• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Wiz Get new Center - Tonite's Game?

Randy

We will see more of "he who's name shall not be mentioned".........hopefully he shoots them out of the game.

ZaZa had a really tough time vs. NeNe in Denver a few days back. He is tough matchup for ZaZa and Dampier since he is both smart and very athletic for a center.

We really miss Horford when we face guys like him.

Doubtful we see Nene tonight between physicals, situating his family, finding accomodations, press, initial meeting with coaches, gm, teammates, etc. It's rare to see cases like Arenas last year where he abandoned his family and got on the first thing smoking to Orlando at the moment his trade was announced.

• Moderators

No Nene tonight, as he still has a physical to pass and has until tomorrow afternoon to report. And thank goodness for that, as he had a season-high in points and assists during the Hawks’ ill-fated voyage to Denver three nights ago. I’ll go ahead and assume we have nothing to worry about with Brian Cook, either.

For the rest of the season, watch for John Wall’s assists and scoring to go up a notch. He’ll soon get a center that makes more assisted shots at the rim than the guy they shipped out, JaVale McGee. Nene is also more of an option from 10 feet out, giving Wall more options when he drives into the paint looking for a kickout. With Nene they’re getting a much better passer, specifically for assists at the rim, a place where guards like Wall live.

Where the dropoff will be greatest for D.C. will be in offensive rebounding. The Wizards give up their top offensive rebounder (plus Rony Turiaf) and will get in return a center who is not even in the top 100 in offensive rebounding rates, turning in the lowest such rate of his career thus far. To be fair, the depth the Nuggets have on the frontline plus their high two-point field goal percentage thin out opportunities to crash the boards, but even so, Nene’s “rate” is subpar. For tonight’s game, Trevor Booker, Kevin Seraphin, and Jan Vesely will try to help pick up rebounding slack on both ends.

Moving Young and McGee allows the Wizards, at this stage a certain lottery team, to deploy Wall and Nene as a productive two-man game to keep them in some games, while pushing the cadre of young talent they need to see develop quickly, including Jan Vesely, Kevin Seraphin, Trevor Booker, and even our old friend He Whose Name.

Expect the latter’s inefficient usage on offense to go down, though, as they rely on more offensive touches for Nene and veteran free agent pickup Roger Mason. For those into win shares, He Whose Name ranks in the top 20 among all NBA players in usage rate (higher than Kevin Love, Kyrie Irving, and Blake Griffin!) but is bottom-ten in win shares among major-minute (20+ mins) players. Mason made up for the poor shooting by Crawford and Singleton against New Orleans last night, complementing Wall with a surprising 19 points. With the departure of Young, Mason may emerge as Washington’s most reliable three-point shooter and free-throw shooter.

The Hawks will want to keep the ticky-tack fouls to a minimum, as the Wizards have the league’s highest percentage of And-1 baskets. Wall, Booker, and Vesely are their most successful in this area.

This can be a nice comeback game for one Mr. Zaza Pachulia. With only the Bogut-less Bucks holding a lower defensive rebounding rate, the Wizards give up the most offensive boards per game, and today will make do without either McGee or Nene. As a fun stat, among major-minute players taking one or more long-range shots (16-23 feet) per game, Zaza is now in the top five among all NBA players. Just 1.0 shots per game, but he’s shooting a Horford-esque 53 percent. Any chance he and Josh (top 5 in field goal attempts from 16-23 feet) can switch spots on that side of the floor?

Go Hawks!

~lw3

You guys arent missing anything with Crawford. He is the worst chucker i have ever seen.

Glad Mcgee is gone. He is so clueless on defense it is unbelievable.

DOnt say that around here, dont you know that he is a future hall of famer that is gonna put up 30 ppg

DOnt say that around here, dont you know that he is a future hall of famer that is gonna put up 30 ppg

It's funny that at this time last year people were complaining and calling for Sund's head for trading JC2 and I'll admit I wasn't thrilled with it, but now a year later it's looking like it was a good move as he's absolutely garbage.

well hello there stranger.

Wassuuup. I have been living in Md since '05 and i grew up here so i defected lol.

Crawford has no concept of shot selection. He makes Josh Smith look shy.

Looks like the Hawks are finally a tough defensive team now that they don't have garbage defenders like Bibby and Jamal. Even without Horford for much of the season i see the Hawks are still top 10 in defense.

Wassuuup. I have been living in Md since '05 and i grew up here so i defected lol.

Crawford has no concept of shot selection. He makes Josh Smith look shy.

Looks like the Hawks are finally a tough defensive team now that they don't have garbage defenders like Bibby and Jamal. Even without Horford for much of the season i see the Hawks are still top 10 in defense.

The defense has been a nice surprise this season. If only we could be more consistent offensively.

Defense in the second half was the key to our win.

Defense caused turnovers - There were plenty - And Hawks got well on them.

Washington won the first half, then went crazy. Apparently, Hawks adjusted

at the halftime break and Washington didn't. Their coach said, "Everyone on

our team tried to dribble way too much in the second half."

Watch out when we meet them again, with their full roster, they will be a load

to handle and their new coach may have a few things changed by then.

They are lottery bound, but their future looks pretty good. No starter last

night was over 22 years old. Wow! And, their center hadn't arrived yet.

Next year, things will be different. Just remember, you heard it here first.

Braves won! (I know, it don't count yet) And the Hawks won! Life is good.

GO BIG A !!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++