• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

UGA gets Keith Marshall (#1 RB according to Rivals)

coachx

Anthony Dasher

UGASports.com

Related Links:2112 Commitment ListWatch the announcement videoUGA's Scholarship Numbers

Talk about it in The Main BoardRALEIGH, N.C. - As a youngster, Keith Marshall grew up emulating former Georgia legend Herschel Walker.

Perhaps he'll now get to meet him some day, after giving his verbal commitment to the Bulldogs during a ceremony Tuesday afternoon here at Millbrook High.

"He's a monster; big, fast. I saw him on ESPN," Marshall said during an earlier interview with UGASports. "They say he's the greatest college running back of all time. He's someone that I look up to."

Marshall, who will enroll at Georgia in January, figures to battle for immediate time in the Bulldog backfield this spring and next fall.

Competition suits the 5-foot-11, 192-pounder just fine.

"Coach (Mark) Richt was saying it's good to have more than one good running back, so me and Isaiah (Crowell), we could feed off of each other so we could both stay healthy and not have to get 30 carries a game," he said. "I'm all for that."

Marshall, who chose the Bulldogs over Clemson, is coming off a season which saw him rush for 1,860 yards and 25 touchdowns.

He's the nation's top-rated all-purpose running back according to Rivals.com.

"People say Gale Sayers because I'm smooth and I'm fast," Marshall recalled. "I don't really try to be like anybody else."

Stay tuned for UGASports throughout the day on Marshall's commitment.

Edited by AHF

• Moderators

UGA really put a lot of eggs in one basket with this one, real similar to how they recruited Crowell last year. Who knows, maybe this will push UGA into top 10 recruiting again? They are the kings of February National Championships, so it isn't at all surprising for this signing.

This is the exact post that hawksfanatic was making about Clemson if the Tigers signed him. Posted Image (Or maybe not).
  • Like 1

http://blogs.ajc.com...what-about-uga/“Georgia has never let me know how they feel about me, so I don’t know how I would feel about Georgia,” Davis said. “It’s a good school. If they called, I would listen to what they had to say.”Thats was Davis last week............since then UGA has offered him but seems to have a lot of ground to make up.There is a shift at Florida to get bigger RB and taller WRs to fit their pro-style offense. Urban Meyer perfered the undersized speed demons who can play RB or WR (T. Burton, P. Harvin, Rainey, Demps) who catch the underneath passes and make YAC.Gurley fits UGA's needs for a big physical RB better then Davis would now that they have Marshall on board. Granted Clemson is in the hunt for him too. Edited by coachx

• Premium Member

Another year and another top running back for UGA. Usually we start to hear about the trouble in class or other "issues" in about a year or so. Maybe not this guy though, I hear he is a good kid and actually makes good grades. We shall see...

• 6 months later...

I didn't want to start a whole new thread, but if I don't comment on Clemson's recent commits then I woulld be a shameful fan.Robert Nkemdiche, the nations #1 recruit from Grayson just committed to Clemson today. That makes 3 recruits out of Grayson joining the 2013 class. In case you didn't know, Grayson is in Atlanta and Clemson is in upstate South Carolina. That is a huge grab for Dabo, he is making a strong statement to everyone in the area that Clemson is rising back on top. It should also settle down this overreaction of there only being 4 relevant conferences because of this new bcs shake up.

Clemson is near the Ga line........its not upstate.Deserving of its own thread. Congratualtions. Clemson really needed a big fish. Their class was hurting up till' now. RN decided to join his 3 HS teamates and play at Clemson. He will wreak havoc on the ACC.Did you see the rivals artcile that came out comparing him to Flowers (#1 recruit of 2011 who is a similar pass rushing DE) ? Basically says RN is stronger and better vs. the run............JC is longer and a little more explosive making him more of a natural weakside pass rusher. Great company to be in the same ball park as JC.I can't wait for 2013-14 when UGA and Clemson open the season playing each other in a home and home. 2013 will my 1st time visiting Clemson's version of "Death Valley." I only say that b/c it is the most over-used stadium name in the country. Heck my HS calls their stadium "Death Valley" along with LSU and ASU. this will be the 4th "Death Valley" I've had the pleasure of visiting.The Dawgs just lost the committment of Derick Henry (#1 "athlete" in the country but still maintain the #3 ranked recruiting class for 2013. He wishes to play RB only..........Henry did not "switch" to another school but I think UGA's RB depth chart is scaring him off with Crowell, Malcomb, Marshall, and Gurley all being sophmores and freshmans .UGA will have 5 more recruits in for visits this weekend and are supposed to be getting 1-2 new committs according to what some HS coaches are saying. One public and one may stay private.....of course none of it matters until you actually sign on the dotted line. Among the visitors is L. Tunsil, the #1 ranked LT in the country and a top 10 DE who is a overall top 100 recruit. If UGA could land the #1 LT in the country 2 years in a row it would be out standing and is really un heard of. We got Theus last year and Tunsil this year would be amazing. Theus and Tunsil are both N Florida guys and are friends. Theus has unslefishly volunteered to move to RT if let Tunsil have LT if he were to come to UGA.........of course the coaches would make the compete but its a nive unslefish jestur to help bring in talent none the less.Sorry for the rants.........I can talk recruiting all day. Edited by coachx

• Moderators

It should also settle down this overreaction of there only being 4 relevant conferences because of this new bcs shake up.

The ACC is absolutely relevant. I don't know why anyone wouldn't think so. Florida State, Virginia Tech, Miami, Clemson, and Georgia Tech are highly relevant programs today and historically.Congrats on Clemson grabbing the stud DL. I'd rather see him at Clemson than Alabama!

The ACC is absolutely relevant. I don't know why anyone wouldn't think so. Florida State, Virginia Tech, Miami, Clemson, and Georgia Tech are highly relevant programs today and historically.Congrats on Clemson grabbing the stud DL. I'd rather see him at Clemson than Alabama!

The death of the ACC is being discussed if FSU, Va Tech, Miami, and possibly others leave in the all the conference raiding going on. From what I understand, FSU may leave at any moment and that would have a ripple effect with Va Tech and Miami possibly going as well. You lose those 3 in football, GT and Clemson will be looking to get out as well.Re: Clemson recruiting. Great catches by Dabo. I can't stand Clemson, but they have recruited an absolute beast.

• Moderators

The death of the ACC is being discussed if FSU, Va Tech, Miami, and possibly others leave in the all the conference raiding going on. From what I understand, FSU may leave at any moment and that would have a ripple effect with Va Tech and Miami possibly going as well. You lose those 3 in football, GT and Clemson will be looking to get out as well.

Under those circumstances I can see that, but I don't think they will end up being happy 10 years down the line with the fact that they joined the Big 12 or Pac 10 or some other conference that makes travel to road games an absolute nightmare for their fans. The ACC is a good football conference on its own and I wouldn't be looking to run if I were in it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I didn't want to start a whole new thread, but if I don't comment on Clemson's recent commits then I woulld be a shameful fan. Robert Nkemdiche, the nations #1 recruit from Grayson just committed to Clemson today.

Well...things are getting interesting now. Nkemdiche's Mom sure has been a pain in the ass, but what else do you expect from politicians? http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2012/11/08/robert-nkemdiche-de-commits-from-clemson-per-report/?cxntfid=blogs_recruiting