• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Call me crazy but Im just not scared of the Boston Celtics and I hope we get them first round!

JTB

Well I guess Im crazy to most of you! LOL.....but the C's dont put fear in me! Yes I know that they are the hottest team in League or one of the hottest teams in the league right now but I still see the hawks beating them in a series.what makes me believe this....1. the hawks did lose the last 2 matchups against boston but they were really close games and the losses both came the same way....a late game break down in fundamentals. now can the hawks fix this? yes! will they? yes! because we as hawk fans know that the hawks for some reason hate boston more than any team in the league more than likely its because of that 4 years ago first round series but my point is that our hawks play with heart against this team!! and boston knows it2.the hawks can be really bad alot of times but I got to give my boys props! just like the magic whooped they as* 2 years ago the following year the hawks came back with attitude and sent them home last year while looking incrediable on the court! What makes you think they dont want to get boston back?!...and yes I understand its a def roster but the main players are still here! Those players especially Josh will overly hype a series against boston up! and you guys know he will....for this unit its about payback! which isnt great cause they should be their best every game but hell squawkers thats just our hawks.3.we hold leads against them every time. the playoffs is a different story we all know that! the hawks have had atleast 10 point leads against boston throughout both games I believe and we just didnt finish them off. now for any other team maybe except the magic this would be a regular hawk issue but do you really think ATL is going to NOT hold on to a lead in the playoffs against boston! a team they hate and have a passion to beat!.....Im just saying...I know the hawks can end boston and move to round 2 even if it takes 7 games. now as far as other teams go we will have to wait and see but Boston! huh ....somewhat of a cake walk to be honest! bring them on!

I want the celtics too...I don't know whats wrong with the people saying they're scared of Boston. If we play Boston in the first round we'll get primetime coverage for every game, I would love to get revenge for that 08 playoff loss and finally put the old men to bed. If we beat Boston in the first round we'll actually get a little respect from the national media and it will more than likely give the guys some needed confidence for the later rounds. They really just don't strike fear into me like that, what do they have that we just can't do anything about? I like our bench better than theirs and I feel we win a couple matchups with the starters with them also taking a couple of those matchups. I want the Celtics

Wouldn't it be great to knock off the 'only' team that is capable of winning a game against Chicago or Miami according to the experts? I would personally love to hear Heinsohn cry like a school kid as the clock wind down on their season, as well as read what Bill Simmons (good writer and notorious Boston homer) have to write afterwards...

I want the Celts too.. Sure i would love to have Orlando, with us at the 3 seed, but that would just lead to a Miami Atlanta matchup. And I would much rather face the Bulls in the 2nd round. Esp if Rose isnt 100%.

As I have said before, Boston didn't beat us in the last game, we beat ourselves.

Too many missed free throws. We lost it at the charity stripe. Our bench, for

the most part, played terrible. Two hot shooting guards went 0-8 in that one.

My boss at work has always been a big Celtic fan. He's gone from here to Boston

to watch them. That was in 2010, I believe.

Would I be happy with a Hawk / Celtic matchup? You betcha. Bring it on!!

Posted Image

Well I guess Im crazy to most of you! LOL.....but the C's dont put fear in me! Yes I know that they are the hottest team in League or one of the hottest teams in the league right now but I still see the hawks beating them in a series.

Yessir...I believe you are crazy. As Nique would say the Celtics are "cooking with grease" right now and aren't taking too many "heat checks" (ie:dumb shots).The Celtics are lining up for a last chance at a title with Garnett...and even have a decent chance IMO. Their backups are peaking and Rondo is rounding into top form. Doc Rivers is pushing all the right buttons. I would give us 0.5% of a chance against them (without Horford).Unless they suffer an injury to a key player I would expect we would win one game against them in a playoff series.But that's just my opinion. Edited by DJlaysitup

All of you who want the celtics and crazy. They have been on a tear lately and are playing very strong basketball. They have a better coach than us and have a better starting lineup than us. When are you going to get it through your heads? We lost the past 2 game to Boston, they would crush us in the playoffs. Teague cannot handle Rondo.

Edited by frankthetank966

All of you who want the celtics are crazy. They have been on a tear lately and are playing very strong basketball. They have a better coach than us and have a better starting lineup than us. When are you going to get it through your heads? We lost the past 2 games to Boston, they would crush us in the playoffs. Teague cannot handle Rondo.

I agree tank...except for the "crush" part. I would expect them to beat us in a comfortable fashion with two or three of their big guys stepping up at opportune times and their role players playing good D. All they have to do is get us in playoff-style half court ball and we are at a serious disadvantage.Let's face it...they still have KG, PP, Ray Allen, and Rondo....and some other guys.P.S. - Could KG have a 20+ year career...he's in his 16th year now and still very effective.Farragut Academy HS (IL) / USA Years Pro: 16 Born: 1976 Edited by DJlaysitup

Crush these Hawks!

Yep. They did, didn't they. By 2 points in the last game - in overtime.

With the Hawks missing all those free throws and all that other stuff.

As I said, bring it on!!!

Posted Image

Crush these Hawks!

Yep. They did, didn't they. By 2 points in the last game - in overtime.

With the Hawks missing all those free throws and all that other stuff.

As I said, bring it on!!!

Posted Image

Dude, we blew a double digit lead in the 4th in typical Hawks fashion. Plus Doc will outcoach LD. C'mon guys get real! When the Celtics get into the playoffs they will step up their game. We are talking about the world champs from a couple of years ago. They have 4 potential all-stars and its doubtful Al will come back. The way Kirk has been playing gives boston a big advantage.

Dude, we blew a double digit lead in the 4th in typical Hawks fashion. Plus Doc will outcoach LD. C'mon guys get real! When the Celtics get into the playoffs they will step up their game. We are talking about the world champs from a couple of years ago. They have 4 potential all-stars and its doubtful Al will come back. The way Kirk has been playing gives boston a big advantage.

But the way you were talking in your previous post you would think they beat us by 40....we lost by 2 in overtime on their floor with JJ having a terrible game, missing plenty of free throws, Rondo putting up a triple double, and our 2 main scorers off the bench going 0 for 8...now if you can tell me thats going to happen every game then ok I'll take your side but ummmm NO!!!! The Celtics are good but FAR from great.
  • Like 1

But the way you were talking in your previous post you would think they beat us by 40....we lost by 2 in overtime on their floor with JJ having a terrible game, missing plenty of free throws, Rondo putting up a triple double, and our 2 main scorers off the bench going 0 for 8...now if you can tell me thats going to happen every game then ok I'll take your side but ummmm NO!!!! The Celtics are good but FAR from great.

At the same time Josh had his first good game against the Celtics, Allen didn't play, KG fouled out and we shot 10 more Free Throws than they did. These are not common occurences either.