• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2011-2012 Atlanta Hawks season prediction

sillent

Coach Larry Drew will be one of the top 5 coaches in the NBA this year. His team and game plan are revolutionary enough to shock the NBA world and make a lot of teams have to adjust.

Jeff Teague will show us why passing up on Chris (I'm injury prone) Paul and Deron (I really just want to play offense) Williams with Teague's defensive prowess and overall ability. Teague/Marvin/Horford I'll take over a superstar asking to be traded because we can't give them enough help.

Marvin Williams (via good health) will finally have that break out season that most of us have spent years waiting for.

Josh Smith will make the All Star team and be in the talks with the elite player's of the league.

Joe Johnson will be the Joe of old but with less iso's and more movement.

Radmanovic will earn the love we give Zaza.

Pape Sy is going to surprise many fans in a good way.

Magnum Rolle is going to be a surprise talent and keep Benson is going to develop into a promising big. Ok this prediction might actually have to go beyond this year's season.

McGrady and Stackhouse are going to help give us an over the edge attitude that we have not seen with our team in the past.

Hawks will be an elite squad for years to come with this core!!

Feel free to challenge these predictions. I didn't go into full detail explaining each one but I will pull this out at the end of the season so be careful if you know you don't know what you are talking about.

I wish I were as optimistic as you Silent. But I'm not. I could see a few of your predictions coming true, but not all of them at once.

I can see some of these as possible, being optimistic. 1.) Josh has his best year ever. Makes the All Star Team. 2.) Marvin is at least as good as he was in 2008-09, when he was something like 14 ppg. 3.) Joe has a noticably better season than last year. 4.) Teague becomes a solid starter, and has some really good games along the way. 5.) One of our new additions (whether the rookies or the vets) makes us glad he joined the team. 6.) The consensus of Hawksquawk fans is LD is an above average coach.

But, hate to say, I don't even see all of the above happening in the same year. At least 1, maybe 2 or 3 at best.

I agree with you Randy and would agree with you completely but because of the intense shortened season I believe our reserves will have a bigger role as well as our core players stepping up with their individual growth. I didn't go as far as saying we would win a championship this year although I would like to but there are too many variances that want allow me to go that far (injuries,trades, etc.). I also think Larry Drew will show us his mastermind after having a full season under his belt!!

• Admin

Coach Larry Drew will be one of the top 5 coaches in the NBA this year. His team and game plan are revolutionary enough to shock the NBA world and make a lot of teams have to adjust.

Jeff Teague will show us why passing up on Chris (I'm injury prone) Paul and Deron (I really just want to play offense) Williams with Teague's defensive prowess and overall ability. Teague/Marvin/Horford I'll take over a superstar asking to be traded because we can't give them enough help.

Marvin Williams (via good health) will finally have that break out season that most of us have spent years waiting for.

Josh Smith will make the All Star team and be in the talks with the elite player's of the league.

Magnum Rolle is going to be a surprise talent and keep Benson is going to develop into a promising big. Ok this prediction might actually have to go beyond this year's season.

McGrady and Stackhouse are going to help give us an over the edge attitude that we have not seen with our team in the past.

Feel free to challenge these predictions. I didn't go into full detail explaining each one but I will pull this out at the end of the season so be careful if you know you don't know what you are talking about.

You would think we are the greatest thing since sliced bread :)

Maybe: Coach Larry Drew will be one of the top 5 coaches in the NBA this year. His team and game plan are revolutionary enough to shock the NBA world and make a lot of teams have to adjust.

No but hoping he is 12 to 14 and 5 to 6 kind of good. Jeff Teague will show us why passing up on Chris (I'm injury prone) Paul and Deron (I really just want to play offense) Williams with Teague's defensive prowess and overall ability. Teague/Marvin/Horford I'll take over a superstar asking to be traded because we can't give them enough help.

14 to 16 and 6 would be just fine with me Marvin Williams (via good health) will finally have that break out season that most of us have spent years waiting for.

16 to 17 and 9 Josh Smith will make the All Star team and be in the talks with the elite player's of the league.

22 to 24, 5 and 5 Joe Johnson will be the Joe of old but with less iso's and more movement.

Hopefully a solid role player Radmanovic will earn the love we give Zaza.

No but we can always hope. Pape Sy is going to surprise many fans in a good way.

No but we can always hope. Magnum Rolle is going to be a surprise talent and keep Benson is going to develop into a promising big. Ok this prediction might actually have to go beyond this year's season.

Attitude yes but not a lot of fire powere left in their tanks McGrady and Stackhouse are going to help give us an over the edge attitude that we have not seen with our team in the past.

Don't think so. Like many good teams we still need that player/superstar added to put us over the top. Hawks will be an elite squad for years to come with this core!!

Edited by Buzzard

Magnum Rolle is going to be a surprise talent and Keith Benson is going to develop into a promising big. Ok this prediction might actually have to go beyond this year's season.

Well 2 of my predictions have already become a mute point. The moves are understandable from a business side because with a season like this you need everyone of your players to be able to contribute from the gate. Still sad to see so much potential released and hope we can get another shot with them later on down the road!!

I thought I knew what I was talking about when I made my predictions this season but it's only game 1.