• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sund Going after D-12! Rental!

Diesel

That's just it... I don't know if we have any more to give to make that work.

I mean, the only way that works is if it's Dwight/Turk for Smoove/Horf/Zaza.

Honestly. Do you think we're giving up all of our frontcourt players for that?

I don't, that is why I don't think the trade happens unless the Hawks find a taker for Hedo. My main point is that Orlando is insisting that if they are trading D12 to start over they want to get out of Hedo's contract as well, so that has to be taken into account.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

I don't, that is why I don't think the trade happens unless the Hawks find a taker for Hedo. My main point is that Orlando is insisting that if they are trading D12 to start over they want to get out of Hedo's contract as well, so that has to be taken into account.

IJS, I don't see the big difference between Hedo and Nelson as far as salary is concerned. It would be easier to move Nelson.

IJS, I don't see the big difference between Hedo and Nelson as far as salary is concerned. It would be easier to move Nelson.

Hedo is making 3 million more and has a longer contract. It would be easier for the Magic to keep Jameer and hope he doesn't pick up his player option for next season, if he does he is an expiring contract next season at 7.8 mil. They would still have Hedo on their books for 11.8 mil next year and 12 mil(non guaranteed in 2013-2014)

• Admin

I would not trade both Al and Josh for a half season of Dwight. As much as I would love Howard to come here...I don't think he will stay...especially if we are trading all the assets that would keep him here.

I see Danny Manning written all over this

• Premium Member

I stand by what I said earlier in an another thread: trading for Dwight without a contract extension would be franchise suicide. We would give up too much to get him and then be left holding the bag at Hartsfield while he left us for another team.

• Admin

I stand by what I said earlier in an another thread: trading for Dwight without a contract extension would be franchise suicide. We would give up too much to get him and then be left holding the bag at Hartsfield while he left us for another team.

The one good thing if he leaves is that I will save money since I would not bother paying for NBA league pass next year

• Premium Member

Hold on Doom and Gloom...

We haven't lost Josh and if we trade Josh, we'll get something back for him.

D-12 gives us a real title shot... not one of these wishes.

If we get D-12 and he decided that he wanted out.. we see if we can work out a SNT for him... and we still get something of value.

Aside from Lebron.. can you name a FA who just left his team with Nothing?

The bottom line is this.

You need to see that winning a championship is the purpose of the team. It was put together to win a championship. Because of bad signings, our window rests on Joe's age and durability. In other words, the time to win is now. We're not going to move Joe... so holding Joe and holding Horf is going to be keeping mediocrity up.

Sometimes, you have to take the risk and take your best shot.

What if getting D-12 for Horf leads to D-12 saying.. you know I really like these guys.. I want to keep my talents in Atlanta?

(Don't you hate optimism?)

What if getting D-12 for Horf allows Smoove to feel alot better about his situation and he also wants to stay in Atlanta?

If we lose Horf...and had a chance at the title, I say it was worth it.. and we can rebuild.

But if we keep Horf and never get past the 2nd round.. i say.. what was the point of that?

Indeed. That last bit, I've been saying for eons.

• Premium Member

The one good thing if he leaves is that I will save money since I would not bother paying for NBA league pass next year

Doesn't it depend on who we get?

Say we get a Horf for D-12 with some fixing (not including Josh) deal.

D-12 leaves. Best for him is a sign and trade.

We SNT him to NJ for Lopez/1st.

We SNT him to LAC for DeAndre Jordan/Mo Williams.

You wouldn't watch us after that?

Doesn't it depend on who we get?

Say we get a Horf for D-12 with some fixing (not including Josh) deal.

D-12 leaves. Best for him is a sign and trade.

We SNT him to NJ for Lopez/1st.

We SNT him to LAC for DeAndre Jordan/Mo Williams.

You wouldn't watch us after that?

The Nets don't have to do a SnT with us so that's a very dangerous gamble. And the Clippers would have to want to get D-12 and they probably would, but again you never know they may be happy with what they have.

Turk's contract may not fit but Orlando will want to move him regardless, which means Atlanta will have to add to the deal to make it work if they really want D12. Any trade scenario that you make, I think should include Turk as well.

