• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

SEA vs. ATL: On Like Donkey Kong?

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

http://dimemag.com/2011/11/seattle-atlanta-to-throwdown-in-the-best-game-of-the-lockout/

I suspect it might not go down if anything gets settled on the lockout before Saturday the 19th, but anyhow...

Jamal Crawford and Lou Williams are promising something different. Seattle and Atlanta are two consistently overlooked hoop hotbeds. But now we’ll have the chance to see which city is better. Expect it to be heated. Expect it to be real.

As we broke in Smack last night, Crawford for Seattle and Williams for Atlanta are organizing a REAL GAME. Not a showcase, but a real game, or at least that’s what the organizers are telling us. It’ll take place at Morehouse College on Saturday, November 19. Doors will open at 2 p.m. with the game starting an hour later. If you plan on being in the Atlanta crowd, I’d suggest getting there extra early because this one is going to be hype.

How hype? It would’ve been dope even until news broke today that Dwight Howard will be playing for Atlanta. Now it’s on another level. Here are the two sides’ lineups:

ATLANTA

Dwight Howard

Louis Williams

Damien Wilkins

Derrick Favors

Anthony Morrow

Joe Johnson

Jeff Teague

Josh Smith

—–

SEATTLE

Jamal Crawford

Nate Robinson

Isaiah Thomas

Spencer Hawes

Jon Brockman

Marvin Williams

Terrence Williams

Will Conroy

Lou's promo:

http://proam.eventbrite.com/

For some of those taking the bait and heading to Forbes, there's supposed to be a discount for college and HS kids that bring a school ID (discount code on the event page above).

3175682220014336204112302028831957146376330900n.jpeg

~lw3

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Brilliant!!!!!!

Think about it....

Get Howard used to playing with Joe, Teague, and Smoove.... That's the future of Hawks Basketball.

Howard goes free agent next year.

If the lockout passes this year, Marvin will be Amnesty...

If we can get another owner, the time is right!!! Dwight Howard comes Home.

SHOUT OUT TO the Hawks players for being Brilliant!!

• Premium Member

Oh, that's what it is... I mean why else would you add Joe and Blink to the team? Neither are from Atlanta.

No Toney Douglass? No Rondo? NO JJ Hickson? NO Jodie Meeks? Not even a Josh Powell? Randolph Morris? or Al Thornton?

I see what's going on?

We're going for D-12!!

Oh, that's what it is... I mean why else would you add Joe and Blink to the team? Neither are from Atlanta.

No Toney Douglass? No Rondo? NO JJ Hickson? NO Jodie Meeks? Not even a Josh Powell? Randolph Morris? or Al Thornton?

I see what's going on?

We're going for D-12!!

Joe and Teague are going to be here for awhile. Might as well. Do you want Josh Powell in this?

• Premium Member

No, I'm saying that there were other players from Atlanta LiKE POWELL and they are not in the game but Joe and Teague are. I'm not mad.... Let's convince Dwight to come on home... Hell, after Seattle, let's take on NY. Then Philly...

• Moderators

I'm guessing Team Seattle agrees with you... either that or the flight estimates came in...

New Venue... New Opponents!

http://proam.eventbrite.com/

Now it's "New ATL" versus "Old ATL" (No idea what that even means). And the game has shifted from Morehouse to Atlanta Metro College on Metropolitan Parkway. I'm guessing Jamal Crawford's foundation pulled out as a beneficiary.

Players ATL Dwight Howard, Lou Williams, Josh Smith, Derrick favors, Anthony morrow, Joe Johnson, Jeff Teague, Damien Wilkins + More To Be Added.

I see Trey Thompkins, Travis Leslie, and Marshon Brooks on the "new ATL" side. Ouch? Favors and Teague have to at least be on that "new" side to help them out.

Afterparty at Mansion Elan for the grown and... well...

http://t.co/xS0xKAXQ

(Dwight, Joe, Josh, Teague, Damien, Favors, Morrow, are the "hosts," for whatever that's worth)

~lw3