• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Just getting this off my chest...

sturt

• Premium Member

What's with this Miami HEAT crap?

I mean... HEAT... instead of... like the other 29 teams... Hawks... Celtics... Lakers... not Atlanta HAWKS... not Boston CELTICS... etc.

I can kinda understand the miami heat's pr guys wanting to see if they could pull it off... a seemingly media-wide accommodation to begin spelling their nickname in caps... almost in a teenage prank kind-of way...

But it appears they've now actually pulled it off.

Well, I don't like it... so for now on, they will be, indeed, the miami heat in my posts on those rare occasions that I pay them any attention, just to give some balance, if only to my own little universe.

• Moderators

It's not hopeless yet...

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/powerrankings/12/01/preseason-rankings/index.html?rss=true

I thought PR would be tired of having people ask what HEAT stands for by now. Alas... I'm trying to enforce caps-correctness for my own references, but it sure would be nice if the NBA itself would lead the way.

~lw3

• Moderators

What's with this Miami HEAT crap?

I mean... HEAT... instead of... like the other 29 teams... Hawks... Celtics... Lakers... not Atlanta HAWKS... not Boston CELTICS... etc.

I can kinda understand the miami heat's pr guys wanting to see if they could pull it off... a seemingly media-wide accommodation to begin spelling their nickname in caps... almost in a teenage prank kind-of way...

Where is this being done?

I just checked an article from today on the Heat whining and even ESPN is still using the normal Heat spelling:

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/7307318/chris-bosh-miami-heat-says-season-opener-dallas-mavericks-going-suck

In my personal opinion it should be the Miami "Meet"...since that's where the buddies get together. It should be the L.A. "Free"...cause they basically get free agents for free...and the Boston "Riggers" - due to their penchant for rigging trades.

Edited by DJlaysitup