOW, he's the bait.

For the Hawks, Miller would be used to get either Hinrich (meh) or Marvin (please!) off the books in that trade.

Just threw this together real quickly, but you get the idea:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=63c9yyy

The thing about "flipping" Andre Miller is that he can't be re-traded unless it's a 1-for-1 situation. IOW, he's the bait.

For the Hawks, Miller would be used to get either Hinrich (meh) or Marvin (please!) off the books in that trade.

Just threw this together real quickly, but you get the idea:

http://games.espn.go...tradeId=63c9yyy

Very good point about that H! There's far too much salary gap for him to be flipped for Josh. I wouldn't be happy if we shipped out Hinrich since Teague would be our only PG and I doubt we could get anyone at #21 that would be ready or allowed to play backup PG for us this year but I guess I could get on board with Marvin for a waived Miller and the #21.

• Premium Member

He can't be re-traded, but I don't think that's the deal... the deal instead is a 3-team trade where the NBA protocols are concerned. It's just that the guy reporting it appears to only have nailed down the ORL-POR part of it so far... and that he and others are theorizing that ATL or PHL could be a third.

Am I wrong?

He can't be re-traded, but I don't think that's the deal... the deal instead is a 3-team trade where the NBA protocols are concerned. It's just that the guy reporting it appears to only have nailed down the ORL-POR part of it so far... and that he and others are theorizing that ATL or PHL could be a third.

Am I wrong?

You are right, I got a feeling it is going to be us as the third team but I just try to figure out, if we going to give up Smith for a DP and money, they just put up JJ on the block as well.

• Premium Member

If they do it will just justify further why NBA stars do not want to play in Atlanta...And I do not blame them..

Not sure I see the connection. If anything, the Hawks have shown they're willing to overpay guys and then stick with them far too long.

@TooSmoove5 You gonna be a Hawk by the end of the night? I'm just asking now so I can be ahead of the curve. Haha.

about 5 hours ago via TweetDeck in reply to TooSmoove5

@SekouSmithNBA Lol I guess we both will have to see haha

about 5 hours ago via web in reply to SekouSmithNBA

Am I wrong?

He can be re-traded but as H pointed out it could only be a 1 for 1 trade.