• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I think josh wanted to lead the team in scoring for the year

arhawkfan

ahhhh hush it.I used to think Joe hated to see Josh score more or shoot more but I think it is Joe who has been pushing for Josh to do what he has been doing.I can't remember the game but I'm sure it started from that game Joe told LD to keep Josh in a game that LD was about to rest Josh. Josh went off in the 4th qt of that game.

Oh yeah. 1st quarter Josh hit 2 shots, both dunks.

He missed a bunch of shots - couldn't buy one.

He wants to be the leading scorer? Yep. I believe he does.

He's so good. Problem is, he will not stop shooting when

he's ice cold from outside, like tonight in the 1st quarter.

Great win. Great bench (and Zaza) for a lot of the game.

----------------------------

Josh can take as may shots as he likes as long as they are in the paint. He either makes the shot or gets fouled. Josh has never been to the freethrow line while shooting a long jump shot , ever. He is always wide open, you never see the defender running at him.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

ahhhh hush it.I used to think Joe hated to see Josh score more or shoot more but I think it is Joe who has been pushing for Josh to do what he has been doing.I can't remember the game but I'm sure it started from that game Joe told LD to keep Josh in a game that LD was about to rest Josh. Josh went off in the 4th qt of that game.

You mean like when he sts that guys need to know their roles...

He started 2 for 10. He went 5 of the next 7. Finished 7 of 17. Had he finished 2 of 10 there would be more value in this thread. He was 41% for the game.Now scratching my head was both the shot selection. The first shot or 2 seemed to be designed for him. After that, the entire team was lethargic getting into the set and the Bobcats played good D to start. We weren't getting good shots at all. Shots 6-10 though, head scratchers.

Not to upset with how Josh started. You can get away with that stuff against the Bobcats, but thats where the discipline ive been typing about comes into play.Its good for them to leave you open Josh but you need to know when the J is not falling and when to focus in the paint.BTW Joe Johnson is our best player.

Another pointless thread about josh.... Ignore the good, and focus on the bad. Typical...

Well, the reason for that is because many see just how good Josh can be if he would eliminate the bad, which is his poor shot selection. Josh would be perfect for a motion offense as he is a relatively unselfish player if he would simply pass up half the poor jumpers that he takes. Attack the basket! When he plays aggressively and is attacking, he not only makes high percentage plays for himself, he makes plays for his teammates as well. The guy has above average court vision and passing skills, but he plays like he is a high post player. IMO, this detracts from everything else he does well.

Another pointless thread about josh.... Ignore the good, and focus on the bad. Typical...

The good should be a given. We aren't going to make a thread everytime he makes a layup or grabs a rebound. People bring up the bad stuff because it has to change for this team to contend.

Not to upset with how Josh started. You can get away with that stuff against the Bobcats, but thats where the discipline ive been typing about comes into play.Its good for them to leave you open Josh but you need to know when the J is not falling and when to focus in the paint.BTW Joe Johnson is our best player.

Joe is the Hawks best scorer.... And this year that is marginally. That's about all.

I think Josh is a team player but I think lowkey inside he wants to be the leading scorer. Which is 100%. Josh taking a bunch of shots is fine. Josh taking a bunch of Jumpers(and bricking) is NOT fine. The Josh we saw in the first quarter is why I DON'T want to play Boston cause thats how he ALWAYS plays against Boston.Only the Bobcats he can get away with it. He couldn't even get away with that against the freaking Warriors at home this season.