• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Are we signing a Center?

• Premium Member

AL Horford Marvin Williams to phx fot Gortat Dudley 2 1st rd picks

It would take more than that to get Horford. I don't think Horford is going anywhere. I think it's more likely other players would be involved in a potential trade for a center.

We aren't getting a Center. If there was one available then why didn't the team pursue them when the roster was healthy? The need didn't just materialize out of the air now did it? As far as management is concerned they have 3 centers already, two guys that play exclusively there in Zaza and JaCo and two guys that can flex for spot minutes in Ivan and Josh and then they will "add" yet another when Al comes back at the end of the season.

• Moderators

I'd like to have one more big body stashed away for limited minutes, either Marcus Cousin, Kyrylo Fesenko, or Omar Samhan. I don't think they'll sign anybody and wouldn't want them screwing up the tax situation over it, but I don't want to overuse JaCo (and risk injury) beyond what he's really needed for.

~lw3

I really wouldn't mind doing B. Jennings and Bogut for Smith and Teague. We could lose that deal but we could also win it if Horford was healthy right now. Jennings is a playmaker. I really think Teague will be as good as Jennings. Better over time and what not. Smith is better than Bogut but Bogut actually fits with Horf as does Jennings. This is clearly a move if we are building around Horford. Get a playmaking PG even though Teague can finish at the basket SUPERIOR to BJ but Teague is a scoring PG who can play great defense. BJ is a scoring PG who can create for others but is a sloppy decision maker which Teague isn't. Bogut is overrated but he's a great fit for Horford and Horford is a great fit for Bogut. I think do not this is a win win deal, I just think it's a better fit deal. Mainly for those three players. Milwaukee actually wins the deal from a potential and talent perspective.

• Premium Member

I really wouldn't mind doing B. Jennings and Bogut for Smith and Teague. We could lose that deal but we could also win it if Horford was healthy right now. Jennings is a playmaker. I really think Teague will be as good as Jennings. Better over time and what not. Smith is better than Bogut but Bogut actually fits with Horf as does Jennings. This is clearly a move if we are building around Horford. Get a playmaking PG even though Teague can finish at the basket SUPERIOR to BJ but Teague is a scoring PG who can play great defense. BJ is a scoring PG who can create for others but is a sloppy decision maker which Teague isn't. Bogut is overrated but he's a great fit for Horford and Horford is a great fit for Bogut. I think do not this is a win win deal, I just think it's a better fit deal. Mainly for those three players. Milwaukee actually wins the deal from a potential and talent perspective.

I recall Milwaukee desperately trying to move up in the draft to select Horford because they knew he would be a great fit alongside Bogut. As far as the trade, I don't think I would swap Teague for Jennings. While Jennings is the better playmaker, I think Jeff is the stronger defender and that end of the floor is what wins. If Bogut could stay healthy, I could see swapping him for Smith although I can't see that happening after the silly comment Josh made a few years ago about the city of Milwaukee.

I recall Milwaukee desperately trying to move up in the draft to select Horford because they knew he would be a great fit alongside Bogut. As far as the trade, I don't think I would swap Teague for Jennings. While Jennings is the better playmaker, I think Jeff is the stronger defender and that end of the floor is what wins. If Bogut could stay healthy, I could see swapping him for Smith although I can't see that happening after the silly comment Josh made a few years ago about the city of Milwaukee.

The thing is Horford is limited on offense if the PG can't get the ball into favorable spots much less create for him. Teague can't do either. Teague has vision when slashing, Jennings has vision always. Jennings has seriously spotty decision making flaws while Teague is a very good decision maker. Jennings is extremely confident while Jeff is a WIP. I really don't like Teague fit with Horford but I love Teague with Dwight Howard.

Look at Amare right now. He has just learned what Al been going through for since he's been in Atlanta. Welcome to Al's world Amare.

Edited by nbasuperstar40
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

The thing is Horford is limited on offense if the PG can't get the ball into favorable spots much less create for him. Teague can't do either. Teague has vision when slashing, Jennings has vision always. Jennings has seriously spotty decision making flaws while Teague is a very good decision maker. Jennings is extremely confident while Jeff is a WIP. I really don't like Teague fit with Horford but I love Teague with Dwight Howard.

Look at Amare right now. He has just learned what Al been going through for since he's been in Atlanta. Welcome to Al's world Amare.

I have to respectfully disagree. Teague's confidence and ability will continue to develop and he is by no means a finished product with this pathetically being the first time in his three year career that he's received meaningful and consistent minutes. I think Teague and Horford in a two man pick and pop game can be quite effective and a go to play at times in the half court.

So he shoots more jumpers? No thanks.

So we can rid ourselves of Marvin who is clearly on the decline for a guy who still has some upside in Blatche, and who would also benefit from a change in scenery..When we become completely healthy Blatche softness could be disguised by the scrappiness of Horford/Smith/Teague/Joe..Blatch has good Skill level and we would become bigger on the front Line..

So we can rid ourselves of Marvin who is clearly on the decline for a guy who still has some upside in Blatche, and who would also benefit from a change in scenery..When we become completely healthy Blatche softness could be disguised by the scrappiness of Horford/Smith/Teague/Joe..Blatch has good Skill level and we would become bigger on the front Line..

So go with a big lineup? I can see where you're going with this. Moving Smoove to the 3 spot would only give him more excuses to shoot the J though. If he could gain discipline this would work.