• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I was excited then let down by the faulty Journalism.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Brent David Roberts.... YOU SUCK.

"

Al Horford is still likely out the remainder of the season with his torn pectoral muscle, yet the Hawks still sit as the #6 seed, and provided they can remain sixth or higher, they have a legit chance at getting out of the first round. No one wants to face Miami or Chicago.

But could the Hawks really make noise starting Zaza Pachulia at center the rest of the season?

They might not have to.

New Orleans is seeking to deal Chris Kaman and his expiring contract, and Atlanta has an expiring of their own in Kirk Hinrich—and the salaries match up.

The Hornets could use Hinrich as bad as the Hawks could use Kaman, so the deal makes perfect sense for both squads, and would solve short term problems for both teams (more so the Hawks of course, since New Orleans is no where near the playoff picture)."

IN what world does Hinrich and Kaman's salary match.

I would still send Hinrich/Marvin for Kaman, but this is bad Journalism!

Yahoo! Bleacher Report...............

Did Diesel change the link? Cause it's going to a legit NBA.com David Aldridge trade chatter article now, not Bleacher Report.

We'd have to get a 3rd team willing to take Marvin and send expiring contracts to New Orleans but it could be done.

http://games.espn.go...tradeId=6sl4l2x

Kaman to ATL

Hinrich / Hollins to NO

Marvin to CLE

Clears $1.5 million off of our books this year, getting us under the luxury tax, and gets us a legit starting C while also out of Marvin's contract.

Clears $3.5 million off of New Orleans books this year and gives them back expirings so no long term harm done and also gives them something of a backup C to replace Kaman.

Cleveland finally gets Marvin and they don't have to give up anyone special to get him, but they do have to absorb $5 million extra in salary this year, which still keeps them below the cap. Marvin has next year at $8.3 million and an early termination option for 2014 so it's not a bad deal for Cleveland and they've been wanting him for a while.

The article he linked at the top of his post is by some guy named Brett David Roberts, a contributor to Yahoo's fan network that has managed to bang out a total of 12 articles in 2 years. He cites Aldridge's blurb on Kirk/Kaman as the basis of his fan piece but Aldridge never once implied it would be a 1 for 1 swap like this other guy spend's an entire article doing.

• Premium Member
Yahoo! Bleacher Report...............

It's clearly stated on the banner. We have to stop assuming everything we read on the net is true. Half of these sites are no more trustworthy than mediatakeoutdotcom

The article he linked at the top of his post is by some guy named Brett David Roberts, a contributor to Yahoo's fan network that has managed to bang out a total of 12 articles in 2 years. He cites Aldridge's blurb on Kirk/Kaman as the basis of his fan piece but Aldridge never once implied it would be a 1 for 1 swap like this other guy spend's an entire article doing.

I see ... well at least this time it referenced a real article where a real reporter mentioned it.

I see ... well at least this time it referenced a real article where a real reporter mentioned it.

Kaman will be moved if NO can get anything decent at all for him. Latest rumor is Detroit, but Detroit has been interested in him for years. So this is no real surprise.

• Premium Member

These guys are hearing rumors flyiong left and right and then they write a article on them. There is a lot of talk that goes on that means nothing, its just talk. Aldridge is pretty reliable based on what ive seen in the past. There are less than a handfull of reporters that really know what is going on.

The tweet thing yesterday about Smoove going to NJ is an example, talk is just talk sometimes. On occasion though, things do turn into reality.

We all want the Hawks to do something in regards to a big. Its my personal opinion that they will do nothing as usual, because they have a team that is competing and will more than likely make the playoffs. I thought maybe they might get in on the D12 thing but now Im not sure they will, Smoove and D12 would love to play together, but if the Hawks have anything to do with it, it will be tooo lopsided for the other team to do.

• Premium Member

Did Diesel change the link? Cause it's going to a legit NBA.com David Aldridge trade chatter article now, not Bleacher Report.

We'd have to get a 3rd team willing to take Marvin and send expiring contracts to New Orleans but it could be done.

http://games.espn.go...tradeId=6sl4l2x

Kaman to ATL

Hinrich / Hollins to NO

Marvin to CLE

Clears $1.5 million off of our books this year, getting us under the luxury tax, and gets us a legit starting C while also out of Marvin's contract.

Clears $3.5 million off of New Orleans books this year and gives them back expirings so no long term harm done and also gives them something of a backup C to replace Kaman.

Cleveland finally gets Marvin and they don't have to give up anyone special to get him, but they do have to absorb $5 million extra in salary this year, which still keeps them below the cap. Marvin has next year at $8.3 million and an early termination option for 2014 so it's not a bad deal for Cleveland and they've been wanting him for a while.

I like everything about this trade.

We get money this year and next (back on the cap).

Kaman is a true banger who will free up Smoove to be Smoove.

I get the feeling that Horf won't be back this year...

Willie, TMAC and Pargo can pick up the Slack lost in Marvin/Hinrich.

This would be a good move and we don't lose much.

I thought maybe they might get in on the D12 thing but now Im not sure they will, Smoove and D12 would love to play together, but if the Hawks have anything to do with it, it will be tooo lopsided for the other team to do.

If this is true all Howard has to do is list us as one of his preferred teams he would resign with and I bet the ASG would make them as good a offer as possible. But they are not going to risk trading and losing Horford and Possibly JJ, plus picks if Howard walks. Then add in Smoove who could walk the year later...

If you want to blow up the whole team going after a uncommitted Howard and holding on to Smoove just might get it done!

Edited by Buzzard

I like everything about this trade.

We get money this year and next (back on the cap).

Kaman is a true banger who will free up Smoove to be Smoove.

I get the feeling that Horf won't be back this year...

Willie, TMAC and Pargo can pick up the Slack lost in Marvin/Hinrich.

This would be a good move and we don't lose much.

Marvin and Hinrich is a lot but I would do it. That combination of Marvin's salary and Kirks expiring should be worth something of value...

Would love to have Kaman. Hinrich, Zaza. 2nd round pick. He could be a nice addition in free agency but something is not all there upstairs.

People don't bring up his name but Humphries would be a very nice score in a trade. He can play center and is extremely physical. His salary is exactly the same as Hinrich too...

You trot out Zaza, Hump, and Josh out there, teams would most definitely feel the toughness.