• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

JJ and pierce

arhawkfan

• Premium Member

They both played great D tonight. People often forget that in the playoffs, the best players finally start giving a decent effort at the other end. Tonight, it showed.I'm especially impressed with JJ. Pierce can't do his "draw ticky-tack fouls" routine on him. He actually has to, you know, play basketball. And frankly, Pierce is past the point where he can get 30 points unless he gets to the line a bunch. Hopefully JJ and Marvin can keep him under wraps the rest of the way. With a gimpy Allen, that might be all the Hawks need to win the series.

They both played great D tonight. People often forget that in the playoffs, the best players finally start giving a decent effort at the other end. Tonight, it showed.I'm especially impressed with JJ. Pierce can't do his "draw ticky-tack fouls" routine on him. He actually has to, you know, play basketball. And frankly, Pierce is past the point where he can get 30 points unless he gets to the line a bunch. Hopefully JJ and Marvin can keep him under wraps the rest of the way. With a gimpy Allen, that might be all the Hawks need to win the series.

PP can barely move. It's hard to believe he is still getting 19/5/4 with the way he moves. He looks overweight and slow. Edited by Hotlanta1981

Once again Joe completely disappeared on the offensive end during the playoffs. Thankfully his defense was awesome. He forced Paul Pierce into an equally bad shooting night. I don't think we are going to have a lot of success with him not showing up on the offensive side of the ball. However his defense on Pierce was great.

I don't see Joe going 0-9 from 3 again in the playoffs this year. Probably the worst offensive game you'll see from him in the series and it's still a win. 1 down, 11 to go.

I hope you're right about this being his worst game. Joe has got to step it up. We played a good team game tonight but Boston made it uncomfortably close. If Rondo doesn't lose his cool, they have a legit shot to steal the game. Without Joe making his shots, we're not going to win this series.

This is a true measure of the team and how much they have grown and matured. JJ with an off game usually means a loss. Not any more - Josh, Teague, Kirk and even Collins came up big.

Everyone has an off night. Remember two years ago when Ray Allen tied the playoff record for 3's and then the following game went 1-13 or something similar to that? Joe had wide open looks and he missed them because he was ice cold tonight. That kind of thing doesnt happen night in and night out. He will come back and he will play well.