• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What's the blackest black eye in Hawks history?

Diesel

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I went with the Marvin Williams pick. Losing our chance at an elite PG is something that could haunt us for a while. Not to mention Marvin has been underwhelming in comparison to where he was drafted and how we missed out on quite a few all stars.

Why is the Shareef deal bad? We got a 20/10 player instead of Pete drafting Shane Battier. I think that's a win easily.

Exactly. Shareef was a really nice player for us. Even if we keep that pick in that draft(was it Gasol we could have drafted?), I'm not sure he would have done much more at the time than Shareef was doing. In hindsight I might have taken Gasol but Shareef wasn't bad at all.This is a tough one between the Dominique/Manning trade and the Marvin pick. The Dominique trade was just simply bad pr from the getgo. And we all know that drafting Chris Paul or Deron Williams could have changed the direction of the franchise for years to come for the better. Tough call between those two.
  • Like 1

Gotta be Marvin. Dont get me wrong, I kinda like Marvin and think he is a good 6th man. But he was drafted #2 and with that come some expectations. Could be worse though, he could be completely useless like some other #2 picks Thabeet and Milicic.

• Premium Member

I';; select one not on the list. Sheldon Williams.

There was no one out of the Sheldon Williams draft that was equal to what we could have had with either Paul, Deron, Bynum, or even Felton.

IMO, the blackest black eye in Hawks history is the ownership flap over the Joe Johnson signing. When your group is at odds with each other like that and takes each other to court over a sign and trade deal for a player, you do not get much blacker than that.

• Premium Member

Exactly. Shareef was a really nice player for us. Even if we keep that pick in that draft(was it Gasol we could have drafted?), I'm not sure he would have done much more at the time than Shareef was doing. In hindsight I might have taken Gasol but Shareef wasn't bad at all.This is a tough one between the Dominique/Manning trade and the Marvin pick. The Dominique trade was just simply bad pr from the getgo. And we all know that drafting Chris Paul or Deron Williams could have changed the direction of the franchise for years to come for the better. Tough call between those two.

Pete said if we kept the pick he would have drafted Battier. He wasn't going to take the risk on Gasol. He said this in hawks.com fan chat one time and he also said it to me in private emails. God I miss the days when you could actually email your team's GM and get a response.And I voted for Marvin. Taking Superbust instead of Deron or Paul has killed this core's chance of winning a title. I still want to cry real tears thinking what Joe and Josh could do with Deron or Paul running the point.

• Premium Member

Pete said if we kept the pick he would have drafted Battier. He wasn't going to take the risk on Gasol. He said this in hawks.com fan chat one time and he also said it to me in private emails. God I miss the days when you could actually email your team's GM and get a response.And I voted for Marvin. Taking Superbust instead of Deron or Paul has killed this core's chance of winning a title. I still want to cry real tears thinking what Joe and Josh could do with Deron or Paul running the point.

Do you really think that this ownership would pay Williams or Paul along with Smoove and Joe? That's the problem with guys like Williams and Paul, they don't win because they are paid like superstar but in reality the are not because they can't carry a team

• Premium Member

I'm actually surprised that nobody picked Koncak.Cak was making as much as Pat Ewing...More than Nique. It's equivalent to if we gave Zaza a Max Deal.

Because this board hates the current Hawks more than any players in history

Do you really think that this ownership would pay Williams or Paul along with Smoove and Joe? That's the problem with guys like Williams and Paul, they don't win because they are paid like superstar but in reality the are not because they can't carry a team

Who, exactly, carries a team nowadays anyways ? Yes, I do think the ASG would spend to keep a core like that.

• Premium Member

Who, exactly, carries a team nowadays anyways ? Yes, I do think the ASG would spend to keep a core like that.

Grass is always greener but until Paul and Williams shut me up by going further in the playoffs this bad Hawk core according to many, I continue to say it..I would rather have Marvin and Horford plusTeague over Paul/Williams and a filler Edited by Peoriabird
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Of course they would. We would pay Deron or Paul what Horford is getting paid since we would have been too good to draft Horford.

Grass is always greener but until Paul and Williams shut me up by going further in the playoffs this bad Hawk core according to many, I continue to say it..I would rather have Marvin and Horford plusTeague over Paul/Williams and a filler

With Williams, you might have a case. However, Chris Paul is obvious. Had the Hawks taken Chris Paul and combined him with Joe Johnson, it would have been a match made in heaven. Those two would have complimented each other so well. Chris Paul would have immediately made the Hawks better as a rookie. They would not have been a 26 win team with Chris Paul. Chris Paul had more wins produced than any other player in the NBA last year with 18.4 WP. The problem was, the next three players on his team combined for fewer wins produced than what he produced. In Atlanta, Paul would have immediately had a better teammate than anyone he had in New Orleans with Joe Johnson, and Josh Smith is also better than anyone he had in New Orleans with him.