• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This is why I hoped we had sucked after Al's injury

Eddielives

Losing out on a lottery pick this year, with the draft being pretty deep with talent, I think we're stuck once again with the same team next year. Mann it sucks being a fan of this team some time. When are we going to have some luck go our way. And how hard is it to see old Paul Pierce outplaying our big money Joe making us look like total fools for ever giving this guy so much money. Damn Joe you are such a disappointment. And anyone still defending him at this point is just flat out clueless. Pierce is embarrassing him and Hawks fans.

Look to the left. Savior.

I really think this team needs these things: 1) A new coach. It's not that I don't like Drew, but he's not the guy to demand respect and keep his team focused.2) Joe has to go one way or another. He's not a leader, he's not getting us anywhere and he's a financial albatross. Amnesty.3) At all costs, whatever future plan this team has must, I mean MUST include a point guard with the BALLS to lead men into battle. We have no leader. We have no chemistry. When we win, it's by a bunch of individuals having good nights. It's rarely solid team basketball. We have talent but no chemistry. We have skill players but no leadership.

We know nothing is going to change. The team will be kept intact. ASG and Sund will spin this as "We were injured and it was a short season" PR BS. I will be so glad when this current Era of Hawks basketball is over with. We can implode the roster and hopefully new ownership will be just around the corner.

• Premium Member

I really think this team needs these things: 1) A new coach. It's not that I don't like Drew, but he's not the guy to demand respect and keep his team focused.2) Joe has to go one way or another. He's not a leader, he's not getting us anywhere and he's a financial albatross. Amnesty.3) At all costs, whatever future plan this team has must, I mean MUST include a point guard with the BALLS to lead men into battle. We have no leader. We have no chemistry. When we win, it's by a bunch of individuals having good nights. It's rarely solid team basketball. We have talent but no chemistry. We have skill players but no leadership.

Yes we most def. need a new, proven coach. Yes JJ has been a disappointment for what he's been paid.It's not just "we have no chemistry". What we DO have is a first-class chemistry disruptor, who thinks he's the ****** man and wants to do it all by himself. A self-proclaimed hero. The one that at times makes us look as if we had 4 players against 6 of the opposing team.He will take the reins off of Teague's hands.He will rob the shooters of their long-distance shots.He will bark at the refs when things don't go his way.Is this the type of player we want as our "star"? Does anyone think we can win something with this guy as our main scorer? Leader?Wake up Atlanta. It's all about himself. Edited by BrazilianHawk
  • Like 1

im pissed off http-~~-//youtu.be/s9K6eu-efSc

Sup Tone? This is Kenta and I was even more heated than you man. I couldn't even have that much composure to put a youtube vid together. I agree with everything. It's a travesty that guys like Joe have the same super subpar performances in the playoffs with his unwarranted $100+Mil contract!

As for your video bruh, I just gotta say...http://www.tubechop.com/watch/357517

This organization is only going to get us the past 2nd round when they start from the top. Look at it like this. Here's a plan:

1. Owner

Get a real individual owner in here that is hands-on with the process of running and building this product. Hell, I wouldn't care if it Bow Wow or Tyler Perry as long as they were vested in our team.

2. Players

Decide wholeheartedly who stays beyond this summer and who goes and then blow the rest up.

* Marvin Williams - Must go! Regardless of if ever realizes potential somewhere else or not. He does not work here.

* Josh Smith - is a keeper! Wipe a monkey's butt with what any hater says about trading Smoove, this guy gives us too much that is extremely too hard to replace. His "boneheaded" plays will make you wanna crack the back of his head with a sharp whip, but they are slowly decreasing. I said slowly but at least they are decreasing. YOU HAVE TO REALIZE, how much would Josh play like that on a team with an elite PG, an intense, superstar leader, or well-respected coach??? He will share the ball and follow the lead of any player or coach who commands respect.

* Joe Johnson - CAN NOT be amnestied YET. But he can be traded, believe or not there are a few suitors out there like GS, ORL, and maybe 1-2 more. Problem is our front office was too stagnant and reluctant to be aggressive on deals. GS moved Monta (who would've been a key in a deal for Joe). Teams like CLE and WAS have nothing really to offer. I pray there some truth to the ORL rumors and we could move Joe, Al + pick for Dwight + Hedo, but we all know that a pipe dream.

* Al Horford - another Keeper. Outside of a trade for Dwight or another top 5 center in a package deal, Horford stays.

* Jeff Teague - another Keeper. Especially still being in his rookie deal. His next step has to be "how to lead the team with his abilities and how to control the game"...He has to be allow to be a D-Rose/Westbrook type or a T. Paker type. He the ability to be either. He has to polish his shoot off the dribble skill, develop his pick n roll feel, and above all BE AGGRESSIVE AT ALL TIMES.

* Zaza Pachulia - can be kept unless needed to make a trade (invovling a true starting center)

* The others - Ivan Johnson is definitely a keeper, Kirk can go (can keep only if re-signed cheaper than $5M/yr), EVERYONE ELSE CAN GO.

3. Coach - Drew can not get these current guys any further. The current core needs a top tier coach, who demands respect, and commands all out effort. Coaches like Sloan, Randleman, and a few others have done way more with less talented players. Drew can e kept only if we get a true superstar who can lead these guys.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Just out of curiousity, when did Josh Smith proclaim himself to be a superhero?

Yeah, right, he didn't use the words.He just uses to play like he was able to do it all. Before trying to do it all, he should focus on his supposed role in the team. Josh is a big, and he should play like one.

Teague is nothing like Westbrook or Rose. He does have that Tony Parker type but he will never reach that with this personnel grouping. It's even less likely than hoping Marvin plays up to his potential. Sometimes you gotta be smart. Memphis did it when they moved Mayo to the bench since he didn't fit their high post-big man ball controlled offense. We need to realize Teague is just not the type of PG who can play in a ball dominant set with no legit back to the basket bigs.

I would absolutely hate the Hawks with a passion if they continue this Teague experiment. It will fail, I have no doubts about it.

Tone the attention whore...We don't need to blow up the team but major changes are needed.1. Send LD on his way. Look for another assistant, Memphis has some good ones.2. Sign Andre Miller if he doesn't retire.3. Screw Marvin4. Draft best available big in the 1st, bpa in the 2nd even if it's a big.

Tone the attention whore...We don't need to blow up the team but major changes are needed.1. Send LD on his way. Look for another assistant, Memphis has some good ones.2. Sign Andre Miller if he doesn't retire.3. Screw Marvin4. Draft best available big in the 1st, bpa in the 2nd even if it's a big.

What r u name calling for man? Tone just venting like we do on this board. Everyone who is a real Hawks fan should have some kinda frustration after that game 4. But damn, kill that weak BS name calling. Plus its not like your are the greatest wither. Where is old azz Miller and draft pick going to take these guys.

The team needs to be blown up if Smoove is gonna leave after next year. We are not winning with Al and Joe only.1. LD needs to go go go but no more "assistants". We need a seasoned vet coach with playoff/finals experience.2. This should of been done 5-6 years ago. Too late now.3. Agreed.4. We should go with BPA in the 1st. No one is safe on this team. Edited by GameTime

ASG is not going to amnesty Joe (or anyone else probably). They are not going to eat $100 million.

No one will eat Joe's contract. Not even Bill Gates. What sense does it make to eat someone due 63 mil and he's still productive because he is overpaid. GT did that and they are worse now than they were under Hewitt. Joe is a championship level player, he is just not a #1 option or a superstar.