• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trouble on the horizon

The feeling among some in Atlanta is that the Hawks' rotation was thrown out of whack by the return of Kirk Hinrich. The Hawks started the season 13-5 but have gone just 6-8 since Hinrich returned from shoulder surgery. Though he's struggled this season, one would think Hinrich could help a club if made available.

Frustration abounds in Atlanta right now, and sources say Marvin Williams wants out because he wants to play somewhere where he'll have an increased role offensively. Williams is averaging just 9.6 points per game, his lowest since his rookie season.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/37357/lakers-like-beasley

• Moderators

http://blogs.ajc.com/jeff-schultz-blog/2012/02/21/report-marvin-williams-wants-out-ok-whats-the-joke/?cxntfid=blogs_jeff_schultz_blog

I gotta agree with Jeff on this one. How in the dark do you have to be to not realize that your contract makes you untradeable. If he really wants out then we can talk buyout. Are you interested in that?

http://blogs.ajc.com/jeff-schultz-blog/2012/02/21/report-marvin-williams-wants-out-ok-whats-the-joke/

I hope Rick Sund grant him his wish and get someone who will try and contribute no matter how many plays are called for him. Kirk and Marvin for a legit center ASAP!

Chris Broussard isn't exactly Peter Gammons here. Not sure how reliable this is at all, so I am not one to get excited about unnamed sources.

Edited by hawksfanatic

You guys are funny, this team sucks *ss for years, they obviously have enough talent to beat any team yet they only beat the bad ones to get a good enough record to get in the playoff and then embarrass the city of atl every year...

...you guys are laughing at Marvin cuz he wants out of this mess? U much rather keep Joe Johnson and Josh smith who are "good" players right? Smh the fact that those two guys are our best players is why we have no heart or basketball iq. Marvin has the talent to be great in this league but due to his passive mentatlity on a team full of a bunch of idiots who jack up shots and all the plays are run through them...he looks like he is a bust but no way, Marvin is one of the most underrated players in the league and everyone well see how good he is once he leaves this sorry excuse for a team.

Do any of u play basketball? Do u not realize it's difficult to play decent offensively when your four other teammates are all Ball hogs and your supposed to just get hot when they say f*** it and finally decide to pass the ball through u every once in a blue moon?

I'm rooting for Marvin and will be laughing at everyone when he shows that's he's a consistent 15-20 ppg and 5-8 rpg man in this league

• Like 1

You guys are funny, this team sucks *ss for years, they obviously have enough talent to beat any team yet they only beat the bad ones to get a good enough record to get in the playoff and then embarrass the city of atl every year...

...you guys are laughing at Marvin cuz he wants out of this mess? U much rather keep Joe Johnson and Josh smith who are "good" players right? Smh the fact that those two guys are our best players is why we have no heart or basketball iq. Marvin has the talent to be great in this league but due to his passive mentatlity on a team full of a bunch of idiots who jack up shots and all the plays are run through them...he looks like he is a bust but no way, Marvin is one of the most underrated players in the league and everyone well see how good he is once he leaves this sorry excuse for a team.

Do any of u play basketball? Do u not realize it's difficult to play decent offensively when your four other teammates are all Ball hogs and your supposed to just get hot when they say f*** it and finally decide to pass the ball through u every once in a blue moon?

I'm rooting for Marvin and will be laughing at everyone when he shows that's he's a consistent 15-20 ppg and 5-8 rpg man in this league

I was in the same camp as you for a long time but after watching Marvin continue to struggle at finishing at the basket I'm just not sure that he is skilled enough to consistently score 15-20ppg while being more of a focus of the defense, which would come with being a larger part of the offense. I like Marvin and wish him well but I'm hoping we're able to move him in a package for a center or a SF who is a more capable finisher, even if it comes at the cost of losing Marvin's underrated defense.

I doubt it. Marvin might produce those stats in the D-League.

I doubt it. Marvin might produce those stats in the D-League.

In 07-08 Marvin averaged 15 ppg and almost 6 rpg and that was as the 3rd-4th option, although he was a lot more aggressive back then. I think a change of pace and being in a more structured offense could easily get him back to those numbers and possibly a bit more.

• Premium Member

How can the Joseph Forte of the Atlanta Hawks demand a trade? LOL did I miss something here?? Let's trade him right now for two cases of cold Caprisuns and twelve boxes of chocolate mint Girl Scout cookies. Freakin bum!! Couldn't even start in college with those six man nimbers.

The Girl Scouts of America has rejected the trade. They noted that Marvin is too much of a pantywaste at this time.

• Like 1

In 07-08 Marvin averaged 15 ppg and almost 6 rpg and that was as the 3rd-4th option, although he was a lot more aggressive back then. I think a change of pace and being in a more structured offense could easily get him back to those numbers and possibly a bit more.

Marvin couldn't handle the extra attention garnered by a more prominent role in an NBA offense.

Marvin couldn't handle the extra attention garnered by a more prominent role in an NBA offense.

I'm not going to go back and do this research again but I'm 99% sure that Marvin averages 20+ ppg when Joe is out. I don't know if Marvin is playing tonight or not but if he does we'll see how he responds.

I'm not going to go back and do this research again but I'm 99% sure that Marvin averages 20+ ppg when Joe is out. I don't know if Marvin is playing tonight or not but if he does we'll see how he responds.

i will just be happy if he can get up and down the floor three consecutive times without falling down or dribbling the ball out of bounds...What can I say I have high standards...