• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

D12 Speaks!

NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

http://media.790thezone.com/Podcasts/1345/Dwight_Howard_7-15-11.mp3

Download

Man I would love to have him here, but I will never be comfortable with him being such an assclown. It would be a weird transition to go from the cardboard cutout known as Joe Johnson too the often over the top goofy Dwight Howard.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

It would be a weird transition to go from the cardboard cutout known as Joe Johnson too the often over the top goofy Dwight Howard.

Shaq created a monster. Before him, top big men tended to be the strong and (relative to stars at other positions) silent types (think Mikan, Wilt, Kareem, Parish, Hakeem). Then Kazaam came along and it all went to hell.

That being said, I'd trade any two players on our roster plus our draft picks for the next decade to get D12.

Shaq created a monster. Before him, top big men tended to be the strong and (relative to stars at other positions) silent types (think Mikan, Wilt, Kareem, Parish, Hakeem). Then Kazaam came along and it all went to hell.

That being said, I'd trade any two players on our roster plus our draft picks for the next decade to get D12.

Josh, Al, and our draft picks for the next 10 years for that clown? No way! You'd have a lineup of Teague/Joe/Marvin/Zaza/Dwight. That team is no better than the current team imo. Maybe worse. No 3 pts shooters for Dwight to pass out of the double teams, it puts Marvin back in the starting lineup(ouch), Zaza or Powell replaces Josh and Al at pf,(yikes) plus we gave away our picks for the next decade.(bummer) No thanks. Not to mention Dwight gettin on my last nerve with his silly antics. Yes Id love to have him, but NOT for "any two players on our roster plus our draft picks for the next decade". Edited by terrell

Josh, Al, and our draft picks for the next 10 years for that clown? No way! You'd have a lineup of Teague/Joe/Marvin/Zaza/Dwight. That team is no better than the current team imo. Maybe worse. No 3 pts shooters for Dwight to pass out of the double teams, it puts Marvin back in the starting lineup(ouch), Zaza or Powell replaces Josh and Al at pf,(yikes) plus we gave away our picks for the next decade.(bummer) No thanks. Not to mention Dwight gettin on my last nerve with his silly antics. Yes Id love to have him, but NOT for "any two players on our roster plus our draft picks for the next decade".

Nire's suggestion of also trading our draft picks for the next decade was clear hyperbole on his part.

• Premium Member

Josh, Al, and our draft picks for the next 10 years for that clown? No way! You'd have a lineup of Teague/Joe/Marvin/Zaza/Dwight. That team is no better than the current team imo. Maybe worse. No 3 pts shooters for Dwight to pass out of the double teams, it puts Marvin back in the starting lineup(ouch), Zaza or Powell replaces Josh and Al at pf,(yikes) plus we gave away our picks for the next decade.(bummer) No thanks. Not to mention Dwight gettin on my last nerve with his silly antics. Yes Id love to have him, but NOT for "any two players on our roster plus our draft picks for the next decade".

The rest of the team wouldn't stay static if we somehow pulled off a D12 trade. In the NBA, 1 superstar > 2 borderline All-Stars. I don't like it, but it's true. Bring in Dwight, and we'll have a much easier time attracting role players at a good value. I think the path to title contention is much easier with Dwight than it is with Josh and Al (or Joe and Josh or Al and Joe).

• Premium Member

Nire's suggestion of also trading our draft picks for the next decade was clear hyperbole on his part.

I would not blank twice at sending Joe Johnson and Al to the Magic for Howard. Think about this thing in terms of fan interest. We're fanatics so the team has us either way. You bring in D12 in the causal fan's interest in this team grows exponentially in D12's first few days on the team.

Edited by NineOhTheRino
  • Like 1

The rest of the team wouldn't stay static if we somehow pulled off a D12 trade. In the NBA, 1 superstar > 2 borderline All-Stars. I don't like it, but it's true. Bring in Dwight, and we'll have a much easier time attracting role players at a good value. I think the path to title contention is much easier with Dwight than it is with Josh and Al (or Joe and Josh or Al and Joe).

Well I dont see anybody jumping at the bit to join him in Orlando.

I would not blank twice at sending Joe Johnson and Al to the Magic for Howard. Think about this thing in terms of fan interest. We're fanatics so the team has us either way. You bring in D12 in the causal fan's interest in this team grows exponentially in D12's first few days on the team.

Joe and Al, yes. Josh and Al, no.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Well I dont see anybody jumping at the bit to join him in Orlando.

Joe and Al, yes. Josh and Al, no.

I'm not giving up Josh for MJ in his prime. Josh is untouchable. Al...I'd trade at for Popeye Jones.

Edited by NineOhTheRino
  • Like 2

I'm not giving up Josh for MJ is his prime. Josh is untouchable. Al...I'd trade at for Popeye Jones.

Well you need to change what you said about giving up any 2 players for Dwight. Btw, I'd give up Joe and Josh for D12, Just as I'd give up Joe. But Josh and Al? Hell to the naw.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Yeah. Especially since teams can't trade away their first round picks in even 2 consecutive years (unless they acquire another first round pick). But I definitely stand by "any two players on the roster plus draft picks" as part of a trade to get D12. It'll never happen, but hey it's lockout summer.

http://media.790thezone.com/Podcasts/1345/Dwight_Howard_7-15-11.mp3

Download

Man I would love to have him here, but I will never be comfortable with him being such an assclown. It would be a weird transition to go from the cardboard cutout known as Joe Johnson too the often over the top goofy Dwight Howard.

So why you say he is an "assclown"?

• Premium Member

So why you say he is an "assclown"?

He comes off a bit phony to me. Most of the time he seems to playing a role for the camera rather than being himself. That's just my opinion. He and JJ are extremes while someone like Josh is right in the middle. Regardless I'd still take him.

• Like 1

He comes off a bit phony to me. Most of the time he seems to playing a role for the camera rather than being himself. That's just my opinion. He and JJ are extremes while someone like Josh is right in the middle. Regardless I'd still take him.

I know the dude since childhood, have coached him, broke bread and prayed with them. He is genuine not phony.