• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Predictions on Heyward and other Braves this season?

AHF

• Moderators

I am hoping for a big bounce-back year from Atlanta's young OF.

Last year, he was hurt for the season and altered his swing so he could play hurt. The Braves also generally suffered from some terrible support from their hitting "coach." This year, Heyward supposedly has lost 20 pounds, gotten his swing back on form, and has even last year's critic Chipper Jones talking about the way the ball is jumping off his bat again. He had a great eye, patience, and the physical tools to have a fantastic season at age 19 so I am thinking sunny days will be here again when Heyward takes the field for the Braves this summer.

sun_bespectacled.gif

I'm hopefully optimistic on Heyward but I can't predict him being any better then Freeman until he proves he has patched up the holes in his swing. Inside pitches simply ate him alive last year.

Heyward .270 / 22 HR / 90 RBI / 32 doubles / .340 OBP

Freeman .300 / 22 HR / 100 RBI / 35 doubles / .400 OBP

Uggla .260 / 35 HR / 100 RBI / 32 doubles / .345 OBP

McCann .290 / 20 HR / 85 RBI / 25 doubles / .360 OPB / 130 Games

Bourn (contract year) .300 / 60 SB / 105 Runs / .355 OBP / Gold Glove

Beachey 18 W / 9 L / .280 ERA / 200 SO (top 5 for Cy-Young)

Kimbrell - 50 saves / 2.60 ERA

Chipper - .270 / 14 HR / 65 RBI / .345 OBP / 105 Games / 395 AB

I love our batting order:

1. Bourn

2. Prado

3. McCann

4. Freeman

5. Uggla

6. Chipper (I would start Chipper off in the #3 hole b/c he normally has good starts to the season. Then he gets a bad oblique or pulled hammy that zap his power). Of course he guaranteed a HR the 1st game off the disabled list though.

7. Heyward

8. Rookie SS

9. Pitcher

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just hope we stay healthy...thats the main thing for me. I want to see more of the pitching we have down in the minors, either use it or trade to get something we can use

I really have more hopes for Pardo than Heyward but Heyward has the world of potential.

• 2 weeks later...

Just checked in on the Braves spring training and see they 1-9 with a total of 3 home runs hit all spring. I was listening to the game where the Tigers hit 6 hr's in one inning off Tehran. I know it's just spring training but considering the debacle that was the collapse last year, you'd think they would have a little better showing even if it's just spring. Sigh, I hope this isn't a sign of another offensively impotent Braves team.

• Moderators

Bradley has a good piece on the Braves and Chipper. I think this is it for Chipper and its going to be hard to see him go. His nickname should be Mr. Brave. He's given it all to this team.

http://blogs.ajc.com/mark-bradley-blog/2012/03/14/me-im-not-yet-worried-about-the-braves-except-for-chipper/?cxntfid=blogs_mark_bradley_blog

http://blogs.ajc.com/mark-bradley-blog/2012/03/14/me-im-not-yet-worried-about-the-braves-except-for-chipper/?cxntfid=blogs_mark_bradley_blog