• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks vs. Heat

CODHAWKSFAN

Hawks play the Heat tonight, will we steal a victory on their home floor, or will we fold like paper to the eastern conference champs?

Obviously I would love to see the home team prevail, but this is a scary team and they are looking REALLY good this season, so here is my prediction: We will stick with them for 2 1/2 quarters, then right around the 6 minute mark the game will begin to change and we will start to falter. Norris Cole will probable be the player of the game.

Thoughts??

Edited by CODHAWKSFAN

I say we need Zaza in the game as soon as Josh starts to play dumb or Horford starts to play soft. A few hard fouls to make it known that LeBron and Wade can't take over the middle, and we can stay close. T-Mac is also going to be huge tonight, as we need our bench to SCORE POINTS and make sure we don't fall behind by too much.

Drew needs to do A GREAT JOB with his rotations, which means keeping a mixture of starters and reserves on the floor together. A Pargp/Green/McGrady/Clav/Zaza lineup for more than 30 seconds probably loses us this game.

I think if we are shooting well early we can get ahead of them and make it a game where they make runs at us and we respond.

If that is the case I would see it coming down to the last few minutes. Hopefully we will make our free throws tonight when we get them.

I really think Teague needs to play well and within himself. My guess is a close game - possibly O.T. i-m_so_happy.gif

(note: this prediction was from the heart as a Hawks fan)

If I had to bet money I would bet on them blowing us out sad.png .

Well, after Josh telling JT to get him the ball when he's open, we saw the results

in the last game.

Now, JT is back to being our leader and Josh - well.

Not jumping on Josh. He's capable of great things and he's capable of doing

things inside on defense. Also, he can steal that wayward pass.

Great 3 pointer from JJ at the end of half! We let them know that they are

in a tough one.. We CAN play with these gods of the NBA.

GO HAWKS!!

Outstanding team defense, especially on Wade. He had no daylight and actually made good plays giving it up. We just helped and closed out everything from the second quarter on. Great Team Win. The national sports media is forced to talk about an Atlanta team now.

Edited by benhillboy

• Moderators

Oh ME of little faith. My own frustrations in the 1st quarter was based on this team's historic inability to adjust. LD proved me wrong throughout the game AND with that crucial timeout in the 4th quarter. Was that an actual gameplan that we saw? Well coached, sir. And thank you Teague for coming to play early, big men for getting the rebounds we needed, and T-Mac for sealing the deal late.

~lw3

The Hawks have the quickness and length to D up anyone outside of legit 7 footers. It's just a matter of them doing it. The effort was missing in Houston, but it was there tonight once they spotted the Heat a 10 point lead. It'll be interesting to see how they respond tomorrow night.

It was a good win. They didn't let the star power overpower them and they played hard when it mattered most. Unlike the Houston game, the defensive effort was more like the effort in the playoffs last season. Hat tip to everyone but Josh who largely continues to play like crap. Flashes of the old Tmac to boot. It was a good win, but beating Chicago will be tough. It's hard to expect a any team to pull that off.