Difference between the trade with us and what most teams have rumored to be offering is two solid players in Smith and Horford. Orlando would actually still be pretty damn good. Turk on their team with Josh and Al makes more sense than if all they got was Lee and from NJ

• Premium Member

The Nets don't have to do a SnT with us so that's a very dangerous gamble. And the Clippers would have to want to get D-12 and they probably would, but again you never know they may be happy with what they have.

The Nets would want to do a SNT with us if their plan is to resign Deron and get Howard. It's a gamble, but to make sure that we don't ship him off to LAC, they'd make a deal with us.... Honestly, what does NJ have that compares to what he would have in LAC.

In LAC, Mo is nothing right now and D12 is >>>>>> DeAndre Jordan.

LAC would Jump at the opportunity to have the best C in the game and really, that would be my first call after D12 tells me he still wants to go elsewhere. I would say... "How about to LAC to play with Chris Paul and the Slam Dunk Champ!"

The Nets would want to do a SNT with us if their plan is to resign Deron and get Howard. It's a gamble, but to make sure that we don't ship him off to LAC, they'd make a deal with us.... Honestly, what does NJ have that compares to what he would have in LAC.

In LAC, Mo is nothing right now and D12 is >>>>>> DeAndre Jordan.

LAC would Jump at the opportunity to have the best C in the game and really, that would be my first call after D12 tells me he still wants to go elsewhere. I would say... "How about to LAC to play with Chris Paul and the Slam Dunk Champ!"

The Nets could re-sign Deron and sign Dwight and still keep Lopez and their 1st or move Lopez to another team. They know with absolute certainty that Dwight wants to play there and Dwight holds the cards, he's not a restricted free agent so we can't hold them hostage.

• Premium Member

The Nets could re-sign Deron and sign Dwight and still keep Lopez and their 1st or move Lopez to another team. They know with absolute certainty that Dwight wants to play there and Dwight holds the cards, he's not a restricted free agent so we can't hold them hostage.

Again... what keeps us from working Dwight into a deal with LAC?

Just ask yourself.. where would you rather be...

On a team with Deron and Lopez with no real Sg...

or

On a team with Paul, Griffin, Butler, and Bledsoe

According to ShamSPort, NJ is already at 35 Million in contracts for next year.

Deron would get more than he's getting now... which is more than Paul is going to make.

Moreover, They won't have room to do a whole lot of signings. D-12 wants to go to NJ for market... but what market is bigger han LA. And is Market worth you having to start over.

NJ would SNT with us (if necessary) because they don't want to be like Chicago the year they thought they were getting Duncan and Jones and got NOTHING.

Again... what keeps us from working Dwight into a deal with LAC?

Just ask yourself.. where would you rather be...

On a team with Deron and Lopez with no real Sg...

or

On a team with Paul, Griffin, Butler, and Bledsoe

According to ShamSPort, NJ is already at 35 Million in contracts for next year.

Deron would get more than he's getting now... which is more than Paul is going to make.

Moreover, They won't have room to do a whole lot of signings. D-12 wants to go to NJ for market... but what market is bigger han LA. And is Market worth you having to start over.

NJ would SNT with us (if necessary) because they don't want to be like Chicago the year they thought they were getting Duncan and Jones and got NOTHING.

AGAIN, DWIGHT HOLDS THE CARDS. Not the Hawks. Not any team that trades for him. How is that difficult to comprehend? Dwight can sign outright with the Nets, regardless of what the Hawks want to do with him. The ONLY hope is that NJ doesn't want to eat up all of their cap space to sign Dwight and even then, that's in the hands of the Nets and not the Hawks.

It doesn't matter what I or you or anyone thinks is the best place for Dwight and sure it sounds awesome for him to play for the Clippers, but so far Dwight has made it known that the Nets and Mavericks are his 2 preferred places to play.

I would. The benefits of getting Dwight far outway the cost... if it's one or the other. I won't give up Horf and Smoove or JJ and Smoove or Horf and JJ for Dwight.. that's too high.

You are right besides Dwight is not going to a team that has no pieces. He can hold out and go where he wants at the end of the year. If the Hawks want to be real players in the sweepstakes they have to have weight that is attractive to a free agent. Horf and Marvin Williams with maybe Hinrich and a pick (of course the numbers have to match).That would leave a Nucleus of JJ, Smoove, Teague and Dwight, that is formidable as tops in the east.